hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Different club.
    Same fans though!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Though I cant condone Rod Petrie's failure to issue an apology I'm sure it is just a result of exuberance but using the SPFL's lawyer to represent Hibs at the hearing ...... brilliant ..... I said in a post a few weeks back that the calibre of our board in the shape of STF, Rod Petrie and Leann Dempster would be far too much of a challenge for 'Victims FC' and its looking more and more as if my confidence wasn't misplaced.

Mr Petrie's next course of action is clear ..... do just what Sevco want, issue a statement as follows:

'Though Hibs understand that the vast majority of fans who went onto the pitch did so merely to celebrate we obviously do not condone supporters entering the field of play at any time, the club acknowledge that a tiny minority of those fans went beyond 'celebration' by confronting some Sevco staff and in one case being found guilty of assault of a The Rangers player in a court of law. That fan has been banned from Easter Road, which is clear proof that Hibernian FC will not tolerate this type of behaviour from any of its supporters. Hibernian FC are happy to state that we deeply regret any distress or injury proved to have been caused to any employees or staff of The Rangers FC by this tiny fraction of its fans who were on the pitch'

'However, in view of The Rangers FC's persistent and public insistence that Hibernian FC should accept responsibility for the actions of the clubs supporters and apologise for them, even though those actions were outwith the clubs control, Hibernian football club expect that in this spirit and to avoid any accusations of hypocrisy being levelled, that The Rangers FC will also issue an apology to Hibernian FC for the vile sectarian abuse of the clubs manager on at least two occasions during the game and that they also condemn the clubs supporters for singing a banned sectarian song during the pitch invasion'

P.S. .... 'Hibernian FC also expect The Rangers FC to withdraw the statement they made following the game in a ridiculous attempt to excuse the violent conduct of their fans who also entered the field of play. Even if there was any truth in this statement, which is highly unlikely, it is the job of stadium security and Police Scotland to 'protect' staff and players of clubs, not vigilante groups of supporters and any suggestion that anything other than that being the case is acceptable in any circumstances is utterly reckless not to mention potentially dangerous. It also flies in the face of the obviously high standards that The Rangers FC clearly expect from every other club and their supporters.
    We also find it extraordinary that the SFA allowed any of its member clubs to issue a statement supporting violent and unlawful actions by its supporters without taking immediate and punitive action.

If I was owner of Hibs that statement would be issued tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 30-09-2016 at 01:03 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    The oldco was bad enough, but FFS, the newco...it's one constant round of victim playing, whinging and special interest pleading. Has there ever been a more 'greeting faced' club ever?
    I think we will see this ramped up more and more by The Rangers Football Club. IIRC there was a clear statement from the new club, when it was formed and refused access to the top league, along the lines that they would take revenge on those they considered responsible for not allowing the new club an unfair advantage. As I see it any little thing is going to be pounced upon as they try to bring down Scottish football.

The dignified thing to have done, IMHO, would have been to accept the situation, be grateful that the rules were bent to allow a new club direct access to the leagues and to quietly repay a little of their debt to Scottish football as they played their way towards the premier division. The fans of Rangers FC should have the same right as any other football supporter to have a team to follow. It would have been so much better for them and for Scottish football if the club they now follow had shown some dignity in all of this. I also believe they should be allowed to call the new club anything they want and to claim descent from 1872. The new club may not be Rangers football club but it cannot be denied that it is son of Rangers Football Club. However it seems that this club wants to kick out at everyone and sadly they have carried more than a minority of their fans with them. They cannot accept that this is a problem of their own making

Perhaps someone could find that quote from 2012 but in the meantime I suspect Level 5 wish the current scandal in English football was happening here.

Sadly I believe their intent is, at the very least, to bring down the SFA and SPFL hence their focus on RP's position in this instance. The SFA have not helped themselves mind you as they fail at every turn to deal with the constant disrepute piled on the game by releases from in and around Ibrox.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 30-09-2016 at 01:51 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    By 'across the world' I take it they mean Govan?
    Govan isn't the Neanderthal hotbed of Huns one might think. Being Glasgow, geography counts for less than it should.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    When is Mark Warburton being arrested for his assault on John Beaton?

