hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember the game v City at Tynie and Joe Corrigan flattening Colin Campbell at the Gorgie Rd end. The physio (could it have been the blessed and sacred Tam McNiven?) related afterwards that he had to stop him swallowing his tongue.

And Skol Lager. WTF happened to that? Wherever it went I'm glad it went where it did. Remember getting a pint of it in the Barony Bar one Saturday night in the lost early 80s and it tasted like egg ****ing rolls.
    You got one of the decent pints then - only surpassed in horribleness by Kestrel.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I remember the game v City at Tynie and Joe Corrigan flattening Colin Campbell at the Gorgie Rd end. The physio (could it have been the blessed and sacred Tam McNiven?) related afterwards that he had to stop him swallowing his tongue.

And Skol Lager. WTF happened to that? Wherever it went I'm glad it went where it did. Remember getting a pint of it in the Barony Bar one Saturday night in the lost early 80s and it tasted like egg ****ing rolls.
    You still get cans of Skol in Tesco. It is indeed vile stuff.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    You got one of the decent pints then - only surpassed in horribleness by Kestrel.
    See, I keep a wee regard for Kestrel. It was my first under-age carry-oot. Khayyams on the corner of Albert Street and Easter Road.

See, I keep a wee regard for Kestrel. It was my first under-age carry-oot. Khayyams on the corner of Albert Street and Easter Road.
    I used to get free cans as my mate worked in S&N at Fountainbridge when it first came out. Appaling stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    I used to get free cans as my mate worked in S&N at Fountainbridge when it first came out. Appaling stuff.
    I'm sure Kestrel has made a comeback and the new stuff is far stronger than the old 3% job. Never tried it so no idea what it's like but a couple of supermarkets took it on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough muzzando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm sure Kestrel has made a comeback and the new stuff is far stronger than the old 3% job. Never tried it so no idea what it's like but a couple of supermarkets took it on.
    Can confirm the new Kestrel is awful. Didn't had the old one because I was too young

Keith keith keith

Skol skol skol skol
    Funny how it has stuck as the skol cup even though they only sponsored the league cup for a short period.
    Funny too that there's folk who dont know we actually won the league cup in 1991.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    The competition we won in 1991 was the League Cup, same as 72, it had just been rebranded the Skol Cup as part of a sponsorship deal. Same as it would later become the Coca Cola Cup, CIS Cup and now Betfred Cup or our Cup is the William Hill Scottish Cup and was the Tennents Scottish Cup.

Only difference is in 1991 Skol decided to provide an additional trophy that was also presented to the winners, that wasn't a seperate competition just an extra trophy.

It's a good thread but this is the very best bit.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzando View Post
    Can confirm the new Kestrel is awful. Didn't had the old one because I was too young
    I saw some boy drinking a can of Kestrel Super Strength using a straw the other week. Sophisticated alkis down here in London.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

That was the worst pint on the planet

I've still got my t-shirt, like new it is!..

20161026_220328.jpg

In the course of the post match celebrations I was in a 'skol' pub and they had skol pennants around the walls.

when I awoke the next morning it transpired that I had acquired a roll of said pennants and turned them into a belt ,which I had been unable to remove before getting some much needed sleep.

A pair of scissors were required to get them off !!!

You still get cans of Skol in Tesco. It is indeed vile stuff.
    Bizarrely I had a can in Malaysia about 9 years ago - it was widely available over there!

First Team Breakthrough Pat 0-7's Avatar
    Skol was nectar compared to Charger .......cheap gutrot with a King Billy lookalike on the can!!

Anyone know what players are going to be at ER on Saturday? Article I read said the majority would be in attendance. Really hope Budgie is there although I suspect he may be one who isn't given where he currently lives.