hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Coaching Staff Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    30,221

    Don't comment, Gary Lineker

    Why Gary Lineker, Lily Allen and you shouldn't comment


    Don't comment if you're poor or disadvantaged, because you're a scrubber and a scrounger and basically a waste of space.

    Don't comment if you've got any affiliation with a political party or social movement, or have previous for mouthing off about issues that matter to you, because you clearly have an agenda.

    Don't comment if you've not commented about this before, because you're out of your depth and need to stick to what you know and what about all the other things in the world you're not commenting upon?

    Don't comment if you've got 12 followers on Twitter because no one cares what you think, you unimportant loser. Don't comment if you've got 1.2 million followers because who do you think you are, you jumped up egotist?

    Don't comment if you're brown or black or Muslim or Jewish or gay or trans or bi, because you just need to get over yourself and stop playing the victim all the bloody time.

    Don't comment if you're none of the above because you're just a bleeding heart liberal leftard, who jumps onto bandwagons that have nothing to do with you. Wind your ****ing neck in.

    Don't comment if you're a woman because you're getting ideas above your station and you're too pretty to be worrying about that, or maybe you're just one of them feminazis and probably a lesbian.

    Don't comment if you're rich or famous because you're a luvvie and you don't live in the real world, and why don't you open your own ****ing home to them? Just like we take in orphans when we donate to Children In Need.

    Don't comment if you haven't got the full facts because you're ill-informed and wrong. Don't comment if you're an expert in the field because we don't trust so-called experts and educated elites.

    Don't care. Don't worry. Don't have compassion. Don't comment on anything or anyone that's not us. Don't question what 'us' is. Don't be offended. Don't feel guilty. Don't get angry. And don't ****ing cry.

    Don't comment. But yeah, free speech.

    This article originally appeared on JOE.co.uk.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member RagingReality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Falkirk
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,558
    You often find that the people who constantly crow about "freedom of speech" would be the first to take it away from anyone who disagreed with them if they had any sort of power.


    1-1, 1-1, 2-0, 2-2, 1-0, 0-0, 3-1

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,578
    Well what can you say to that...

  5. #4
    Testimonial Due Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,880
    I was going to post something on here about the Lineker "story", but I refuse to read The Sun or click their links, so I was not fully informed.

    Fair play to him for his comments. The fact that they have caused any sort of controversy reflects very badly on certain members of our society.

  6. #5
    What did he say?

  7. #6
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    7,167
    Quote Originally Posted by MB Crunch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did he say?
    He basically doesn't have a problem with us allowing some child immigrants into the country.

    The sun are trying to get him sacked for this because he's a "lefty luvvie"

    Don't understand it personally. Calling for someone to be sacked for showing compassion isn't something I understand.

  8. #7
    Coaching Staff snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    8,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He basically doesn't have a problem with us allowing some child immigrants into the country.

    The sun are trying to get him sacked for this because he's a "lefty luvvie"

    Don't understand it personally. Calling for someone to be sacked for showing compassion isn't something I understand.
    "The Sun has got it's tw@t on"

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    49
    Posts
    15,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was going to post something on here about the Lineker "story", but I refuse to read The Sun or click their links, so I was not fully informed.

    Fair play to him for his comments. The fact that they have caused any sort of controversy reflects very badly on certain members of our society.
    Unfortunately it reflects on UK society in general and not just certain members. The fact that one of the country's most popular tabloids can now get away with these sort of headlines is worrying. 10 times worse than "gotcha" IMO.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately it reflects on UK society in general and not just certain members. The fact that one of the country's most popular tabloids can now get away with these sort of headlines is worrying. 10 times worse than "gotcha" IMO.
    The Sun is playing to it's audience. Sadly circulation figures show both it and The Daily Mail are the countries 2 highest selling newspapers.

    A lot of people are ignorant of the causes of the refugee (not migrant) situation and have little to no idea about the role Britain played in creating the situation either historically or in more recent times.

