hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar

NHC - England v Scotland

Long shot here, there's 3 of us going down in November for the game. Only 1 is in the tartan army and we were assured 2 more tickets off boys who have decided they're now going after we had booked up!

Does anyone know guys in the tartan army that could help me and my mate out and get us 2 tickets (he's a Jambo but a massive Scotland fan) the last thing would be getting 2 tickets in the England end but it's not the same going to a Scotland match without a kilt on!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers in advance!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Good luck! I'm in the Supporters Club and in the same boat as not been to an away game for some time and no chance of getting a ticket through our allocation. There will be hundreds if not thousands of others.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Me too. 2 of us going down without tickets. No big deal if we dont get them, but it would be amazing if we could.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Your Jambo mate is a 'massive Scotland fan' but not a member of the SSC?

With all due respect, there are 28000 SSC members ahead of you in the queue for the 8000 tickets. 18000 of them have at least one point so actually travel to away games. We took 20k to the friendly a couple of years ago. Home end or hospitality is your best hope.

By the way, I sat in the home end in 96 with full kilt/Strip combo and got no bother, bar some friendly banter. England games at Wembley are sanitised, corporate, family affairs. Your nutjobs that enjoy chucking garden furniture about will be nowhere near the stadium.
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 30-09-2016 at 07:23 AM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think i might go to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Coults1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Long shot here, there's 3 of us going down in November for the game. Only 1 is in the tartan army and we were assured 2 more tickets off boys who have decided they're now going after we had booked up!

Does anyone know guys in the tartan army that could help me and my mate out and get us 2 tickets (he's a Jambo but a massive Scotland fan) the last thing would be getting 2 tickets in the England end but it's not the same going to a Scotland match without a kilt on!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers in advance!
    He can't be a massive Scotland fan if he hasn't managed to accumulate only 2 points which is all you need to be guaranteed a ticket.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    He can't be a massive Scotland fan if he hasn't managed to accumulate only 2 points which is all you need to be guaranteed a ticket.
    I've a Scotland season ticket holder for the last 4 campaigns, but haven't been to any away games. Never fancied going abroad to watch a Scotland game in a pub
    Not sure what that makes me

Didn't realise asking for tickets was then an excuse to be scrutinized on how big a Scotland fan you are cheers lads

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Your Jambo mate is a 'massive Scotland fan' but not a member of the SSC?

With all due respect, there are 28000 SSC members ahead of you in the queue for the 8000 tickets. 18000 of them have at least one point so actually travel to away games. We took 20k to the friendly a couple of years ago. Home end or hospitality is your best hope.

By the way, I sat in the home end in 96 with full kilt/Strip combo and got no bother, bar some friendly banter. England games at Wembley are sanitised, corporate, family affairs. Your nutjobs that enjoy chucking garden furniture about will be nowhere near the stadium.
    We have been going to the games for years but always managed to get tickets either at the game or within the away end when its been a small allowance. In hindsight, yeah we should both have joined the SSC but its a lesson learned for this game.

That's good to know about the home end. It's a last option but would be gutted to miss the game whilst being in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I've a Scotland season ticket holder for the last 4 campaigns, but haven't been to any away games. Never fancied going abroad to watch a Scotland game in a pub
    Very few away games haven't gone to zero points in the last 4 campaigns, plenty opportunities to get on the ladder.

Last 3 away games prior to malta didn't require any points to attend, Malta only required one point. Could have accumulated 4 points in the last 4 away games from scratch and would have had no bother in getting an England ticket.

Last 3 away games prior to malta didn't require any points to attend, Malta only required one point. Could have accumulated 4 points in the last 4 away games from scratch and would have had no bother in getting an England ticket.
    Not quite as easy as that is it, what happens if you can't afford to go to the four games, or get holidays from work??

[QUOTE=soupy;4828858]Not quite as easy as that is it, what happens if you can't afford to go to the four games, or get holidays from work??[/QUOTE
    It's a loyalty system ensuring the fans that do go get first dibs quite simple really

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soupy View Post
    Not quite as easy as that is it, what happens if you can't afford to go to the four games, or get holidays from work??
    Then you don't get tickets for the easiest to get to and most in demand away game against our oldest rivals.

