hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantasy NFL Commissioner Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Has anyone tried the Papa Johns at the bottom of Leith Walk?
    Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price. -Vince Lombardi

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know the name of the new pizza place on leith walk, its around pilrig IIRC.....ive drove past a few times and thought ill look it up, but for the life of me cant remember the name......im on my own tonight with the bairn so thought id try one.

As for main topic, I prefer chippy pizzas than chains i.e dominos and pizza hut. Giovannis at northfield being my favourite, chicken haggid and garlic butter. Superb.

Jolly is also very good as it la fav and vittorias
    The Real Pizza Factory. Not tried it yet though.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    The Real Pizza Factory. Not tried it yet though.
    Thats the fella Ill report tonight.

@hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Thats the fella Ill report tonight.
    Please do. I ****ing love pizza. As an aside, someone mentioned quattrozero earlier. Went for lunch earlier and had 2 courses for 6.95. Was really good, great value for money and great pizza. Slightly too much cheese to make it into my top 3 though!

Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I love pizza but only ever go with two or maybe three different toppings at most. Too much cheese and overloaded with toppings on a thin crispy pizza is a disaster as it becomes too wet and just flops as you pick it up. My long time favourite is a margarita with just red onion and nduja. I will at a push get added pancetta and tell them to do it crispy.

@hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I love pizza but only ever go with two or maybe three different toppings at most. Too much cheese and overloaded with toppings on a thin crispy pizza is a disaster as it becomes too wet and just flops as you pick it up. My long time favourite is a margarita with just red onion and nduja. I will at a push get added pancetta and tell them to do it crispy.
    I agree. I stick to a one meat, two at a push topping rule along with one or no veg. Pizza should be simple.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I agree. I stick to a one meat, two at a push topping rule along with one or no veg. Pizza should be simple.
    Yeah I agree but recently I had a spinach and Italian sausage and it was amazing I've never seen so much spinach it was stacked it was the most filing pizza ever couldn't manage it all which is a 1st for me

I'm in Stirling but if any of you's are ever in Stirling looking for pizza the brindisi in Stirling city centre and Bruno's in Bannockburn are the only to worth looking out

Slightly different styles but both excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Has anyone tried the Papa Johns at the bottom of Leith Walk?
    Papa Johns are the best of the big three Pizza Hut next dominos are crap.

Kebab express in gorgie is well worth a visit. Despite the close proximity to Strattys!

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Not 'the best' pizza in edinburgh but I do really like one from Pizza Connection in Colinton Village.

I posted earlier about the Jolly, elm row. I've just remembered the newspaper cuttings on the wall about a fire engine ( I think) crashing through the wall into the restaurant!! Anyone !?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jolly used to be good but it's gone downhill rapidly.

These days I'd struggle to see past La Favorita or Origano for a decent pizza in Edinburgh.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buktadays View Post
    I posted earlier about the Jolly, elm row. I've just remembered the newspaper cuttings on the wall about a fire engine ( I think) crashing through the wall into the restaurant!! Anyone !?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, happened years ago, right through the front window, their new window actually has a fire engine etched on it

Last time I was in there it was pretty shocking to be honest, much better Italians about

@hibs.net private member trev the hat's Avatar
    Caprice in Musselburgh & Vittorias on the bridge both excellent pizzas & frequently visited.