hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As it's a Xmas present from me, to me (well - will let the wife say it's from her to me!), does anyone know if you pre-ordered the DVD - you are sure to get one?
    Or is there a chance they have not enough stock to fulfill all the pre-orders?

I'm kind of expecting to be disappointed, but really would love this prior to Xmas.
    You've got to think you'll get it before christmas, but apparently someone was speaking to the shop manager last week who said they are unlikely to get all the dvd's out in time to land with people for friday due to the high volumes of pre orders and not enough time for the staff to package and send.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    The full versions are longer, should be about 90 seconds long
    Cheers - I'll have a look on my PC. Hibs TVs a bit temperamental on my phone.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    You've got to think you'll get it before christmas, but apparently someone was speaking to the shop manager last week who said they are unlikely to get all the dvd's out in time to land with people for friday due to the high volumes of pre orders and not enough time for the staff to package and send.
    Amateurs.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Amateurs.
    I'll reserve judgment but I feared of a repeat of the tshirts. I received my preordered shirt 2 weeks after and folks that walked into the shop could have got them. Very poor. Hopefully lessons learned.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Surely a more savvy bit of forward planning is all that was needed here? They must have known orders would be very high in terms of numbers. Could they not just have given themselves a week more to sort it out or something? Another week wouldn't have made any difference. Hope it all works out for all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    The match one is around 2mins 30 seconds.
    Yeah if you're able to login each clip is between 2 to 3 minutes long.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Looks superb. McGinn's face after he drinks what's presumably whisky out of the quaich! 😂😂😂
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Surely a more savvy bit of forward planning is all that was needed here? They must have known orders would be very high in terms of numbers. Could they not just have given themselves a week more to sort it out or something? Another week wouldn't have made any difference. Hope it all works out for all concerned.
    You're right TGG. As I said in the OP we've waited 5 months, so another few days wait to have pre-orders sent to arrive on the release date wouldn't have mattered that much.

I'll be well pi$$ed off if I don't get mine on Friday and find I would have been just as well going into the Hibs shop on Friday or after the game on Saturday to pick up my copy. Appreciate that might not be an option for yourself going by your profile location but I'm sure there will be others closer to home in same boat as me and equally as pee'd off if delivery is late.

@hibs.net private member
    Forward planning?

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    You're right TGG. As I said in the OP we've waited 5 months, so another few days wait to have pre-orders sent to arrive on the release date wouldn't have mattered that much.

I'll be well pi$$ed off if I don't get mine on Friday and find I would have been just as well going into the Hibs shop on Friday or after the game on Saturday to pick up my copy. Appreciate that might not be an option for yourself going by your profile location but I'm sure there will be others closer to home in same boat as me and equally as pee'd off if delivery is late.
    It just so happens that I'll be over from Thu - Sun this week. I'm going to try for a copy in the club shop on Friday. Looking forward to the game on Saturday too. Hope your DVD arrives on Friday.

Forward planning?
    Is that a wee joke at my expense or theirs?

@hibs.net private member
    Is that a wee joke at my expense or theirs?
    Not yours. I just found the club shop and forward thinking in the same sentence funny mate.

Not yours. I just found the club shop and forward thinking in the same sentence funny mate.
    Thought it was that, but just checking. Cheers.

For a second, I looked at the phrase "forward planning" and realised it was a bit dumb. I mean, what other kind of planning could there be, except for the future?? You had me doubting myself for a moment.