hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Small victories

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Small victories

Following on from the pet peeves thread, let's hear about the times when you get that feeling of getting one up on someone or something.

My other half constantly moans about not putting the toilet seat down, I went into the bathroom this morning and the seat was up. I took great pleasure in pointing this out to her.
    I tend to buy a fair bit of stuff from eBay or the pound shop, upon seeing the stuff I buy my partner always says 'you'll never use that'. When on the rare occasion I do have to use it, I always remind her of her previous derision

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I remember years ago in a baked tattie shop on Rose Street telling the lady serving that she'd given me the wrong change. She retorted with a mouthful of abuse. I said "That's okay, it's just that you've given me too much" I pocketed the extra cash and walked out leaving her speechless in the crowded shop.
    Don't just love those moments.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember years ago in a baked tattie shop on Rose Street telling the lady serving that she'd given me the wrong change. She retorted with a mouthful of abuse. I said "That's okay, it's just that you've given me too much" I pocketed the extra cash and walked out leaving her speechless in the crowded shop.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha ha brilliant.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    In my twenties I asked a girl to dance with me at a local club, she looked me up and down and said "no thanks I'm fussy who I dance with". I replied "well I'm not, that's why I asked you"