hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar

Neil Findlay Msp

It seems Neil, the tribune of the left(Jimmy Johnstone was more left wing than him), has been trumpeting the Daily express again.

Labour spin and lies found out again.

https://t.co/iX3igf3Kn5

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    In this case it's just Neil commenting on a press story - you could argue that the Express is hardly likely to be 'factual' all the time, but I can't see that Neil has done anything underhand?

Or am I missing the point..............

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In this case it's just Neil commenting on a press story - you could argue that the Express is hardly likely to be 'factual' all the time, but I can't see that Neil has done anything underhand?

Aye. HE is a Labour MSP so he is evil. Keep up.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post

He could have checked the facts quite easily (others did) and refrained from having a personal dig when he realised that the Express article was inaccurate.

But maybe that's expecting too much from a public servant.

@hibs.net private member RagingReality's Avatar
    One would think that a supposedly "left-wing" MSP would refuse to associate himself in any way with the Daily "IMMIGRANTS WANT TO KILL YOUR FAMILY/XMAS" Express, the UK's premier bastion of hate. Guess not when it's an SNP BAD story.

1-1, 1-1, 2-0, 2-2, 1-0, 0-0, 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    One would think that a supposedly "left-wing" MSP would refuse to associate himself in any way with the Daily "IMMIGRANTS WANT TO KILL YOUR FAMILY/XMAS" Express, the UK's premier bastion of hate. Guess not when it's an SNP BAD story.
    Hes a politician being a politician. Regardless of party they are all prone to the same behaviour. He has tweeted this non-news story because it suits him just as the SNP were happy to toady to Murdoch to get the Sun on side when it suited them. They are all the same.
    Last edited by marinello59; 29-09-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Hes a politician being a politician. Regardless of party they are all prone to the same behaviour. He has tweeted this non-news story because it suits him just as the SNP were happy to toady to Murdoch to get the Sun on side when it suited them. They are all the same.
    No he's a twat being a twat the same as everybody else who has retweeted something without checking for accuracy.

His personal dig at Ms Black was something else though and I reckon he should apologise or be held to account.

Until he's posed in the Express offices with a copy of that day's Express, the faux outrage is a bit hypocritical IMHO.

@hibs.net private member RagingReality's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Sad but true. The day that people on the left refuse to associate in any way with media that promotes hate would be a good day indeed. And a pipe dream.

1-1, 1-1, 2-0, 2-2, 1-0, 0-0, 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    No he's a twat being a twat the same as everybody else who has retweeted something without checking for accuracy.

His personal dig at Ms Black was something else though and I reckon he should apologise or be held to account.
    How do you hold someone to account who canny even dae up his shirt.

CtdWy5gXgAAaIu3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post

Actually I think you are agreeing with me here. I agree he should apologise. Black did nothing wrong.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    How do you hold someone to account who canny even dae up his shirt.

CtdWy5gXgAAaIu3.jpg
    Ouch!

@hibs.net private member
    It seems Neil, the tribune of the left(Jimmy Johnstone was more left wing than him), has been trumpeting the Daily express again.

Labour spin and lies found out again.

https://t.co/iX3igf3Kn5
    Jeezo is that the best you can come up with? On the day a third SNP MP has been summed to a police station over financial issues you post crap about shirt buttons and a quote in the paper. Any comment on hospital closures or the mess police Scotland is in ? No because your more interested in being anti Labour than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Jeezo is that the best you can come up with? On the day a third SNP MP has been summed to a police station over financial issues you post crap about shirt buttons and a quote in the paper. Any comment on hospital closures or the mess police Scotland is in ? No because your more interested in being anti Labour than anything else.
    I wondered when you'd come out of hiding.

Not heard from you since you came third a few months ago, although you seem to keep a close eye on the McGarry case

You can keep yer Anas sarwar spin for a while thanks, when he gets down to his last 500k, I might start listening

Welcome back.

@hibs.net private member
    I wondered when you'd come out of hiding.

Not heard from you since you came third a few months ago, although you seem to keep a close eye on the McGarry case

You can keep yer Anas sarwar spin for a while thanks, when he gets down to his last 500k, I might start listening

Welcome back.
    Not been anywhere just not bothered replying to your posts. But yet again you post on a thread while failing to answer any questions or stay on the subject. I take it WoS don't a bit for you to link. As finishing third, I take it your happy the Tories are the opposition now?

Not been anywhere just not bothered replying to your posts. But yet again you post on a thread while failing to answer any questions or stay on the subject. I take it WoS don't a bit for you to link. As finishing third, I take it your happy the Tories are the opposition now?
    The subject is actually yer pal Neil Findlay, and as you mentioned WOS, I decided to have a look for you, just to see if he'd done anything on Nelly boy.

Low and behold. http://wingsoverscotland.com/expressway-to-lietown/

My best bit is where Neil decides to slate Scotrail on twitter, saying they've cancelled another train, and Scotrail have to tell him the train didn't exist.

