hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 76
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,566
    Many on the left support leaving the EU as they see it as anti worker. That does not mean they are pro Tory. Really quite a narrow view to judge Neil in this manner. But what about MSPs like Alex Neil who voted out in the referendum but failed to follow their own convictions in the Scots parliament? Also I don't get why this was even voted on as it's a reserved matter and we have elected MPs to vote on this. Can you imagine the out cry if Westminster voted on devolved matters.

    For the record I voted remain


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,730
    Oh Neil, what have you done. Lining your pockets from the likes of Amazon, after having a pop at them for being an exploiter.

    I would have thought he'd have specified that Amazon should not be used for his upcoming book. I'm sure he never knew the publisher would use one of the world's largest sales outlets.

    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...labour-amazon/


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  4. #33
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,193
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh Neil, what have you done. Lining your pockets from the likes of Amazon, after having a pop at them for being an exploiter.

    I would have thought he'd have specified that Amazon should not be used for his upcoming book. I'm sure he never knew the publisher would use one of the world's largest sales outlets.

    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...labour-amazon/
    Is it actually possible to prevent Amazon from selling your product?

    Surely they could just purchase from wholesalers?

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it actually possible to prevent Amazon from selling your product?

    Surely they could just purchase from wholesalers?
    I don't know if Neil asked about it.

    Maybe he could put any profit to a good cause eh.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  6. #35
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,193
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if Neil asked about it.

    Maybe he could put any profit to a good cause eh.
    Nope, you've lost me. Is this something you're saying he should have done but didn't, or something he shouldn't have done but did?

  7. #36
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if Neil asked about it.

    Maybe he could put any profit to a good cause eh.
    I believe all proceeds are going to good causes.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,276
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh Neil, what have you done. Lining your pockets from the likes of Amazon, after having a pop at them for being an exploiter.

    I would have thought he'd have specified that Amazon should not be used for his upcoming book. I'm sure he never knew the publisher would use one of the world's largest sales outlets.

    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...labour-amazon/
    If you click on that you're helping fund the Murdoch press too so that's a toughie. Nicola likes the Sun though which cemented my vote for the Greens.

  9. #38
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,504
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you click on that you're helping fund the Murdoch press too so that's a toughie. Nicola likes the Sun though which cemented my vote for the Greens.
    I can only assume that R7 has come up with one of the most contrived digs at any politician you are ever likely to see in order to boost clicks on one of his favoured publications.
    Last edited by marinello59; 29-08-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe all proceeds are going to good causes.
    Which "Good causes" would these be?

    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can only assume that R7 has come up with one of the most contrived digs at any politician you are ever likely to see in order to boost clicks on one of his favoured publications.
    Ahh, the gangs all here.

    It's certainly got this place moving again, and even you know my fav blogger is far superior to the Murdoch minions.

    As for Findlay, he's been more than outed by the current bun for the hypocrite he is. Happy to use Amazon for his ill gotten gains, when he could have ensured they were never to be used for distribution.

    He's been leading Jeremy a merry dance throughout Scotland for the last few days, it's like watching John McTernan at work.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  11. #40
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which "Good causes" would these be?



    Ahh, the gangs all here.

    It's certainly got this place moving again, and even you know my fav blogger is far superior to the Murdoch minions.

    As for Findlay, he's been more than outed by the current bun for the hypocrite he is. Happy to use Amazon for his ill gotten gains, when he could have ensured they were never to be used for distribution.

    He's been leading Jeremy a merry dance throughout Scotland for the last few days, it's like watching John McTernan at work.
    I dont know which good causes, i just know that he specified good causes would receive all funds.

    Take from that what you will.

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,072
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont know which good causes, i just know that he specified good causes would receive all funds.

    Take from that what you will.
    Kez's leaving present

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,756
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kez's leaving present

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    A prez for Kez for leaving a mez. -->

  14. #43
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kez's leaving present

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    😁

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,566
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh Neil, what have you done. Lining your pockets from the likes of Amazon, after having a pop at them for being an exploiter.

    I would have thought he'd have specified that Amazon should not be used for his upcoming book. I'm sure he never knew the publisher would use one of the world's largest sales outlets.

    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...labour-amazon/
    Two things, one you can't stop booksellers selling a book on Amazon and secondly he's making no money out of the book. But FFS Ron quoting the Sun is worse than your usual sources
    Last edited by lucky; 30-08-2017 at 07:27 AM.

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,730
    I see, Neil, has been having a go again. Not sure what to make of his ramblings this time. I wonder if his book is written in the same form.

    https://t.co/o0k649wO4F


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,720
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see, Neil, has been having a go again. Not sure what to make of his ramblings this time. I wonder if his book is written in the same form.

    https://t.co/o0k649wO4F
    Before I click is that another link to the Sun you have posted?

