hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough The Weeman's Mum's Avatar

Today's game against The Pars

My son is the Hibs mascot today. As it is the game is sponsored by Dunfermline's Disabled Fans Group, HDSA, (Hibs Fans Disabled Group), were asked if we would like to have a Hibee Disabled Fan lead the team out Some on here may know of Mathew, tiday is a huge moment for him as he was critically ill last year after having another surgery,(he was born with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus) It has had a huge impact on him of which he is slowly getting back his confidence and health. Can I ask if fellow Hibs Net members give him a huge cheer? It would mean a lot to him and his Dad and I. Thank you GGTTH
    Last edited by The Weeman's Mum; 22-10-2016 at 10:52 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Will do, hope he has a great day

Quote Originally Posted by THEWEEMAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My son is the Hibs mascot today. As it is the game is sponsored by Dunfermline's Disabled Fans Group, HDSA, (Hibs Fans Disabled Group), were asked if we would like to have a Hibee Disabled Fan lead the team out Some on here may know of Mathew, tiday is a huge moment for him as he was critically ill last year after having another surgery,(he was born with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus) It has had a huge impact on him of which he is slowly getting back his confidence and health. Can I ask if fellow Hibs Net members give him a huge cheer? It would mean a lot to him and his Dad and I. Thank you GGTTH

Will do
    GGTTH

Won't be there today but I've no doubt the fans will give him a wee song or a cheer and the players will be great with him.

Hope your lad has a fantastic day. All the best mate

Thanks all. One very proud Mom.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Certainly will and I hope Mathew has a fantastic day.

I'll be roaring him on.

Mascot's mission accomplished

Just a wee update, my son Mathew had a great day being the team's mascot. He is very grateful that Dunfermline's Disabled Fan Group and Hibs Disabled Fans Group, arranged his experience. Obviously, day topped off by the lads brining the three points back over the bridge.
    (Can't post photo to share, advice on how I do this please).

See avatar photo. Still having difficulties adding photo to attachments.
    Last edited by The Weeman's Mum; 24-10-2016 at 02:49 AM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Just a wee update, my son Mathew had a great day being the team's mascot. He is very grateful that Dunfermline's Disabled Fan Group and Hibs Disabled Fans Group, arranged his experience. Obviously, day topped off by the lads brining the three points back over the bridge.
    (Can't post photo to share, advice on how I Do this please)
    Click on attachments,then choose to upload from computer, or your phone

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Click on attachments,then choose to upload from computer, or your phone
    Thanks Billy Whizz. Can you guide me on where I find the attachment option and how I change my profile photo too?

Thanks Billy Whizz. Can you guide me on where I find the attachment option and how I change my profile photo too?
    It's the icon that's on the same row as the bold, italic etc and is two to the left of the speech bubble icon. If you hover over it, it will say "insert image".

Then you'll be able to select an image from your computer and take it from there.

(Can't post photo to share, advice on how I Do this please)

Delighted to hear Matthew had such a good time. He's obviously our lucky mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It's the icon that's on the same row as the bold, italic etc and is two to the left of the speech bubble icon. If you hover over it, it will say "insert image".

Then you'll be able to select an image from your computer and take it from there.
    Thanks for this help.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Delighted to hear Matthew had such a good time. He's obviously our lucky mascot

Thank you. He sure did, especially thanks to Dunfermline's Disabled Fans Group and our own HDSA.

Well Done Matthew, hope you had a great day pal!

GGTTH

A lovely and heart-warming story.
    Fair cheers one up on these cold and ever-shortening days.

Thank you. He sure did, especially thanks to Dunfermline's Disabled Fans Group and our own HDSA.
    I was actually sitting just along from your son on Saturday, didn't realise it at the time!

I would just like to commend Dunfermline for the way in which they treat disabled supporters. Most clubs in Scotland could learn some very valuable lessons from the way they do things at East End Park. The facilities are top notch for fans in wheelchairs, the viewing area is brilliant and I was very impressed by the "buddy" system they had in place on Saturday, which has apparently been in place for around the past year. There was a lady who came up to us in the first half and introduced herself and if we needed any assistance at all, we were asked to contact her and she would help in any way that she could.

An all round first class experience - well done DAFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I was actually sitting just along from your son on Saturday, didn't realise it at the time!

I would just like to commend Dunfermline for the way in which they treat disabled supporters. Most clubs in Scotland could learn some very valuable lessons from the way they do things at East End Park. The facilities are top notch for fans in wheelchairs, the viewing area is brilliant and I was very impressed by the "buddy" system they had in place on Saturday, which has apparently been in place for around the past year. There was a lady who came up to us in the first half and introduced herself and if we needed any assistance at all, we were asked to contact her and she would help in any way that she could.

An all round first class experience - well done DAFC.

Please say hi to him if you see him at a game. It fair cheers him up when others make time for him. He has spent a lot of time with little contact from others, bar when he gets to games. His health restricts him from going to a lot of away games, especially when weather is bad. Come the winter, home games may be missed too. Yes, totally agree re Dunfermline's brilliant treatment of Disabled Fans. They were the first club in Scotland to form a Disabled Fans Group and do a lot in the community too. The aim for me is to try and get more productive plans in place at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    A lovely and heart-warming story.
    Fair cheers one up on these cold and ever-shortening days.
    Thank you for the support. My son is a fighter, especially when he was a target of bullies in school. I am hoping to help get HDSA more in the spotlight and make a difference.