    I've become increasingly uncomfortable at the views I hear people express both in concersation and on social media, when challenged most either don't realise or don't care that they are total bigots.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You often find that the people who constantly crow about "freedom of speech" would be the first to take it away from anyone who disagreed with them if they had any sort of power.
    Everyone then?

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He basically doesn't have a problem with us allowing some child immigrants into the country.

    The sun are trying to get him sacked for this because he's a "lefty luvvie"

    Don't understand it personally. Calling for someone to be sacked for showing compassion isn't something I understand.
    Being trolled by the Sun is something to behold though. The Sun FFS.

    My favourite tweet in all of that furore was when some roaster tweeted to him "Why don't you f..k off" to which he responded "You follow me not the other way round. Perhaps it's you who should f..'k off. Well played GL.

  13. #12
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    8,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why Gary Lineker, Lily Allen and you shouldn't comment


    Don't comment if you're poor or disadvantaged, because you're a scrubber and a scrounger and basically a waste of space.

    Don't comment if you've got any affiliation with a political party or social movement, or have previous for mouthing off about issues that matter to you, because you clearly have an agenda.

    Don't comment if you've not commented about this before, because you're out of your depth and need to stick to what you know and what about all the other things in the world you're not commenting upon?

    Don't comment if you've got 12 followers on Twitter because no one cares what you think, you unimportant loser. Don't comment if you've got 1.2 million followers because who do you think you are, you jumped up egotist?

    Don't comment if you're brown or black or Muslim or Jewish or gay or trans or bi, because you just need to get over yourself and stop playing the victim all the bloody time.

    Don't comment if you're none of the above because you're just a bleeding heart liberal leftard, who jumps onto bandwagons that have nothing to do with you. Wind your ****ing neck in.

    Don't comment if you're a woman because you're getting ideas above your station and you're too pretty to be worrying about that, or maybe you're just one of them feminazis and probably a lesbian.

    Don't comment if you're rich or famous because you're a luvvie and you don't live in the real world, and why don't you open your own ****ing home to them? Just like we take in orphans when we donate to Children In Need.

    Don't comment if you haven't got the full facts because you're ill-informed and wrong. Don't comment if you're an expert in the field because we don't trust so-called experts and educated elites.

    Don't care. Don't worry. Don't have compassion. Don't comment on anything or anyone that's not us. Don't question what 'us' is. Don't be offended. Don't feel guilty. Don't get angry. And don't ****ing cry.

    Don't comment. But yeah, free speech.

    This article originally appeared on JOE.co.uk.
    Brilliant summing up of attitudes ..... but who the hell does this person think they are to be summing up attitudes

  14. #13
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    8,493
    Lineker should be standing for Parliament.

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Sun is playing to it's audience. Sadly circulation figures show both it and The Daily Mail are the countries 2 highest selling newspapers.

    A lot of people are ignorant of the causes of the refugee (not migrant) situation and have little to no idea about the role Britain played in creating the situation either historically or in more recent times.

    I've become increasingly uncomfortable at the views I hear people express both in concersation and on social media, when challenged most either don't realise or don't care that they are total bigots.

    I know I don't feel comfortable about being apportioned part of the blame for the situation because of the simple fact I am British. There are lots of people who have views which others find extremely distasteful but what can be done. I don't think the term 'total bigots' to describe people is helpful. I'd someone feels strongly about something for reasons they see as justified why is that bigotry just because it's not the popular or fashionable view.

    Lets say you are living in overcrowded rubbish housing stock, can't find a job and have low self esteem as a result, is it not reasonable for them to be a bit angry that provision is not being made to meet their needs as the pot is empty, but then housing can be found for people coming to this country? I know I would feel aggrieved. Fortunately I'm not in that position. But I know people who are and they ain't very happy with the thought of thousands and thousands of folk getting houses etc while they are told sorry you have to make do. That said they can see the difference between refugee and migrant which is the real issue for them. How do we really know? How can we really prove anything?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved