hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    So With Postage - it`s £30 Quid for a Double Disc Standard quality D.V.D with U.K. postage.... Bit Pricey.. naw ??

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So With Postage - it`s £30 Quid for a Double Disc Standard quality D.V.D with U.K. postage.... Bit Pricey.. naw ??
    Naw

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    What next? Folk moaning that's it's no on Blu Ray, others moaning that's it's too dear. Anything else to moan about?
    I've heard some don't like the twist at the end. Too far fetched.

Left by mutual consent!
    Worth every penny.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I've heard some don't like the twist at the end. Too far fetched.
    Does everyone's have the same ending?? Waste of money

@hibs.net private member
    Does everyone's have the same ending?? Waste of money
    I've heard there's an alternative ending as an extra.

Quote Originally Posted by KiddA View Post
    Is the dvd all regions? will it play in the usa? just have to double check before I order

Thanks in advance
    I ordered from NZ. My understanding is that region blocking is usually about global rights issues etc - i.e. Film studio requirements. There should be no region blocking on this.

Pre ordered dvd but only had a delivery option of royal mail signed for £5.00?? Only wanted standard delivery. Have emailed them to see if I can change delivery type.

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Always surprised that hibs don't have a collect from store option.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    Always surprised that hibs don't have a collect from store option.
    You could just turn up at the store and buy it

£37 total to NZ! Most expensive DVD I've ever bought! Better be good! No spoilers please

That's what I'm intending on doing and picking up a few other items when I'm in there.

Surely every fan who can afford one will want one despite the price.

A huge seller I'm sure of it which is great for the club.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    £37 total to NZ! Most expensive DVD I've ever bought! Better be good! No spoilers please
    Well ok....

But here's a tip, keep watching after Andy Halliday scores.....

35 quid to Prague, so 37 to NZ doesn't seem too bad,

but this DVD really is a must have, so the price was never going to be a big deal - just hope they have enough supply!

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Of course but it would be nice to guarantee getting something without worrying if they will have any stock left by the time you can get to the shop.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    37 quid to California! $45 flew out the bank account this morning. Expensive but worth every penny. A must have!!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Well ok....

But here's a tip, keep watching after Andy Halliday scores.....
    And don't turn off after we inevitably go 2 down at Swynecastle as we normally do.

Are you forgetting that its a fitba club selling this ...... this is the place where every year folk spend £45 on what is in effect a T Shirt that would sell for about £10 in Matalan, you know you are being ripped off, they know you are being ripped off. This is what makes fitba clubs unique in the retail industry .... when I buy something at TESCO I want it to be a fair price because I couldn't give a rats ass if their shareholders make money or not.
    When I buy something from Hibs I'm happy to accept being overcharged because I know that that extra money is going to help the club I love survive and hopefully thrive. Like fans of every club like Hibs this arrangement is acceptable only for so long as the club doesn't ever make the mistake of thinking for even a second that the fans don't know their loyalty is being tapped into in this way.

What other business would get away with successfully selling shares worth 2p each for 4p after actually advertising the fact that the shares are only worth 2p and are extremely unlikely to ever be worth more than 2p .................... only a football club could get away with that.

£25 for a momento of the greatest day in the history of the club anybody under the age of about 70 can remember is a small price to pay if you ask me, I couldn't care less if it was in black & white and on Betamax

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Are you forgetting that its a fitba club selling this ...... this is the place where every year folk spend £45 on what is in effect a T Shirt that would sell for about £10 in Matalan, you know you are being ripped off, they know you are being ripped off. This is what makes fitba clubs unique in the retail industry .... when I buy something at TESCO I want it to be a fair price because I couldn't give a rats ass if their shareholders make money or not.
    When I buy something from Hibs I'm happy to accept being overcharged because I know that that extra money is going to help the club I love survive and hopefully thrive. Like fans of every club like Hibs this arrangement is acceptable only for so long as the club doesn't ever make the mistake of thinking for even a second that the fans don't know their loyalty is being tapped into in this way.

What other business would get away with successfully selling shares worth 2p each for 4p after actually advertising the fact that the shares are only worth 2p and are extremely unlikely to ever be worth more than 2p .................... only a football club could get away with that.

