hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Lost luggage

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Lost luggage

Currently in Gibraltar for a job and a meeting and the bloody airlIne has lost my luggage :-(
    I didn't even know what hotel I was in as my paperwork is all in my suitcase.
    I shall be turning up for a meeting first thing in the morning in yellow trainers and a green polo :-)

Nightmare

I have nothing , no chargers , no laptop and no clothes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Which airline?

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which airline?
    Monarch.
    I actually think someone has taken it by mistake.
    Stupid asshole that they are.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

I wish I wasn't so well qualified to comment!

Only this summer I was reminded to split charger stuff, pills, phones and tablets, my pants her knickers, not to just have washing in the hand luggage (no idea why we did that anyway, how complacent can you get ;-). Madrid and Barcelona aren't that far apart. My clean clothes made it home 3 days after we did.

A few years ago on a transfer, where I could stay on the plane,I looked out and saw my luggage going on it's own holiday - this was in Beruit! No shortage of advising the flipping cabin crew in a rather agitated manner was going to lead to a quick reunion. Turned up at my house 3 or 4 weeks later, missing a few items such as my wife of the times gift. Nah, she didn't believe me either!

I suppose it's expected every few years.
    Space to let

Vueling
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Vueling
    Be very grateful you ever got it back. Working n the industry, the rank incompetence of their customer service and the systems behind it are a wonder to behold.

Always, always take key documents, chargers and change of clothes in carry on. Should be a practical legal requirement.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Buy yourself some new togs and bill the airline. Best do it fast though because if the rumours I'm hearing are correct then it won't be long until Monarch go down the tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Buy yourself some new togs and bill the airline. Best do it fast though because if the rumours I'm hearing are correct then it won't be long until Monarch go down the tubes.
    To be fair , they did offer this but it was then confirmed that some gadgy had taken it by mistake.
    I have been reunited with it now.

I shall be splitting the packing next time.

I felt lost

I would have assumed it was common sense to take anything you need 100% in your hand luggage?

Three pairs of underwear (1 on, 1 drying, one ready) same for socks. Travel in jeans cos you can wear them for a week if need be. A spare shirt and tshirt.

Then all your valuables and paperwork. I despise the concept of the hold. I hate having my stuff away from me. I spend the whole of my flight worrying i won't see it again and only relax when i have it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    I would have assumed it was common sense to take anything you need 100% in your hand luggage?

Three pairs of underwear (1 on, 1 drying, one ready) same for socks. Travel in jeans cos you can wear them for a week if need be. A spare shirt and tshirt.

Then all your valuables and paperwork. I despise the concept of the hold. I hate having my stuff away from me. I spend the whole of my flight worrying i won't see it again and only relax when i have it.

It would make sense and I probably will in future.
    I just like dumping my stuff at check in and being free in the airport.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post

The annoying thing these days is when you fly with Ryanair etc. and they take your bag into the hold at the game.

All the worst bits about a hold bag and none of the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by MB Crunch View Post
    The annoying thing these days is when you fly with Ryanair etc. and they take your bag into the hold at the game.

All the worst bits about a hold bag and none of the benefits.
    I especially like when Easyjet identify your hold bag as being prime for the hold at the desk and then give you a wee flimsy tag to identify your bag to the gadgies on the tarmac.

Without fail that tag gets surreptitiously removed as soon as I'm out of sight of the check-in desk.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I especially like when Easyjet identify your hold bag as being prime for the hold at the desk and then give you a wee flimsy tag to identify your bag to the gadgies on the tarmac.

Without fail that tag gets surreptitiously removed as soon as I'm out of sight of the check-in desk.
    Why do you smuggle you're hold bag on the plane?

Blog Entries
    On the evening of the Glasgow Airport terrorist attack in 2006, we were due to fly out of Edinburgh on a trip to Bangkok, Australia and New Zealand. A lot of flights had been redirected to Edinburgh and the place was in chaos. Our flight to London for a transfer to Bangkok, was delayed by a couple of hours, and we made it with minutes to spare. I joked to my wife that we would get there but wasn't confident about our luggage. Many a true word said in jest .............. no sign of luggage in Bangkok airport.
    We had three night there, and shopping for toiletries, underwear, socks etc. wasn't the dream holiday we expected.
    We were assured that our luggage would be waiting for us when we arrived in Sydney. Cut a long story short, we got a couple of hundred quid from Quantas to buy some essentials and we spent two weeks in Sydney, Cairns and Brisbane with the continuing promise that our luggage would catch us up and be at our next destination. We had given up hope of getting our cases back in time for our flight to Auckland and were delighted to finally get them back a few hours before our departure.
    Of course we had a hassle at Brisbane airport because we were now over baggaged,
    well over our weight allowances and receiving little sympathy from the staff there. Anyway, the situation was eventually resolved in our favour and the remainder of our holiday and return to the UK went smoothly.
    Pleased to say that the insurance company was first rate in compensating us for every penny of our enforced financial outlay and d'you know what? ................ it was a great holiday.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    On the evening of the Glasgow Airport terrorist attack in 2006, we were due to fly out of Edinburgh on a trip to Bangkok, Australia and New Zealand. A lot of flights had been redirected to Edinburgh and the place was in chaos. Our flight to London for a transfer to Bangkok, was delayed by a couple of hours, and we made it with minutes to spare. I joked to my wife that we would get there but wasn't confident about our luggage. Many a true word said in jest .............. no sign of luggage in Bangkok airport.
    We had three night there, and shopping for toiletries, underwear, socks etc. wasn't the dream holiday we expected.
    We were assured that our luggage would be waiting for us when we arrived in Sydney. Cut a long story short, we got a couple of hundred quid from Quantas to buy some essentials and we spent two weeks in Sydney, Cairns and Brisbane with the continuing promise that our luggage would catch us up and be at our next destination. We had given up hope of getting our cases back in time for our flight to Auckland and were delighted to finally get them back a few hours before our departure.
    Of course we had a hassle at Brisbane airport because we were now over baggaged,
    well over our weight allowances and receiving little sympathy from the staff there. Anyway, the situation was eventually resolved in our favour and the remainder of our holiday and return to the UK went smoothly.
    Pleased to say that the insurance company was first rate in compensating us for every penny of our enforced financial outlay and d'you know what? ................ it was a great holiday.

2007!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    2007!!
    I thought we were a bit early arriving at the airport.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    My old man had an interview over in Brisbane. He popped over for the weekend (as you do on a 36 hour round trip) and his bag somehow ended up missing. BA were billed for some new toggs and a fairly generous compensation claim. 2 months later there's a knock at the door and there's the bag, weary and battered but totally in tact.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Currently in Gibraltar for a job and a meeting and the bloody airlIne has lost my luggage :-(
    I didn't even know what hotel I was in as my paperwork is all in my suitcase.
    I shall be turning up for a meeting first thing in the morning in yellow trainers and a green polo :-)

Nightmare

I have nothing , no chargers , no laptop and no clothes.
    Should of given me a shout 👍🏻

Plenty hibs tops for you to change into as well 😂