hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unacceptable Facebook Behaviour

As per a suggestion on another thread. What Facebook behaviour gets on your nerves?

'Sooooo raging'
    'What's up hun?'
    'It's private, I'll message you bbz'

People commenting on spoof news stories as though they are real, that's more amusing than annoying though. I read one last week from the Southend News Network about a Jamaican man who was campaigning to have signs reading 'This is a smoke free zone' banned as it was offensive to Jamaicans. Cue a load of comments along the lines of 'go back where you came from', 'PC gone mad', 'if you don't like it **** off back to Africa (sic)'.

One like = one prayer

'If you share this Mark Zuckerberg will donate $1 to charity for every share'

Random nonsensical story about an 'eastern European looking man' trying to lure woman/children/a dog into a van in the Asda car park.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Links to pages that have about 3 lines per page so you have to keep tapping next page every few seconds. Click bait to get you seeing more adverts than information that was promised in the link. Grrrrr.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    People who keep spouting their political beliefs on facebook over and over again. Pointless descriptions and photos of fairly ordinary looking meals someone has prepared. I don't give a flying **** what you had for lunch. I've unfollowed a few people for repeated breaches of both of these. I hate facebook, I'm only on it to keep in touch with friends and family abroad.
    Last edited by Mr White; 06-10-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Friends requests from friends of friends.. GTF, If I don't know you I'm not letting you troll my profile.

Friends that I know from previous lives who have turned into foaming at the mouth racists but can't see it themselves, immediate unfriend.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Swearing excessively .

I will swear a wee bit if it adds to the humour. Just the wee swearies though and in a humorous context.
    I see people my age using the hardcore swearies and it just doesn't sit right.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Using it in the first place.

I recently stopped and realised how much time I had wasted on ******.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Using it in the first place.

I recently stopped and realised how much time I had wasted on ******.
    The same could be said about this place

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Thousands of people entering scam competitions to win a luxury holiday on something like "British Air". It's quite incredible how many numpties there are out there, including a couple of my Facebook friends.

Cute cat pictures. Yes their cute but surely you've got something else to say.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Thousands of people entering scam competitions to win a luxury holiday on something like "British Air". It's quite incredible how many numpties there are out there, including a couple of my Facebook friends.
    Yeh, this does my head in. Posts by "Thomas Cook." or Emirates Air!" or whatever, (with punctuation at the end) and no blue verification wotsit. Is anyone really that dense? People generally just being tossers and being over the top rude to complete strangers just because they have differing opinions too. Lastly, people being offended by absolutely everything. The most innocuous posts will end up in giant arguments just for the sake of it.

Actually, now that I read all that, I think I should probably just delete my account and get a life

If you don't repost this then the sky will fall down.

Amen
    Space to let

^^^^ That's the only ever time I'm doing that!

I'm on a couple of closed cruise (ships that is :-) sites.

Some of the threads are brilliant in a Dave Gorman lost poem sort of way. A beauty the other day was 'I'm going to the Caribbean over Christmas. Should I wear red nail varnish for Christmas or something more pastel for the Caribbean?' Well all the wimin chipped in with serious posts then a couple of guys who were less than complimentary. I kid you not things got so vitriolic the thread was closed!

The common folk on cruises these days, I saw a man wearing a football top in the dining room, was another classic.

That sort of thing doesn't annoy me, it's too funny for that.

What does annoy me is 'Here are photos of (name of ship) in the Med. There's 3 friggin photos of the boat followed by 163 personal photos of her and her man in dull poses not even their dug would be happy viewing!
    Space to let

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The spreading of articles that are so fundamentally untrue you'd have to be a ****ing imbecile to believe it in the first place, but to share it as well takes a special kind of stupid.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    "I bet you won't keep reading this post but those that do are my real friends etc"

I don't know what it says after that part cos I've normally moved on and scrolled down.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    "I bet you won't keep reading this post but those that do are my real friends etc"

I don't know what it says after that part cos I've normally moved on and scrolled down.
    ****ing hate those posts.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    People who have had a traumatic event in their lives, which is clearly sad, however posting about it every few days comes over as attention seeking as apposed to grief.

