hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't buy into that argument. We were 2-1 down at half time. A year later we'd find ourselves 3-0 down at the same venue at half time to Falkirk after a shambolic first half. We won that game.

Thomson gives a ludicrous penalty and sends of our left back, and we're 3-1 down with ten men. There was no coming back from that.

It is impossible to say with any degree of certainty that we'd definitely have lost the final regardless of his intervention.
    Absolutely. We hadn't been in the match but were only 2-1 down. Anyone that knows anything about football knows you get a good 10 minutes, we never got the chance cos he gave a penalty as soon as they got near our penalty box.

Cheat who was on the Ukio Bankas payroll that day. It'll all come out in his book in a few years.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I don't buy into that argument. We were 2-1 down at half time. A year later we'd find ourselves 3-0 down at the same venue at half time to Falkirk after a shambolic first half. We won that game.

Thomson gives a ludicrous penalty and sends of our left back, and we're 3-1 down with ten men. There was no coming back from that.

It is impossible to say with any degree of certainty that we'd definitely have lost the final regardless of his intervention.
    we will never know how it would have panned out if it had been a fair contest.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Poor Hearts. The cheat actually tainted their 'win' forever. Their 5-1 gestures don't bother me one bit. The result is invalid because it was attained by fraud and everybody knows it - even them.
    Btw, we won 0-7 with no help from the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Haven't seen Thomson and wouldn't know what to do with myself if I did.

I did however do one of my coaching badges and John Rowbotham (sp) the old baldy headed ref same along and spoke at it.

He was a really decent guy who iirc didn't care for our pink neighbours much.
    John rowbotham... Hun!

I'd probably thank him for his significant contribution to the disappointments, injustices, kicks in the stones, dodgy decisions, smug-pussed photo posing and general cheating hearts fudishness that made the 21st May so special.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Absolutely. We hadn't been in the match but were only 2-1 down. Anyone that knows anything about football knows you get a good 10 minutes, we never got the chance cos he gave a penalty as soon as they got near our penalty box.

Cheat who was on the Ukio Bankas payroll that day. It'll all come out in his book in a few years.
    C'mon man, we would have been beat no matter who was the referee that day. We had a team of charlatans (I'd have rather had Tim Burgess than Kujabi) who couldn't even motivate themselves for a final, never mind a final against your city rivals.

Of course their cup win was tainted, but talking solely about the 90 minutes there was no set of circumstances that squad of wasters were ever going to win that game. Any other team and being 2-1 down despite taking a beating and you never know. However not with that squad.

Craig Thomson is not the reason we got beat, although he is the reason the scoreline got to what it did.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    C'mon man, we would have been beat no matter who was the referee that day. We had a team of charlatans (I'd have rather had Tim Burgess than Kujabi) who couldn't even motivate themselves for a final, never mind a final against your city rivals.

Of course their cup win was tainted, but talking solely about the 90 minutes there was no set of circumstances that squad of wasters were ever going to win that game. Any other team and being 2-1 down despite taking a beating and you never know. However not with that squad.

Craig Thomson is not the reason we got beat, although he is the reason the scoreline got to what it did.
    In retrospect, it's galling to think that Doherty would now be regarded as a Legend had we won that day.
    It was well worth the wait for the REAL legends.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    We had a team of charlatans ...
    Lot of rewriting history going on on this thread. Did we get a bye straight into the final that year or something? Plenty of people thought we could win that game. The acute embarrassment of the scoreline (rather than the defeat) has led to far too much criticism of the players imo. Doherty would have been regarded as a perfectly adequate right back if Thomson hadn't caused us to lose by 5-1. And Doherty wouldn't have been asked in the aftermath "Just how embarrassing is it to lose a final 5-1 to your local rivals?", or somesuch, which gave rise to his infamous comments and subsequent vilification by fans. So basically everything was Thomson's fault.

Understand he got " The most disappointed Man of the Match" award on Sunday
    Poor all round display and couldn't sort things for Srvco ""

I wasn't optimistic heading into that game, but if the cheat had followed the rules then ...

1 - Black would have been red carded for the forearm smash on Griffiths and we'd have faced ten men for most of the game.
    2 - Kujabi would still have received a second yellow but there would have been no penalty to take the game out of our reach.

... and our disinterested money seekers would have had a fair chance against their overpaid players.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    2 - Kujabi would still have received a second yellow but there would have been no penalty to take the game out of our reach.
    Would he have been given the first? Ludicrous decision as the Hearts players feet were just as high.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Would he have been given the first? Ludicrous decision as the Hearts players feet were just as high.
    I thought the first wasn't yellow only because of what Thomson was letting them get away with prior to that. Any other time and I'd have accepted it.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I thought the first wasn't yellow only because of what Thomson was letting them get away with prior to that. Any other time and I'd have accepted it.
    Then both players should have been given a yellow in that incident.

This stuff actively gets on my tits. All this conspiracy nonsense used to be the preserve of Celtc and Hawrts fans (and management). And, indeed it still is. Coupled with the barely disguised cheerleading for Celtc on Sunday during the Bigot Derby, I sometimes have to check to see I haven't blundered on to Kerrydale Street by mistake. Embarrassing and classless stuff.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khib70 View Post
    the barely disguised cheerleading for Celtc on Sunday during the Bigot Derby, I sometimes have to check to see I haven't blundered on to Kerrydale Street by mistake. Embarrassing and classless stuff.
    A wee bit of exaggeration there khib. People were glad to see the huns beaten just like many of the same posters laughed when barca pumped celtc.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Poor Hearts. The cheat actually tainted their 'win' forever. Their 5-1 gestures don't bother me one bit. The result is invalid because it was attained by fraud and everybody knows it - even them.
    Btw, we won 0-7 with no help from the ref.
    7-0 was also obtained with our own money - something 'Charity Thieves FC' didn't manage for 30+ years.

@hibs.net private member

Maybe although we'll never know. If only we had got in first with the bribe things could've been very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I've never met CT but I did used to work beside Bill Crombie, another Hearts bassa
    Old next door neighbour. Total fud. Reffed down the pitz for a few weeks and took a huff like the erse that he is.

Incidentally I was thinking you meant Craig Thomson the convicted sex offender that the yams kept on their books which made the nature of your story even more distressing!

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    Old next door neighbour. Total fud. Reffed down the pitz for a few weeks and took a huff like the erse that he is.
    Doesn't surprise me one little bit. Crombie was an arrogant tosspot
    This is how it feels