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    When is Mark Warburton being arrested for his assault on John Beaton?
    Yip. "Verbally assaulted" as the Record would say.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I wish just one member of the MSM would call them out on the myth they continue to peddle about assaults to their "players and staff". Just ask them to name the victims and to provide details of the assaults. It gets mentioned in every statement they release and rags like the DR compliantly continue to trot it out. A nonsense.
    I wonder if an FOI request to Police Scotland regarding the number of players and officials interviewed about the alleged assaults would be worth it.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Please please please let them boycott this year's cup
    I'd go one further. Why doesn't Scottish football just boycott the The Rangers??

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    I wonder if an FOI request to Police Scotland regarding the number of players and officials interviewed about the alleged assaults would be worth it.
    define 'assault'

apparently that could be what Warbs subjected Mr Beaton too.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Though I cant condone Rod Petrie's failure to issue an apology I'm sure it is just a result of exuberance but using the SPFL's lawyer to represent Hibs at the hearing ...... brilliant ..... I said in a post a few weeks back that the calibre of our board in the shape of STF, Rod Petrie and Leann Dempster would be far too much of a challenge for 'Victims FC' and its looking more and more as if my confidence wasn't misplaced.

Mr Petrie's next course of action is clear ..... do just what Sevco want, issue a statement as follows:

'Though Hibs understand that the vast majority of fans who went onto the pitch did so merely to celebrate we obviously do not condone supporters entering the field of play at any time, the club acknowledge that a tiny minority of those fans went beyond 'celebration' by confronting some Sevco staff and in one case being found guilty of assault of a The Rangers player in a court of law. That fan has been banned from Easter Road, which is clear proof that Hibernian FC will not tolerate this type of behaviour from any of its supporters. Hibernian FC are happy to state that we deeply regret any distress or injury proved to have been caused to any employees or staff of The Rangers FC by this tiny fraction of its fans who were on the pitch'

'However, in view of The Rangers FC's persistent and public insistence that Hibernian FC should accept responsibility for the actions of the clubs supporters and apologise for them, even though those actions were outwith the clubs control, Hibernian football club expect that in this spirit and to avoid any accusations of hypocrisy being levelled, that The Rangers FC will also issue an apology to Hibernian FC for the vile sectarian abuse of the clubs manager on at least two occasions during the game and that they also condemn the clubs supporters for singing a banned sectarian song during the pitch invasion'

P.S. .... 'Hibernian FC also expect The Rangers FC to withdraw the statement they made following the game in a ridiculous attempt to excuse the violent conduct of their fans who also entered the field of play. Even if there was any truth in this statement, which is highly unlikely, it is the job of stadium security and Police Scotland to 'protect' staff and players of clubs, not vigilante groups of supporters and any suggestion that anything other than that being the case is acceptable in any circumstances is utterly reckless not to mention potentially dangerous. It also flies in the face of the obviously high standards that The Rangers FC clearly expect from every other club and their supporters.
    We also find it extraordinary that the SFA allowed any of its member clubs to issue a statement supporting violent and unlawful actions by its supporters without taking immediate and punitive action.

Hibs have done the correct thing and issued the small statement on our website. No need for anything else. The Rangers just make themselves look even more foolish. A complete laughing stock.

Never argue with the moronic, no good can even come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Under the FOI could we get the names of the names of the players allegedly assaulted and any subsequent medical reports.If there is none that ends there drivel.
    Are you crazy? :-)

Making people's personal medical records available to the public!

Even anonymised medical records for research purposes can take months, sometimes years, of pointless negotiations before its declined!

There may be dodgy dealings going on behind the scenes at Ibrox were the medical staff are being put under pressure to make a false statement around the alleged assaults. If there are resignations or sackings in this area for any reason in the next wee while we can draw our own conclusion.

First Team Regular
    If they were saying that all clubs should be held accountable for the behaviour of their supporters, I could understand that. If they were saying that all clubs cannot reasonably be held accountable for the behaviour of their supporters, I could understand that. But they seem to be saying that all clubs should be held accountable for the behaviour of their supporters, with the sole exception of themselves!

