Looking to get advice from any mechanic. I have a Chevy Lacetti Estate originally an motability car that is for my son. Recently, it broke down with no warning. Towed to my garage, who found the timing belt was slack and therefore no compression to the engine. They were going to charge me for a minimum 8 hours labour to strip the engine to see what was happening. They did not try another belt to see if that would get the engine started. It is a 88/90 model which is why they wouldn't touch it.We need this car for our family for appointments here and in Glasgow for my son as he uses a wheelchair. And to make things worse, my husband has just become ill with Dementia, (he is 52). I am looking for any assistance to find someone who could look at the car to see if it can be fixed without costing me a fortune. By doing so, it gives me a bit of breathing space to arrange a replacement Motability car that requires nil or low deposit. Ideally current car when working would be used as a trade in. Looking for a break. Thanks