hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll back this motion.

Could they withdraw from the league as well while they're at it?

That would be splendid.
    Any chance of the male of this particular sub species giving withdrawal a go?

They are a dying breed anyway as society moves on, but any form of contraception has got to help

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    The one guy speaking sense and pointing out to them what the reality of the SFA punishing Hibs would have meant for Sevco is subjected to sectarian abuse and the others are talking about boycotting the Scottish cup and even away games coz that'll hurt the other clubs, forgetting that for the last 4 years they got by just fine without a visit from the knuckle draggers and having their seats ripped up and bogs vandalised.

I used to think the old joke ..... Q ... 'what's red white and blue and has an IQ of 150? ... A .... 'a hundred and fifty Rangers supporters' was just a joke, but now I'm not so sure

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The one guy speaking sense and pointing out to them what the reality of the SFA punishing Hibs would have meant for Sevco is subjected to sectarian abuse and the others are talking about boycotting the Scottish cup and even away games coz that'll hurt the other clubs, forgetting that for the last 4 years they got by just fine without a visit from the knuckle draggers and having their seats ripped up and bogs vandalised.

I used to think the old joke ..... Q ... 'what's red white and blue and has an IQ of 150? ... A .... 'a hundred and fifty Rangers supporters' was just a joke, but now I'm not so sure
    Don't know if you seen his latest posts but he's went off on one. Can't argue much with his original post but it's all so pleasing...

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I think we will see this ramped up more and more by The Rangers Football Club. IIRC there was a clear statement from the new club, when it was formed and refused access to the top league, along the lines that they would take revenge on those they considered responsible for not allowing the new club an unfair advantage. As I see it any little thing is going to be pounced upon as they try to bring down Scottish football.

The dignified thing to have done, IMHO, would have been to accept the situation, be grateful that the rules were bent to allow a new club direct access to the leagues and to quietly repay a little of their debt to Scottish football as they played their way towards the premier division. The fans of Rangers FC should have the same right as any other football supporter to have a team to follow. It would have been so much better for them and for Scottish football if the club they now follow had shown some dignity in all of this. I also believe they should be allowed to call the new club anything they want and to claim descent from 1872. The new club may not be Rangers football club but it cannot be denied that it is son of Rangers Football Club. However it seems that this club wants to kick out at everyone and sadly they have carried more than a minority of their fans with them. They cannot accept that this is a problem of their own making

Perhaps someone could find that quote from 2012 but in the meantime I suspect Level 5 wish the current scandal in English football was happening here.

Sadly I believe their intent is, at the very least, to bring down the SFA and SPFL hence their focus on RP's position in this instance. The SFA have not helped themselves mind you as they fail at every turn to deal with the constant disrepute piled on the game by releases from in and around Ibrox.
    M.O.M. Performance.👏👌

Quote Originally Posted by JAY-ESS GREEN View Post
    Had it wrong all these years apparently it's the Vatican that runs the media in our "wee sh$@hole country".
    Let's all sign that petition!!

We should help them out and sign it too.
    http://YouTube.be/P8ciVBQixpU
    Candy gram for The Rangers
    Last edited by jax67; 01-10-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Just gets funnier and funnier

http://www.scotzine.com/2016/10/rang...tish-football/

Very true though

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar

Very true though
    He could even also have mentioned the appalling destruction in Manchester in 2008, old firm match violence, their own pitch invasion at Easter Road (of all places) in 2005...

@hibs.net private member
    I think that's a very good article. Says a lot of the things I've been thinking since the final.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Excellent article. Isn't it amazing that this is what very single fan of very single club in Scotland thinks yet the piss poor scottish main stream media still pander to the lowest common denominator within the Hun fanbase. Both the media and the Huns are an embarrasment

@hibs.net private member
    According to the BBC (in the middle of an article, no headlines) there was fighting on the pitch after the Hull v Salford Rugby League match. Wonder how much press coverage that will get?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/37488691

Very true though
    That article depressed me.
    In the sense that it's some guy's page online and that it's not the commonplace, accepted, consensus view of all the national media.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    According to the BBC (in the middle of an article, no headlines) there was fighting on the pitch after the Hull v Salford Rugby League match. Wonder how much press coverage that will get?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/37488691
    Thought the same thing. Can you see enquiries and government comment?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Thought the same thing. Can you see enquiries and government comment?
    4 wee lines compared to the coverage we got from the Scottish press. Says it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    http://bit.ly/2cKroBq

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    http://bit.ly/2cKroBq

Surely the SFA would be in front of us and the huns for legal action no? Security was their concern, they hired the equipment from TFC and since they themselves have failed to implement strict liability I can't see any claim against the clubs making it to court tbh.