Testimonial Due

P.P.S. We won, you lost, get over it.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    How do you go about using FOI.I would like to try and find out how many Rangers players have complained of assault.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    How do you go about using FOI.I would like to try and find out how many Rangers players have complained of assault.
    Email police Scotland I guess

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    The phrase 'FOI Request' should be permanently banned from all football forums.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    The phrase 'FOI Request' should be permanently banned from all football forums.
    I'd rather have those who know the FOI process tell us what is and isn't possible under that process. Maybe have it as a sticky, so that every time the question comes up........

@hibs.net private member
    Police probably can't or won't tell you but according to this

https://mobile.twitter.com/sheenahib...99101965455361

a total of eleven players made complaints
    Last edited by w pilton hibby; 30-09-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar

Brilliant 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    define 'assault'

apparently that could be what Warbs subjected Mr Beaton too.
    Assault is defined in Scots law as a physical attack on another which is intended to cause bodily injury or which puts the victim in a state of fear that he or she may be about to suffer bodily injury. In Scotland, an 'assault' cannot be committed by words alone, nor can it be committed by accident.

There is no such thing as verbal assault. Mr Jackson et al STFU!

Hibs statement of 23rd May covers everything:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6529

Hibernian FC today reiterated:

-That the Club is sorry that a number of Hibernian supporters invaded the pitch. Whilst emotions were running high, the Club cannot condone supporters coming onto the field of play.

-That the Club will co-operate fully with all of the relevant authorities to identify supporters involved in behaviour which tarnishes the good name of Hibernian FC.

-In particular, the Club will do everything in its power to bring to book any Hibernian supporters found to have been involved in the most serious allegations of assault – including assaults on the staff or players of Rangers FC

-The Club will take the strongest possible sanctions against any supporters involved in criminal activity or unacceptable behaviour

Chairman Rod Petrie said: “It is now clear from various sources that supporters being on the pitch at the end of the match led to acts of violence and disorder.

I condemn and the Club condemns all of the violence and unacceptable conduct perpetrated on the pitch and elsewhere and in the margins of the match at Hampden. There is absolutely no place for it in the game of football.

"Hibernian will do all that it can to support the criminal investigations to ensure that those who have transgressed face the consequences of their actions.”
    Hun fannies.

Simplified FoI request process here:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/

There is one outstanding already:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...for_scottish_c

tbh, I wouldn't bother. Arguing with the Huns is like wrestling a pig, you both get covered in **** but the pig loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    Police probably can't or won't tell you but according to this

https://mobile.twitter.com/sheenahib...99101965455361

a total of eleven players made complaints
    Being pedantic, it doesn't actually say that.

It says that 11 complaints were made. That could be 11 complaints that someone banjoed Lee Wallace.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

It says that 11 complaints were made. That could be 11 complaints that someone banjoed Lee Wallace.
    Surely you mean 11 complaints by Lee Wallace.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    Hibs have done the correct thing and issued the small statement on our website. No need for anything else. The Rangers just make themselves look even more foolish. A complete laughing stock.

Never argue with the moronic, no good can even come of it.
    Since Dempster arrived, Hibs judgement on most things has been spot on. Help of course by an understanding and grown up set of supporters 😊 As has been said, The Rangers are just acting like you would expect any spoiled 4 year old 😫

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

..... or 11 complaints that someone hadn't banjoed Lee Wallace!

Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    ..... or 11 complaints that someone hadn't banjoed Lee Wallace!

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I wonder what Rangers really wanted to happen?

I mean, if the SFA came out condemning us as complete filth and fined us £1M a year for the next 5 years would they then have been happy?

Did they want the result rescinded and them to be awarded the cup?

I just don't get what they have to gain by banging on about this other than to try and appease they're own fans.

I think they should issue a statement of their demands and also what the consequences will be if they're not met. Kinda like a ransom note. They can use cuttings from the Record.

Would LOVE them to boycott the Scottish Cup. Would probably only increase their chances of winning it though.

They should also feel free to boycott both the League and League Cup.