IMO it's an easy system to understand. Those who travel most (including unfancied midweek friendlies and games practically in Asia) rightly are at the front of the queue when it comes to glamour games at Wembley.

J

Billy Whiz said he didn't fancy traveling to away games to watch it in the pub. The insinuation being that away tickets were hard to come by. They aren't for the vast majority of games.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Then you don't get tickets for the easiest to get to and most in demand away game against our oldest rivals.

IMO it's an easy system to understand. Those who travel most (including unfancied midweek friendlies and games practically in Asia) rightly are at the front of the queue when it comes to glamour games at Wembley.

J
    Pretty much the same simple, straight forward "loyalty" system that so many on here turned their nose up at

a harvester if you used your season ticket to purchase an England friendly brief then passed/sold it on ?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I'm getting a hit of abuse on here😀

I'm a Hibs and scotland fan end of

J
    Yeah I know how it works and think it's a fair system, just don't think it's as easy as pacoluna made out that's all.

Just delighted I have enough points for a ticket

Yeah I know how it works and think it's a fair system, just don't think it's as easy as pacoluna made out that's all.

Just delighted I have enough points for a ticket
    Billy whizz said he's never fancied going abroad to watch Scotland in a pub. The last 4 away games prior to malta haven't required any points. So he wouldn't have had to watch any of them in the pub, to accumulate points to go to away games you have to start somewhere, once you have gained a point it stays on the system for ten games giving you the chance to accumulate.Two points for England game is reasonable everyone with two points or above are guaranteed a ticket 1/3 of those on one point will get one as well.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 30-09-2016 at 02:22 PM.

you said you've never fancied going abroad to watch Scotland in a pub. The last 4 games haven't required any points. So you wouldn't have had to watch any of them in the pub, to accumulate points to go to away games you have to start somewhere, once you have gained a opint in stats on the system for ten games.Two points for England game is reasonable everyone with two points or above are guaranteed a ticket 1/3 of those on one point will get one as well.
    It was Billy Whiz, not Soupy who didn't fancy watching the game in the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    It was Billy Whiz, not Soupy who didn't fancy watching the game in the pub.
    Corrected now haha

Billy whizz aid you've never fancied going abroad to watch Scotland in a pub. The last 4 away games prior to malta haven't required any points. So you wouldn't have had to watch any of them in the pub, to accumulate points to go to away games you have to start somewhere, once you have gained a point in stays on the system for ten games giving you the chance to accumulate.Two points for England game is reasonable everyone with two points or above are guaranteed a ticket 1/3 of those on one point will get one as well.
    Wasn't me who said they didn't fancy going abroad to watch the game in the pub, I've done it a few times 😑

Notice you've edited it 😑

Going to Slovakia after Germany and Faro last year. Got tickets in the "unofficial" TA section this time I.e right by the actual away section.

Really looking forward to it, having never been to Bratislava before.

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=Bristolhibby;4828866]Then you don't get tickets for the easiest to get to and most in demand away game against our oldest rivals.

That will be the same easy system that a lot of our fans are not happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Going to Slovakia after Germany and Faro last year. Got tickets in the "unofficial" TA section this time I.e right by the actual away section.

Really looking forward to it, having never been to Bratislava before.
    Staying in vienna and travelling to trnava via bratislava on match day

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Staying in vienna and travelling to trnava via bratislava on match day
    We're going via Vienna and staying In Bratislava and booked on Scotland supporters coaches to and from game.. looking forward to seeing somewhere different...

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    We're going via Vienna and staying In Bratislava and booked on Scotland supporters coaches to and from game.. looking forward to seeing somewhere different...
    Snap. Fly Heathrow to Vienna a week Monday, coach to the game from Bratislava on matchday.

Wednesday heading back to Vienna to do some touristy stuff.

J

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Snap. Fly Heathrow to Vienna a week Monday, coach to the game from Bratislava on matchday.

Wednesday heading back to Vienna to do some touristy stuff.

J
    We're out of Stanstead,BH....