hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calm yourself.

Next you will be screaming "we r da peeepol" at everyone and telling people its a conspiracy against us, everyone hates us and a statement needs put out for everything.

The referees are just piss poor.
    I'm not reading about them being " piss poor " on a regular basis with other teams in our league! The refereeing has cost us 6 or 7 points to date. If the "piss poor " refereeing continues it will make the job of getting out of this league extremely difficult. You obviously believe that we should just accept this **** and hope that at sometime in the future we will get a fair crack!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I'm not reading about them being " piss poor " on a regular basis with other teams in our league! The refereeing has cost us 6 or 7 points to date. If the "piss poor " refereeing continues it will make the job of getting out of this league extremely difficult. You obviously believe that we should just accept this **** and hope that at sometime in the future we will get a fair crack!
    I guarantee fans of other clubs think the refs are piss poor for their teams as well.

It's the nature of the beast

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I guarantee fans of other clubs think the refs are piss poor for their teams as well.

It would be nice to have a few games where the opposition against us would have very soft sending offs or fortuitous penalties given against them.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

I bet they do but could they list as many horrendously incorrect decisions as we can?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    If only 90% of errors are down to incompetence, that leaves another 10% down to what?

I don't think there's any question whatsoever that the whole game in Scotland is twisted to suit The Thes and Celtc, and further that Jack Regan was probably right when he used to argue at length on this board that between The Thes and Celtc, The Thes get a helping hand. Whether that's down to The Thes being the traditionally proddy club or being the traditionally establishment club I dunno.
    I probably agree that if we analyse refereeing decisions between the uglies then the blue uglies probably benefit. However if you analyse decisions in favour of the green uglies vs the rest of the league then im 100% certain Celtc will benefit. There's a lot of unconscious bias, as other posters have said by players being in your face all the time & 50,000 people baying for a penalty. Refs also know they won't face scrutiny by denying major decisions to any team playing the OF
    It's unthinkable that Pars pen on Saturday would have been awarded against either of the OF. That IMO however just means refs are fallible, not corrupt.

So Craig Thomson isn't a bent git, he just makes mistakes every time he referees our games and all the crap refreeing decisions we've been subjected to this season are all just mistakes! I don't think so. Refs can make mistakes in every game they take part in, and we can all argue whether it was a foul or not, thats acceptable. The wrong decisions we are on the end off are game changers, and they are not acceptable!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    There's a lot of unconscious bias, as other posters have said by players being in your face all the time & 50,000 people baying for a penalty. Refs also know they won't face scrutiny by denying major decisions to any team playing the OF
    It's unthinkable that Pars pen on Saturday would have been awarded against either of the OF. That IMO however just means refs are fallible, not corrupt.
    I get that 50,000 people baying for a penalty would sway an incompetent to award a penalty.

But there were never 50,000 people baying for Scott Brown to get spoken to rather than booked.

There wouldn't be 50,000 people baying for Alan Muir not to give a penalty such as the Pars got on Sat. If it's one law for the uglies and a different law for everyone else, that IMO is bent. If a ref makes a decision based on whether or not he wants his windows tanned for it, that's understandable as a human but it's also bent.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    I get that 50,000 people baying for a penalty would sway an incompetent to award a penalty.

But there were never 50,000 people baying for Scott Brown to get spoken to rather than booked.

There wouldn't be 50,000 people baying for Alan Muir not to give a penalty such as the Pars got on Sat. If it's one law for the uglies and a different law for everyone else, that IMO is bent. If a ref makes a decision based on whether or not he wants his windows tanned for it, that's understandable as a human but it's also bent.
    His decision not to send Craig Gordon off at Dingwall this evening is leaving him looking fallible. And bent.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    His decision not to send Craig Gordon off at Dingwall this evening is leaving him looking fallible. And bent.
    Disagree. Yellow was spot on. Outside the box and clumsy with the boy going away from goal. It wasn't dangerous nor malicious.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Disagree. Yellow was spot on. Outside the box and clumsy with the boy going away from goal. It wasn't dangerous nor malicious.
    Sorry I thought it was football not kick boxing. If a defender jumped at an opponent like that it would've been a red.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Its not the first time Gordon has got away with it

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Eh? No attempt to play the ball, not looking at the ball and leaping at the opponent isn't dangerous? How about reckless then?

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Eh? No attempt to play the ball, not looking at the ball and leaping at the opponent isn't dangerous? How about reckless then?
    Aye possibly but yellow is correct. Fairly sure he started out to play the ball but was hopelessly clumsy and late. Barely made contact with the boy to be honest. He almost missed him.

The Ross County boss was left smarting at the failure of ref Alan Muir to dismiss Craig Gordon and Leigh Griffiths as his side went down 4-0 in Dingwall.

McIntyre reckoned Griffiths should have been given a second yellow after a second half skirmish with Andrew Davies, before Gordon was booked for charging out his box and clattering Liam Boyce.

It's not just us then.

Your as embarrassing as ref muir with this statement....

Aye possibly but yellow is correct. Fairly sure he started out to play the ball but was hopelessly clumsy and late. Barely made contact with the boy to be honest. He almost missed him.
    Unlike a few weeks ago when he hit the cf at head height and flattened him. Got a yellow for that as well!

Just watched the incident - I think it's a red card.

Just what was he doing ? Clumbsy or not - surely it's serious foul play?

Can someone post a video of it on here please.

It was an assault.He didn't have to touch him.

Hmmmmm. Just seen Mike Dean dish out a Yellow for a high boot that (almost) caught a player in the face. Outfield player too. There was contact. Dangerous? Possibly. Clumsy? Yes. Malicious? No.
    It doesnt have to be a red.