hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seen Craig Thomson

My daughter had a hospital appt this afternoon and on returning to the waiting room who is sitting there but none other than Craig Thomson.

I have always been in the camp that think he cheated us in the cup final and is generally a pretty incompetent referee with yesterday's game the latest evidence for the prosecution. I have so much that I would have liked to say to/ask him but the enviroment of a childrens hospital waiting room was rather inappropriate obviously.

Have any of you out there ever met the man either professionally or randomly and discussed football, refereeing or even got in an argument?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sh*tebag

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My daughter had a hospital appt this afternoon and on returning to the waiting room who is sitting there but none other than Craig Thomson.

I have always been in the camp that think he cheated us in the cup final and is generally a pretty incompetent referee with yesterday's game the latest evidence for the prosecution. I have so much that I would have liked to say to/ask him but the enviroment of a childrens hospital waiting room was rather inappropriate obviously.

Have any of you out there ever met the man either professionally or randomly and discussed football, refereeing or even got in an argument?
    Was he getting a whistle removed from his arse?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Seen him in my local Tesco with his daughter once. Jim Duffy also stays 2mins away from me so I see him in there all the time. Also see Ian Durrants older brother and Keith Lasley, the M'well skipper down there all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

That was a cracker.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Think he used to work for a lawyer I dealt with some years ago. Funny thing was they definitely did do work for the yams. Possible someone there could have been at the wind up.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Haven't seen Thomson and wouldn't know what to do with myself if I did.

I did however do one of my coaching badges and John Rowbotham (sp) the old baldy headed ref same along and spoke at it.

He was a really decent guy who iirc didn't care for our pink neighbours much.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Not Thomson but understand your predicament. Gary Mackay complete with his "Show Rascism the Red Card" rubber bracelet sat opposite me on the train through to Glasgow. It was too early really I did clock the irony....

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Haven't seen Thomson and wouldn't know what to do with myself if I did.

I did however do one of my coaching badges and John Rowbotham (sp) the old baldy headed ref same along and spoke at it.

He was a really decent guy who iirc didn't care for our pink neighbours much.
    Which goes to prove that certain referees do have agendas.
    And when you are looking for fair play you have to know referees leanings to other clubs!

Don't think I'd say anything to Thomson. We all know about his fairly recent anti hibs agenda and how it eased hearts to the cup but what can you say? The only people who should really be talking to him about it are the hearts fans thanking him for his behaviour (I'm not sure he'd like that, as it questions his integrity)

Anyway, 3-2 wipes it all out.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Never met the man myself but I do know the boss of the Electrical Engineers he works for as a sort of legal consultant .

I gave him a call a few months after That cup final to get his take on Mr Thomson's biases.

His opinion was that Thomson had no particular leanings for or against any particular club, but he was prone to making glaring errors whilst refereeing. He also said a few others from various clubs had asked the same type of question.

If Thomson was not personally biased against us in that cup final , it must have been business. Maybe a wad of hot Lithuanian Litas was offered , but knowing the way Vlad worked , Mr Thomson would have ended up as another name on the creditor's list if he was stupid enough to put in a claim for his fee.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Had the misfortune to sit next to Craig levein on a flight to Tenerife a couple of years ago. Miserable po faced ****!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    I find all this Thomson stuff quite tiresome. I have more anguish for the performance of the players and the quality within that particular incarnation of a hibs team. Even if Hibs with 11 men and Ian black red carded wouldn't have won that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeystewart View Post
    I find all this Thomson stuff quite tiresome. I have more anguish for the performance of the players and the quality within that particular incarnation of a hibs team. Even if Hibs with 11 men and Ian black red carded wouldn't have won that day.

I think you're right when all's said and done. Something was definitely wrong with the way he ran the game though and it might be reasonable to suggest a lack of hibs bias on his part?

I think we'd have won the cup if Doherty had been playing for the yams though

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Agree. Thompson did cheat that day and his decisions against us over the years have been ridiculous but he is not the reason we lost that final. I don't think the scoreline would have been quite so flattering for hearts in that final if it wasn't for his wee helping hands but they most certainly would have still won. They had a team well beyond what they could afford and they were playing one of the absolute worst hibs team in living memory.

Was that at Forth Valley Falkirk Spike ? Thought I saw him there today

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Not Thomson but understand your predicament. Gary Mackay complete with his "Show Rascism the Red Card" rubber bracelet sat opposite me on the train through to Glasgow. It was too early really I did clock the irony....
    Gary Mackay was shopping in our local Asda my youngest lad was tagging along with the wife but being a complete pain in the arse, running riot. The wife managed to calm him down by telling him that the man was a football player. He was awe of this.

Fast forward to the tills and Gary is in front of my wife and Lewis.
    Lewis still staring at Gary who turns and says hiya to the wee man.

"Did you play football?"

"Yes son, not for that team tho" noticing Lewis Hibs home strip.

"I played for Hearts!" Gary proclaimed.

Quick as a flash Lewis replied

"Aye!! Well ma da' says Hearts are *****!!"

Wife didn't know where to look and began to apologise. Fair play to Gary, took it in good spirits and walked off laughing.

I've never met CT but I did used to work beside Bill Crombie, another Hearts bassa
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Gary Mackay was shopping in our local Asda my youngest lad was tagging along with the wife but being a complete pain in the arse, running riot. The wife managed to calm him down by telling him that the man was a football player. He was awe of this.

Fast forward to the tills and Gary is in front of my wife and Lewis.
    Lewis still staring at Gary who turns and says hiya to the wee man.

"Did you play football?"

"Yes son, not for that team tho" noticing Lewis Hibs home strip.

"I played for Hearts!" Gary proclaimed.

Quick as a flash Lewis replied

"Aye!! Well ma da' says Hearts are *****!!"

Wife didn't know where to look and began to apologise. Fair play to Gary, took it in good spirits and walked off laughing.
    Much hilarity in my house just now, great story. You need to teach the boy to say Lewis has a league cup and Scottish cup winners medal for the next time he bumps into medals mackay though

Sir Matt Busby

Thompson works as the lawyer for the company I work for. It is said that your not aloud to speak to him on football matters and it could cost you your job if you do.
    Only seen him once . He walk into the reception while I was there and gave me a look that said " yes it is me " while I gave him a look which said " FUD!!! "

Quote Originally Posted by deekster View Post
    Thompson works as the lawyer for the company I work for. It is said that your not aloud to speak to him on football matters and it could cost you your job if you do.
    Only seen him once . He walk into the reception while I was there and gave me a look that said " yes it is me " while I gave him a look which said " FUD!!! "
    Am thinking it could be the yams lawyers after all then or at least they were in the nineties?

No naming names!

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    I bumped into Gary Mackay after a derby at Tyne castle not so long ago. His big smug coupon lit up upon seeing my Hibs scarf as they had won. Quite proud that I reflexively called him a racist ****bag.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I've never met CT but I did used to work beside Bill Crombie, another Hearts bassa
    To be fair to Bill Crombie, he wasn't a cheat and was the referee for Sir Albert's greatest ever game

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    To be fair to Bill Crombie, he wasn't a cheat and was the referee for Sir Albert's greatest ever game
    Other than in the Tennants Sixes you mean?

It must have been purgatory for him at Dens Park that day
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Was that at Forth Valley Falkirk Spike ? Thought I saw him there today
    Yip, Larbert.

I'm not so sure about that!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Not so sure and would have been nice to have had the chance. Painter going off in 10 mins totally changes the game.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar

You should have got Melissa to walk up and kick him right in the spuds. I'm sure you could have explained it away as ADHD or something.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Does Craig Thomson not have a twin brother?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Agree. Thompson did cheat that day and his decisions against us over the years have been ridiculous but he is not the reason we lost that final. I don't think the scoreline would have been quite so flattering for hearts in that final if it wasn't for his wee helping hands but they most certainly would have still won. They had a team well beyond what they could afford and they were playing one of the absolute worst hibs team in living memory.
    I don't buy into that argument. We were 2-1 down at half time. A year later we'd find ourselves 3-0 down at the same venue at half time to Falkirk after a shambolic first half. We won that game.

Thomson gives a ludicrous penalty and sends of our left back, and we're 3-1 down with ten men. There was no coming back from that.

It is impossible to say with any degree of certainty that we'd definitely have lost the final regardless of his intervention.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net