He's not the sharpest tool in the box.

On the subject of the Tories being the opposition, it really doesn't matter to me who the opposition is, as long as they stay there. The Tories have left you far behind though, and it seems like Kezia is happy with her lot at the moment. Who am I to upset her little world.

The subject is actually yer pal Neil Findlay, and as you mentioned WOS, I decided to have a look for you, just to see if he'd done anything on Nelly boy.

Low and behold. http://wingsoverscotland.com/expressway-to-lietown/

My best bit is where Neil decides to slate Scotrail on twitter, saying they've cancelled another train, and Scotrail have to tell him the train didn't exist.

He's not the sharpest tool in the box.

On the subject of the Tories being the opposition, it really doesn't matter to me who the opposition is, as long as they stay there. The Tories have left you far behind though, and it seems like Kezia is happy with her lot at the moment. Who am I to upset her little world.
    Jeezo, they're cancelling non-existant trains too now?
    This is how it feels

The low threshold of quality of those who currently have either MSP or MP after their names is staggering to me. The selection mechanisms of the parties have a lot to answer for, though to be fair who would want to be a politician these days?

I think there's a lot of truth in the saying that the electorate gets the politicians it deserves.

Just so we're clear about one of those MP's you've alluded to.

CtqtAiXWcAAdv01.jpg

@hibs.net private member
    Just so we're clear about one of those MP's you've alluded to.

CtqtAiXWcAAdv01.jpg
    That's a relief then only TWO SNP MPs being investigated and one with dodgey business practices. I'm sure that's a relief to us all

That's a relief then only TWO SNP MPs being investigated and one with dodgey business practices. I'm sure that's a relief to us all
    Think we've all forgotten the expenses scandal?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Think we've all forgotten the expenses scandal?
    I hope no one has. But we did get a reminder this week when a SNP MP claimed 40 for a dog house.

We were promised a new politics but sadly all we've got is a new bunch doing the exact same thing-- feathering their own nests.

Somebody's got to keep you guys right, although right is what you continue to be.

And I thought you were wanting them to be innocent as well.

Maybe not eh.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...ot-another-one

Post 11

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    did jim murphy ever repay the 1.30 he claimed for 2 cans of irn bru

we need to know

sigh
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 01-10-2016 at 09:36 PM.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar

On the theme, I do recall Findlay (along with the greens and SSP) speaking up for the recently striking ScotRail conductors and the importance of the role whilst Sturgeon lied about the role, belittled the RMT members as well as the nature of the dispute in FMQs whilst she and Yosef propped up an army of scab labour to the detriment of public safety and at the taxpayers' expense. Identical tactics to the Tories at Westminster.

@hibs.net private member
    Somebody's got to keep you guys right, although right is what you continue to be.

And I thought you were wanting them to be innocent as well.

Maybe not eh.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...ot-another-one

Post 11
    You stalking me? I hate the idea she's ripped off the people she was meant to representing. But keep searching through my posts. At least your quoting me not WoS

Your use of emojis is as boring as your arguments. You set up a thread to attack a respected trade union supporting left wing MSP based on the fact he was quoted in a paper. You may never be right but you are very much on the right

There is every chance, given the past few days which has seen the likes of obedient retainers Mundell and Davidson jumping on the hard-brexit line, that they could lose support in Scotland. If the UK union is valuable to those recently converted voters, then Labour might be playing their cards right if they remain on that track to represent the views of unionists, remainers and 'soft' leavers who see the huge danger of a 'hard' brexit.

The other issue is the Great Repeal Act. Mundell/Davidson claiming that as it is foreign affairs, it will be reserved. Not quite as simple as that... there's a long amount of track to run on that. Labour should (though I doubt the McBain doctrine will help) get their shoulder to the wheel to make the case that the Scottish Parliament must have a say. It affects a huge range of domestic, devolved legislation though unintentionally so, that does not lessen the impact.

Other funny thing is that this all depends on UKGov getting a deal with the EU. They may not get any agreement as EU27 are very unlikely to agree to a deal if it does not absolutely suit them. Then we're in a very different ballgame... a leave vote, leave negotiations and no deal.

UKGov think that they have the ace hand. Really, they don't.

It looks like Neil, the tribune of the left, voted with the Tories this evening to trigger article 50.

Oh well, at least he didn't abstain eh.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    No surprise there. He, like you, has a "pathological hatred" of the SNP.

Would appear, however, that your heroic left wing MSP is happy to support the Tories in the Scottish Parliament.

I know you admire this guy, but he fast turning himself in to a joke of a MSP.

So blinded by his hatred of the SNP that he simply doesn't think straight.

I've said on here before that I could find common ground with Labour supporters but guys like Findlay can't see the wood for the trees. He needs to accept that the SNP have replaced Labour as Scotland's dominant political party and start acting like a grown up politician.
    Last edited by allmodcons; 07-02-2017 at 08:36 PM.