People who post utter ***** made up stories. Some people now and again will have a funny story/incident that happened to them. Fair enough. But there is a a few people who always seem to be in a 'hilariously' embarrassing situation almost daily.

food pictures. Unless youve made it onto masterchef and looking for opinions, I dinny want to see your nans roast dinner. Usually looks like a dugs dinner anyway.

racists. Actually scratch that, ignorant to the fact racists who re post complete bull****.

changes the spelling of words.....gawjus? I mean WTF? usually a munter as well.

Bathroom selfies. They used to not bother me but now, without fail every sat night/sun morning some bint giving it 'traditional bathroom with my besties' all pouting.

the need for every single picture of a person out drinking getting a photo or group photo to hold aloft their drink as though its some sort of prize. I can see your in a pub and assume you would have alcohol, but I dont need to see you holding up your glass of jacobs creek in every picture.

I dont like much about FB to be honest (can you tell).. I had it years ago and stopped it, but lost touch with a lot of friends. I only got it back to get back in touch.

People with no sense of perspective. Girl I know is in Florida at the moment and her Facebook the last 12 hours has been rants about how 'cruel' it is that the last days of her holiday are ruined. She's 'trapped' in her villa with 'only' junk food, 2 bottles of vodka and 48 beers. They are 'reduced' to playing Monopoly.

Having the last days of your holiday impacted by a hurricane is probably quite annoying but firstly it's a risk you take going to Florida at this time of year. Secondly it's pretty small fry compared to 300 people dead and thousands homelesss in Haiti and the same risks posed to Florida natives.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People with no sense of perspective. Girl I know is in Florida at the moment and her Facebook the last 12 hours has been rants about how 'cruel' it is that the last days of her holiday are ruined. She's 'trapped' in her villa with 'only' junk food, 2 bottles of vodka and 48 beers. They are 'reduced' to playing Monopoly.

Having the last days of your holiday impacted by a hurricane is probably quite annoying but firstly it's a risk you take going to Florida at this time of year. Secondly it's pretty small fry compared to 300 people dead and thousands homelesss in Haiti and the same risks posed to Florida natives.
    Saw someone with similar complaints followed by a raft of people feeling so sorry for them that their honeymoon was ruined.

It's 2 days of a holiday and hundreds are dead with many more without any of their stuff. A wee bit perspective wouldn't go amiss.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Taking the humanitarian element to one side, being stuck in with 2 bottles of vod 48 beers junk food and playing monoploy sounds like a great way to end a holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Taking the humanitarian element to one side, being stuck in with 2 bottles of vod 48 beers junk food and playing monoploy sounds like a great way to end a holiday
    Tbf it was Budweiser......

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I'm not on Facebook because I don't like most people.

Mums posting photo updates of their kids daily.

Mums who lost photos of their kids Dailly while calling their husband / the father of the baby "daddy" no, he isn't your daddy, use his name you cretin.

As touched upon share this to win a business class trip anywhere in the world with easyjet. Yes, because easyjet has a business class section.

People who post happy birthday statuses to their relatives who don't use Facebook - usually because they are either a) dead or b) a child. You aren't wishing them happy birthday you are hoping for attention by proxy you prick.

Tag someone so they have to open up their phone and look at a banana. Hahahahahahah top banter mate.

Someone said something, then something else happened, I couldn't believe what happened next. Click here for the full 45 page story full of adverts.

People who celebrate their dogs birthday on Facebook. Or call themselves mum or dad to their dog. Aye? Is that right. Proper weird behaviour.
    Last edited by Onceinawhile; 07-10-2016 at 10:15 AM.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    People on holiday or away somewhere posting constant updates of how great a time they are having, naw your no, if you were having such a great time Facebook would be the last thing on your mind, add to that gym pics or posts that you are off to the gym

Added to the food pics, folk allegedly on a diet who post their healthy meal, behave I sat and watched you eat 3 mars bars, a bit cake and some mccoys at work

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Minion memes. Usually posted by Aunties (doesn't matter who's, it's always someone's Auntie).

Pictures of Kevin Bridges on stage with words on it that he's never said in his life.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Is it OK that one of the groups I subscribe to is called free beavers?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/freebeavers/
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Oh yes, here we go

1) Couples who say "Happy Birthday" "Love you" "Merry Christmas" "Happy 2 week anniversary babez" and so on and so forth complete with a pishy photo of them kissing in Wetherspoons or something. They're LITERALLY in the same room as one another, but need to do it via Facebook. Attention whoring of the worst kind

2) Cryptic statements that don't name names, either aggressive ones or like depressed "OMG" style ones. And then worse, the folk that go, as has been mentioned, "PM me babe".

