hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Friends who gush about their boyfriend/girlfriend and how wonderful their relationship is and how they can't believe it's been 6 months already and the best 6 months of their lives.

I'm sure they said the same thing about the last one, and the one before that and maybe a few others as well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    8) When someone you thought was decent likes or shares a "Britain First/similar racist *****" post or picture. It's a good way of filtering your friends list through I guess.
    I've got a guy like this who actually votes Labour. He just doesn't get it.

Testimonial Due
    I deleted Facebook about 5 years ago and haven't looked back. I geneuinely couldn't give a **** about what someone I used to go to school with is having for their tea every night. It has it's uses for certain people, but generally it's a a load of nonsense.

I get the feeling I'm not missing much!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Add to my list, those flowers / butterflies on photos. I don't understand it, and you look like a twat.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Seemingly it's not ok to like the wife's friends pictures from a night out :-)
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Friends who gush about their boyfriend/girlfriend and how wonderful their relationship is and how they can't believe it's been 6 months already and the best 6 months of their lives.

I'm sure they said the same thing about the last one, and the one before that and maybe a few others as well.
    People who do this then 5 minutes later all they're posting are cryptic statements about how badly they've been treated by the love of their life, and then then 5 minutes after that all the "love you, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me" ***** starts again. And so on, and so forth ad infinitum...

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Seemingly it's not ok to like the wife's friends pictures from a night out :-)
    Ha ha, yes it can get you into trouble as well.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    People who do this then 5 minutes later all they're posting are cryptic statements about how badly they've been treated by the love of their life, and then then 5 minutes after that all the "love you, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me" ***** starts again. And so on, and so forth ad infinitum...
    Not specific to Facebook but these daft, cryptic quotes usually posted by females. My mrs recently had a bit of a fall out with her best pal. Her pal started posting these stupid quotes on instagram that were clearly directed at my mrs, who then pulled her up about it and she denied it. ****ing strange behaviour.

Its not specifically Facebook but, what is it about folk that need to take pictures on their phone every 5 mins in the boozer? For some reason guys doing it annoys me more. Can you not just enjoy your night?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Its not specifically Facebook but, what is it about folk that need to take pictures on their phone every 5 mins in the boozer? For some reason guys doing it annoys me more. Can you not just enjoy your night?
    I hate it. Especially when it's a group of 50 something men. Everybody tagged of course. I was the one getting grief for refusing to be in the photo the last time and my mate still tagged me "at the bar".

Load of bollox.

"You have to be from Glasgow/Scotland/Liverpool/etc to get this..." and people like and share them. Usually the same 10-12 crap jokes.

Females who put up a pouting picture of themselves, especially those that look like they've been playing chicken with traffic........clearly after the responses they get from their friends saying 'beautiful' and 'gorgeous'.

No, you're not.

Random pouting pictures that women put up, particularly ones with that snapchat filter thing that puts flowers in the hair and sparkles on the face. The filter and the pout doesn't make you look any better, trust me.

Posts where someone who is supposed to be something like an army veteran is putting up a sign saying "my daughter says that I won't get 10,000 likes, can you prove her wrong?". I don't know what's worse, the post itself or people taking it seriously and liking and sharing and commenting on it.

People putting up a status saying that "only my real friends will copy and paste this, 99% of you won't bother". What a load of pish.

The attention seeking posts from people saying something vague and random like "OMG" or "Soooooooooooo raging right now" which then leads to people playing along with them by saying "U ok?" and "chin up babe" etc etc and them getting the reaction they craved.

I'm sure there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Females who put up a pouting picture of themselves, especially those that look like they've been playing chicken with traffic........clearly after the responses they get from their friends saying 'beautiful' and 'gorgeous'.

No, you're not.
    Oddly enough, that was the exact chain of events that lead to my post on this thread yesterday. :-)

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The pictures of children with some form of deformity with the accompanying post about how some people wont want to look at this picture. Yes I am one of those "some people" and I don't want to sit and stare at some poor deformed child but for some reason that means I am bad does it? There are lots of similar veined posts and I actually defriended an old colleague who kept sharing them despite me telling her how I felt about them.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The pictures of children with some form of deformity with the accompanying post about how some people wont want to look at this picture. Yes I am one of those "some people" and I don't want to sit and stare at some poor deformed child but for some reason that means I am bad does it? There are lots of similar veined posts and I actually defriended an old colleague who kept sharing them despite me telling her how I felt about them.
    Much the same. An ex colleague must have made a donation to a dog charity a few years ago after the fire in Edinburgh and then every picture she posted was of an abused dog.
    Swiftly unfriended
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    As per a suggestion on another thread. What Facebook behaviour gets on your nerves?

'Sooooo raging'
    'What's up hun?'
    'It's private, I'll message you bbz'

People commenting on spoof news stories as though they are real, that's more amusing than annoying though. I read one last week from the Southend News Network about a Jamaican man who was campaigning to have signs reading 'This is a smoke free zone' banned as it was offensive to Jamaicans. Cue a load of comments along the lines of 'go back where you came from', 'PC gone mad', 'if you don't like it **** off back to Africa (sic)'.

One like = one prayer

'If you share this Mark Zuckerberg will donate $1 to charity for every share'

Random nonsensical story about an 'eastern European looking man' trying to lure woman/children/a dog into a van in the Asda car park.
    "My real friends will share this. I'll know who you all are."

I'll be sharing **** all ta.

No, you're not.
    It's never gorgeous though is it.

It's "gawjus" or "you're a total ten"

"Thx babes, luv u."

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    If you don't repost this then the sky will fall down.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    It's never gorgeous though is it.

It's "gawjus" or "you're a total ten"

"Thx babes, luv u."
    That's the ones

Also, people who constantly check themselves in to their own house, which usually has some kind of 'hilarious' name.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    That's the ones

Also, people who constantly check themselves in to their own house, which usually has some kind of 'hilarious' name.
    Not on FB but I did come across an unusual house name earlier this week, It Ul Dhu
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Much the same. An ex colleague must have made a donation to a dog charity a few years ago after the fire in Edinburgh and then every picture she posted was of an abused dog.
    Swiftly unfriended
    I had to hide a family member's posts after the constant stream of lost dogs/dogs needing a home got too much.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Invitations to play Candy bl00dy Crush.

I have better things to do, thank you very much!!
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    "My real friends will share this. I'll know who you all are."

I'll be sharing **** all ta.
    Had that this morning. "97% of you won't share this, the other 3% are my true friends"

****kity bye then pal.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    agree with all of the above

The Scottish "banter" pages, same joke as everywhere else but someone has added "aye" or typed in a Scottish dialect.

The lad bible or any other bible with all their stolen content yet everyone thinks its so original and funny.
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 14-10-2016 at 12:05 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    "Jimmy went for a walk in the park, and you won't believe what happened next/what happened next will astonish you..."

Any post that follows that formula. I get that clickbait like that isn't exclusive to Facebook but it seems to be where I come across it most often!

Nearly everything else posted above is exceptionally deserving of their inclusions!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Hibs Paige

@hibs.net private member
    Name a city/dogs name without the letter A. I bet you can't...

Aye neither I can - Edinburgh/Fido.

No even a wee bit difficult - wtf are those posts for and why do folk reply?

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Name a city/dogs name without the letter A. I bet you can't...

Aye neither I can - Edinburgh/Fido.

No even a wee bit difficult - wtf are those posts for and why do folk reply?
    Bristol Rover