hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    118-110?

****ing scandalous.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

118-110 how did he get that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow - cards too generous to Burns IMHO.

@hibs.net private member
    Shocking judging 8 rounds 4 & 4

Testimonial Due
    Terrible scoring. Boxing is a joke sometimes, home fighter getting an unfair advantage again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    118-110?

****ing scandalous.
    Yup.. that is unbelievable.

I had Burns by 2 and that was being generous. I can just about accept the 2 given him it by 3 but 8 rounds? No chance.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Kelikh was a prat in his interview. Has to learn that boxing is not brawling

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Kelikh was a prat in his interview. Has to learn that boxing is not brawling
    It's immaturity, but part of the blame for that has to go to Hatton. Some of the advice he was giving him in the corner was utter rubbish. The lad had excellent amateur pedigree, so is clearly capable, I just think Hatton has tried to turn him into a heavy handed brawler. That will work against the no marks he has fought so far, but Burns is a world class boxer. Roll on Broner.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    It's immaturity, but part of the blame for that has to go to Hatton. Some of the advice he was giving him in the corner was utter rubbish. The lad had excellent amateur pedigree, so is clearly capable, I just think Hatton has tried to turn him into a heavy handed brawler. That will work against the no marks he has fought so far, but Burns is a world class boxer. Roll on Broner.
    Broner beats him with one hand tied behind his back imo. Ricky is likeable but he was lucky last night. Having watched it back, that was a clear knockdown in the final round as well.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Broner beats him with one hand tied behind his back imo. Ricky is likeable but he was lucky last night. Having watched it back, that was a clear knockdown in the final round as well.
    Broner, will PROBABLY beat him, but it depends what Broner turns up. Never a knockdown, he's got his arm around the back of Burns neck, but that is the subjective nature of boxing I suppose (who'd by a judge!!) I think it's harsh to say he was lucky, as I think he did enough to win the fight, although I do think the scores were VERY generous. If Hatton actually gave his fighter proper guidance, he would have beaten Burns, but to tell him to just keep throwing lots of punches when it wasn't working was just plain stupid.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    He wasnt lucky last night, he was the better fighter by at least 2 rounds and that was never a knockdown in a million years

Testimonial Due
    He was lucky, if that fight hadn't been in Glasgow then the judges may have scored differently. Relikh dominated the start and end of the fight. Just because he didn't dominate the middle rounds doesn't mean he lost all of them. And how was it never a knockdown in a million years? It certainly wasn't a slip, they were trading blows and he went down.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    He was lucky, if that fight hadn't been in Glasgow then the judges may have scored differently. Relikh dominated the start and end of the fight. Just because he didn't dominate the middle rounds doesn't mean he lost all of them. And how was it never a knockdown in a million years? It certainly wasn't a slip, they were trading blows and he went down.
    Aye ok

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Aye ok
    Does this mean I win the argument?