  18. #47
    Coaching Staff One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,530
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Before I click is that another link to the Sun you have posted?
    lol

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Before I click is that another link to the Sun you have posted?
    Torygraph, you'll be used to that.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,566
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Before I click is that another link to the Sun you have posted?
    Donít worry itís a non story heís pushing this time from the most balanced of Scottish newspapers the National obviously his favoured ďwingsĒ website must be down just now

  21. #50
    Coaching Staff bawheid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,749
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donít worry itís a non story heís pushing this time from the most balanced of Scottish newspapers the National obviously his favoured ďwingsĒ website must be down just now
    I saw the tweet from Neil Findlay and was genuinely confused at what he was getting at. Heís always seemed a decent sort to me. You seem to know him quite well; can you clear it up?

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donít worry itís a non story heís pushing this time from the most balanced of Scottish newspapers the National obviously his favoured ďwingsĒ website must be down just now
    It took you a while. Maybe you could answer for, Neil, regarding his tweet. What was he saying? Why was he responding to the FM in such a way?

    How can you feel it a non story, when the public purse is paying for, Neil, and he comes out with this drivel?

    Surely you want better from your elected officials?


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  23. #52
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,504
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It took you a while. Maybe you could answer for, Neil, regarding his tweet. What was he saying? Why was he responding to the FM in such a way?

    How can you feel it a non story, when the public purse is paying for, Neil, and he comes out with this drivel?

    Surely you want better from your elected officials?
    Wow. Even more contortions as you try to make this a major news item. It was a stupid tweet, only he knows what he was going on about. Thereís nowt so dumb as politicians of all parties at times.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. Even more contortions as you try to make this a major news item. It was a stupid tweet, only he knows what he was going on about. Thereís nowt so dumb as politicians of all parties at times.
    Are we not allowed to ask questions of someone who is close to Neil?

    Maybe Lucky knows more to the tweet than we do. Others on here have asked the same questions, what's the problem with asking?


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  25. #54
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,504
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we not allowed to ask questions of someone who is close to Neil?

    Maybe Lucky knows more to the tweet than we do. Others on here have asked the same questions, what's the problem with asking?
    Nowt wrong with asking if you really think this is one of the most pressing issues of our time. The stench of hypocricy here as SNP supporters take offence is breathtaking though. When Johann Lamont was getting pelters for her Scottish working class accent I didnít notice any SNP supporters here rushing to her defence.
    Civic Nationalists seem to love a wee bit of mock outrage though so fill your boots.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nowt wrong with asking if you really think this is one of the most pressing issues of our time. The stench of hypocricy here as SNP supporters take offence is breathtaking though. When Johann Lamont was getting pelters for her Scottish working class accent I didnít notice any SNP supporters here rushing to her defence.
    Civic Nationalists seem to love a wee bit of mock outrage though so fill your boots.
    Thanks for that, I thought we were having restrictions imposed for our line of questioning. Maybe Lucky will be along in an hour or so to help us out.

    Your straw man argument on JOLO is deflection at it's best.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  27. #56
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,504
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for that, I thought we were having restrictions imposed for our line of questioning. Maybe Lucky will be along in an hour or so to help us out.

    Your straw man argument on JOLO is deflection at it's best.
    If I was attempting to defend the tweet or the politicician who sent it then it would be deflection. Iím not.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I was attempting to defend the tweet or the politicician who sent it then it would be deflection. Iím not.
    Great.

    Maybe we can get back on track now with regards to the tweet and what it was about.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  29. #58
    3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Age
    44
    Posts
    22,477
    Blog Entries
    4
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. Even more contortions as you try to make this a major news item. It was a stupid tweet, only he knows what he was going on about. Thereís nowt so dumb as politicians of all parties at times.
    to be fair, a quoted tweet in a post on hibs.net isn't likely to turn it into a major news article.
    Imagine the chaos. Every front page and website would be pushing 'YAM', 'LTYF', 'Striker Required', and my personal favourite 'Match Day Thread - 40 page supplement'

  30. #59
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,566
    Iím not on Twitter or Neilís spokesman but Ronnie seems to have an agenda against him. I wish there were more working class socialist Mspís in the Parliament like Neil

  31. #60
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím not on Twitter or Neilís spokesman but Ronnie seems to have an agenda against him. I wish there were more working class socialist Mspís in the Parliament like Neil
    Wasnt he a teacher? Thats a middle class profession surely!

    I hear he is a decent guy who is actually quite a good guy to habe a beer with. I dont particuarly agree with his politics, but i do believe he genuinely holds them, which cant be said of them all.

    Ronnie pushing an agenda...no way 😂

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved