hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Nhl

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar

Nhl

Kings games are included with Staples Center premium season tickets so I went to my first hockey match and had a bit of a surprise. This is LA and usually hot so I turned up in a short sleeved shirt like I would for basketball games or concerts but it was bloody freezing - well it is turned into an ice-rink, duh. It was a preseason game but still quite interesting to watch. Does anyone on here watch hockey, NHL or any other league? I was primarily keen on this being the only way to get Lakers season tickets right now but have been told I may end up enjoying hockey the most. The Kings local rivals are the Sharks and the Ducks but the Penguins, Blackhawks, Rangers and Flyers also draw high prices for aftermarket tickets. Any information on other teams would be appreciated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Love the NHL.

Sydney Crosby is an ********.

Alex ovechkin is cool.

Follow the Av's myself. Used to have a season ticket for Cardiff Devils when I was living down there.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I'm heading to NYC in April for Tartan week so have just bought tickets for the New York Islanders v Ottawa Senators . It's the final game of the regular season so hope they're both in a with a shout of the play-offs. Tickets were bloody expensive! Anyone know if either team is any good?

I went to Toronto Maple Leafs v Washington Capitals a few years ago. It was a great night out but the atmosphere, for a full house, was pretty rank. Too friendly!

Back in the day I used to go to Murrayfield Racers every Sunday, before they went bust. Absolutely loved it. Great sport hockey!

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm heading to NYC in April for Tartan week so have just bought tickets for the New York Islanders v Ottawa Senators . It's the final game of the regular season so hope they're both in a with a shout of the play-offs. Tickets were bloody expensive! Anyone know if either team is any good?

I went to Toronto Maple Leafs v Washington Capitals a few years ago. It was a great night out but the atmosphere, for a full house, was pretty rank. Too friendly!

Back in the day I used to go to Murrayfield Racers every Sunday, before they went bust. Absolutely loved it. Great sport hockey!
    Islanders should be there or abouts. The stadium is stunning. I went to MSG last year to watch NYR and NJD. New york lost 3-0 but it was stunning.

I'm a fife flyers fan. I played until i was 21 too. I still go along when i can. I take football more serious but i really enjoy hockey.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough HibeeLR's Avatar
    Sharks fan here, can't wait for the opener against LA should be an interesting one, gutted about losing the final in June though, made me hate Pittsburgh slightly more 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post

As did I. Place was rocking when the Flyers were there!

Random names of players I really liked to watch ..... Chris Kelland, Tony Hand, Scott Neil, Rick Fera and Moray Hansen
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    As did I. Place was rocking when the Flyers were there!

Random names of players I really liked to watch ..... Chris Kelland, Tony Hand, Scott Neil, Rick Fera and Moray Hansen
    The latter went on to be a terrible referee. I grew up with the flyers in the 90s.

Plant, morris, morrison, the kings. Edinburgh games were always superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    The latter went on to be a terrible referee. I grew up with the flyers in the 90s.

Plant, morris, morrison, the kings. Edinburgh games were always superb.

Agreed. I watched him put on a dismal performance a while back in a Flyers home game
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeLR View Post
    Sharks fan here, can't wait for the opener against LA should be an interesting one, gutted about losing the final in June though, made me hate Pittsburgh slightly more 😂
    Sharks play Kings in LA on the 30th November.

First Team Breakthrough HibeeLR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Sharks play Kings in LA on the 30th November.
    Yeah, we beat LA in the season opener 2-1 in San Jose, so another win on the 30th of November would be nice 😃

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeLR View Post
    Yeah, we beat LA in the season opener 2-1 in San Jose, so another win on the 30th of November would be nice 😃
    Sharks looked very strong for a lot of that game and must fancy another Stanley Cup challenge. You lot must be glad to have the Sharks playing well to make up for the Earthquakes decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    Islanders should be there or abouts. The stadium is stunning. I went to MSG last year to watch NYR and NJD. New york lost 3-0 but it was stunning.
    You need to be careful at the Barclays Centre. The view from some sections is terrible.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/barcla...-seats-2015-10

Noticed that Stanley Cup Champions the Pittsburgh Penguins keeper Murray has a Scottish flag on his helmet.

murray-back.jpg

It is the NHL All-Star game next weekend and this year it is at the Staples Center. Tickets to the All-Star game are available on stubhub.com etc, but I have two extra VIP tickets for the NHL 100 at 6.30pm on Friday 27th January where the last of the 100 top players will be announced (1968 onwards - Gretzky must be #1!) and also for the All-Star party on the LA Live Event Deck on Saturday Night after the Skills Competition. There will be current and ex-players from every NHL team at the events and it is a one in a 100 year celebration. The All-Star party tickets were not on sale to the general public.

PM me if you are able to be in LA and want the tickets.

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 7.33.05 PM.jpg

Man I wish I was in LA for that!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    It is the NHL All-Star game next weekend and this year it is at the Staples Center. Tickets to the All-Star game are available on stubhub.com etc, but I have two extra VIP tickets for the NHL 100 at 6.30pm on Friday 27th January where the last of the 100 top players will be announced (1968 onwards - Gretzky must be #1!) and also for the All-Star party on the LA Live Event Deck on Saturday Night after the Skills Competition. There will be current and ex-players from every NHL team at the events and it is a one in a 100 year celebration. The All-Star party tickets were not on sale to the general public.

PM me if you are able to be in LA and want the tickets.

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 7.33.05 PM.jpg
    Tickets are gone.

Kings players warming up with their soccer ritual outside the Chairman's Room at Staples Center. I wanted to join in wearing my McGregor 24 home jersey. Sitting in the glass tonight to the left of the away team bench. Look for my pal Ginger slapping the glass and shouting at the other teams players!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chilly in here

Near the other team. My pal Ginger goes mental slapping the glass and heckling the opposition.

Awesome stuff.

The opposition has a McGinn. I might need to put my Kopitar jersey back on. It is warm in here though.