There's no way Glasgow City Council should have to pick up the bill though.
    Last edited by Mr White; 02-10-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    That article depressed me.
    In the sense that it's some guy's page online and that it's not the commonplace, accepted, consensus view of all the national media.
    Even more depressing, as I previously confirmed in response to what was a rhetorical enquiry, is that - more-or-less - that is the view of the national media, but woe betide any reporter who files anything along those lines. Would just get spiked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Surely the SFA would be in front of us and the huns for legal action no? Security was their concern, they hired the equipment from TFC and since they themselves have failed to implement strict liability I can't see any claim against the clubs making it to court tbh.

There's no way Glasgow City Council should have to pick up the bill though.
    Who does?

Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowHibee View Post
    Who does?
    Given that the company (TFC Scotland) have had their insurance claim rejected on the grounds that the damage was caused by a "riot" then I would say the SFA are liable instead of the clubs since strict liability was rejected. If the only reason that the council has been mentioned at all is because of some archaic 200 year old legislation then that's wrong imo. Why should the council be held liable for an event organised and hosted by the SFA?
    Last edited by Mr White; 02-10-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Given that the company (TFC Scotland) have had their insurance claim rejected on the grounds that the damage was caused by a "riot" then I would say the SFA are liable instead of the clubs since strict liability was rejected. If the only reason that the council has been mentioned at all is because of some archaic 200 year old legislation then that's wrong imo. Why should the council be held liable for an event organised and hosted by the SFA?
    I think the only chance of successfully seeking compensation for damage done to their equipment would be to sue Co-Defenders the SFA and Police Scotland.

They would have no chance of winning a claim against an individual club at a match played at Hampden.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Sham69 View Post
    I think the only chance of successfully seeking compensation for damage done to their equipment would be to sue Co-Defenders the SFA and Police Scotland.

They would have no chance of winning a claim against an individual club at a match played at Hampden.

GGTTH
    Glasgow Council are considering suing Hibs and Rangers to cover the cost of the LED Advertising Things £800,000

The claim against the council from the company that supplied the led boards looks pretty flimsy (not unlike their hardware) but any case by the council against the clubs is even weaker imo.

It raises the question of why TFC would consider raising action against the council (on the grounds of ancient bylaws) rather than the organisation that contracted them in the first place and ultimately failed to ensure the hardware survived the event they organised. Maybe to protect future contracts perhaps? Or maybe the wording of the contract that the SFA signed protects them from any liability for damage caused by supporters?

Either way, this weeks outcome of disciplinary action against the clubs leaves the SFA more exposed than Hibs are. I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Glasgow Council are considering suing Hibs and Rangers to cover the cost of the LED Advertising Things £800,000
    I am certain the court of session would not in a million years hold either individual club liable for fans entering the field of play and damaging equipment.

Liability for securing the perimeter of the pitch and field of play will most probably rest with the SFA and Police Scotland.

Both individual clubs would have been required to hire their own security to police the perimeter of the pitch if liability for securing the perimeter of the pitch had fallen upon them.

I put it the SFA private security and Police Scotland were liable for securing the perimeter of the pitch and field of play and any proceedings would name them both as Co-Defenders.

Maybe someone in the Council just wants to noise The Rangers up

A piece by Brodies the lawyers following the riots in England a while ago and how that would work in Scotland.

http://www.brodies.com/node/1668
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    A piece by Brodies the lawyers following the riots in England a while ago and how that would work in Scotland.

http://www.brodies.com/node/1668

That explains the claim against Glasgow City Council.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Very true though
    "you do know that your club voted against strict liability and that Hibernian voted in favour of it"

Is this true?

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    "you do know that your club voted against strict liability and that Hibernian voted in favour of it"

Is this true?
    Pretty sure we voted against it.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    It was a secret vote and only a handful of clubs were in favour. I would guess these 'for' clubs are lower league.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post

Is this true?
    I was always of the understanding we were one of 5 clubs voting for it.
    Space to let