£25 for a momento of the greatest day in the history of the club anybody under the age of about 70 can remember is a small price to pay if you ask me, I couldn't care less if it was in black & white and on Betamax
    Or the hertz share issue where you pay your money and get sod-all. Meantime over at the dvd launch I don't think there is a bar. BYOB on champers may be allowed if not may have to be the xmas-coke.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Ordered it, of course, but £24.99 for a DVD is damned expensive. Would love to know the cost breakdown, fees to SFA, Sky etc and how much profit margin Hibs get.

Had a quick look at the Leicester City Prem DVD, which will likely sell in similar numbers, and it's £14.99, which is the price point I thought Hibs' would come in at.
    Hibs payout from the SPFL TV deal and other SPFL revenue is under £500,000 ... we probably made about £2,000,000 on the back of ST sales and the two cup finals....... Leicester City are expected to make up to £250,000,000 on the back of winning the EPL and qualifying for the Champions league ... see if you can spot the difference.

Hibs payout from the SPFL TV deal and other SPFL revenue is under £500,000 ... we probably made about £2,000,000 on the back of ST sales and the two cup finals....... Leicester City are expected to make up to £250,000,000 on the back of winning the EPL and qualifying for the Champions league ... see if you can spot the difference.
    I understand what you're getting at but in terms of the actual product, it should still be around the same price, no?

Would you accept if Hibs tops were double the price of EPL tops, or match tickets were 50% dearer for Hibs games than EPL games?

Invites out to the sponsors now for an event with the players on monday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Invites out to the sponsors now for an event with the players on monday.
    No players at the thing on Tuesday??? Argh.

I understand what you're getting at but in terms of the actual product, it should still be around the same price, no?

Would you accept if Hibs tops were double the price of EPL tops, or match tickets were 50% dearer for Hibs games than EPL games?
    I get what you are saying mate and its a fair point ...... though to be honest when you look at the insane money the EPL generates from TV and sponsorship deals tickets for EPL games 'should' be half the price of Hibs tickets. Clubs like Hibs charge the prices they do because they pretty well have to, clubs like Arsenal charge the prices they do because they can, now that is sinking the bucket to the bottom of the well if you ask me.

I would guess that stuff like Hibs tops are about the same price as most EPL clubs charge for theirs, in that regard we are probably no worse than most. But things like the cup final DVD are a real bonus for us and in that regard I don't mind Hibs going a wee bit OTT on the price, just so long as they don't make a habit of it. I was in both the Liverpool and Everton club shops in Liverpool town centre a few weeks ago and the price of stuff there was eye watering.

I get what you are saying mate and its a fair point ...... though to be honest when you look at the insane money the EPL generates from TV and sponsorship deals tickets for EPL games 'should' be half the price of Hibs tickets. Clubs like Hibs charge the prices they do because they pretty well have to, clubs like Arsenal charge the prices they do because they can, now that is sinking the bucket to the bottom of the well if you ask me.

I would guess that stuff like Hibs tops are about the same price as most EPL clubs charge for theirs, in that regard we are probably no worse than most. But things like the cup final DVD are a real bonus for us and in that regard I don't mind Hibs going a wee bit OTT on the price, just so long as they don't make a habit of it. I was in both the Liverpool and Everton club shops in Liverpool town centre a few weeks ago and the price of stuff there was eye watering.
    I'm with you on this, I don't mind Hibs making a bit extra money from the DVD. After all most of us will be able to afford it due to the 100's of pounds we've each saved due to having nae cup final gear to buy. Neither wonder they're belatedly trying to squeeze the most out of this. Pity they didn't get they're act together quicker though coz they've lost out on a small fortune.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by St David Gray View Post
    No players at the thing on Tuesday??? Argh.
    At £25 a pop there better be

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    The email I got today (for Monday night) said players, coaches and staff would be present, so unless they are splitting the playing squad over 2 evenings, I cant see them doing both nights.

[QUOTE=Billy Whizz;4840944]At £25 a pop there better be[/QUOTE

All these social events celebrating our Historic win are becoming a distraction so Lennon has put his foot down Enjoy the Popcorn Billy You get a free refill

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    St Johnstones DVD in 2014 was £15, just saying.

I'll still pay the £25 though

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I'll take a few pictures and leave them in your cinema seat Billy.