3) Folk that share some vaguely funny animal related video, like a pug running into a wall or something and then go "OMG that's sooooo meeeeee!!" and tag half of their presumably similarly vacuous mates for attention

4) Baby photo overkill. The odd one now and again is cute, unless the baby is fugly ofcourse, but like albums full of the wee things just rolling about or stuffing their gub with puréed carrots is just weird.

5) Religious, political and philosophical status updates, especially when repetitive and banging the same drum whilst achieving bugger all except - I assume - to get fellow musos to stroke their chins and go "hmmmm, yes I agree, what cutting insight".

6) Perhaps controversial here, but people who post things like "Missing you soooooo much XYZ" when XYZ is sadly dead BUT they link the name to that dead person's actual Facebook profile they used when alive. Like they're lying there in their coffin on their afterlife i-Phone going "awwww that's nice, Auntie Mary misses me"

7) "I bet you won't share this post to honour our dead troops/the victims of the XXX earthquake/political prisoners in Russia" or whatever, usually with a picture of a poppy/crying child or something. Simultaneously trite pish that has no positive impact on the people the person so deeply cares about and meant to make me feel bad because I'm self aware enough to realise the absurdity of it

8) When someone you thought was decent likes or shares a "Britain First/similar racist *****" post or picture. It's a good way of filtering your friends list through I guess.

9) The number of people who post jpegs/memes that might otherwise be half decent if only it wasn't for the fact that whichever Yank teenager that created it hadn't made a painfully, PAINFULLY basic spelling or grammar error that your aforementioned Facebook contact somehow didn't spot.

That's enough for now. To be continued though I'm sure.....
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 07-10-2016 at 12:00 PM.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    "I bet that this won't even get one like/share"

Yeah not from me ya sad ******s
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Oh yes, here we go

1) Couples who say "Happy Birthday" "Love you" "Merry Christmas" "Happy 2 week anniversary babez" and so on and so forth complete with a pishy photo of them kissing in Wetherspoons or something. They're LITERALLY in the same room as one another, but need to do it via Facebook. Attention whoring of the worst kind

2) Cryptic statements that don't name names, either aggressive ones or like depressed "OMG" style ones. And then worse, the folk that go, as has been mentioned, "PM me babe".

3) Folk that share some vaguely funny animal related video, like a pug running into a wall or something and then go "OMG that's sooooo meeeeee!!" and tag half of their presumably similarly vacuous mates for attention

4) Baby photo overkill. The odd one now and again is cute, unless the baby is fugly ofcourse, but like albums full of the wee things just rolling about or stuffing their gub with puréed carrots is just weird.

5) Religious, political and philosophical status updates, especially when repetitive and banging the same drum whilst achieving bugger all except - I assume - to get fellow musos to stroke their chins and go "hmmmm, yes I agree, what cutting insight".

6) Perhaps controversial here, but people who post things like "Missing you soooooo much XYZ" when XYZ is sadly dead BUT they link the name to that dead person's actual Facebook profile they used when alive. Like they're lying there in their coffin on their afterlife i-Phone going "awwww that's nice, Auntie Mary misses me"

7) I bet you won't share this post to honour our dead troops/the victims of the XXX earthquake/political prisoners in Russia" or whatever, usually with a picture of a poppy/crying child or something. Simultaneously trite pish that has no positive impact on the people the person so deeply cares about and meant to make me feel bad because I'm self aware enough to realise the absurdity of it

8) When someone you thought was decent likes or shares a "Britain First/similar racist *****" post or picture. It's a good way of filtering your friends list through I guess.

9) The number of people who post jpegs/memes that might otherwise be half decent if only it wasn't for the fact that whichever Yank teenager that created it hadn't made a painfully, PAINFULLY basic spelling or grammar error that your aforementioned Facebook contact somehow didn't spot.

That's enough for now. To be continued though I'm sure.....
    Number 6 is a particular hate of mine.

'Happy Birthday to my bestie, can't believe it's been 2 years already. Sure you're having a wee voddy up there for the 2 of us causing havoc. Missing you babes, think about you everyday.'

Attention seeking pish. The person it's supposedly aimed at obviously isn't going to read it, it's all about getting the 'u ok hun?' attention.