hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

NHC - Sam has been a naughty boy

Bit naive ... but loving the advert. Sure this will help harmony in the camp ahead of the Scotland match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Allardyce will presumably be out the door then. Hopefully the disruption shows when we come to play them.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Haven't read the story but the English press always seem to make it their mission to get the England manager sacked as quickly as possible.

No matter who the England manager is, they will beat us.

It's what happens.

Scotlands' national side

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    I am sure he has been at it for years. Although I would have thought now he has the big job he would have put the brakes on, but money seems to be a big motivation for him.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haven't read the story but the English press always seem to make it their mission to get the England manager sacked as quickly as possible.
    Utter crap.

In recent history, it's the poverty of ability/corruption of those selected for the role which has been primarily responsible for their removal/resignation from the post.

Post Robson (eight years in charge):

Taylor - out of his depth (three years in charge)

Venables - great manager, but sadly a thief (two years) Media darling

Hoddle - "You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap." I think that speaks for itself? (three years) Media darling

Keegan - not up to it tactically by his own admission

Eriksson - reminscent of Fannyhat, a flat-track bully with no plan B. Also seemed to want to **** everything at the FA and beyond (five years) Media darling until people twigged he was just after money and his hole.

McClaren - Please... (one year) Rightly hounded out as an impostor

Capello - finished by the time he turned up at the FA, virtually a mannequin, nonetheless: (four years) - got the least out of the best batch of England players in a generation

Hodgson - again, not up to it, too old but got... (four years)

Allardyce - well known crook and already caught with his pants down (again). The 'media' did not instigate the Telegraph investigation, they were tipped off, and Allardyce's amount of previous made what's to come inevitable.

Might be an idea to read the article, though I can fully understand why you might have little interest in the background of England managers 1990 to date.
    Last edited by magpie1892; 26-09-2016 at 10:27 PM.

He is talked about openly within the game - as are a number of high profile managers - as being allegedly amenable to "influence"

He will just be one of many worried by this I am sure.

£3m a year he is paid but sheer greed for another £400k snares him in a sting. He deserves all that's coming his way.

I'm not sure what the newspaper thinks it's uncovered. Is he not allowed to do extra work in his free time? Maybe there's something in his contract about that but not sure how a newspaper would know. It seems like they went to the trouble of the 'sting', didn't really get anything but tried to run with a story anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    I'm not sure what the newspaper thinks it's uncovered. Is he not allowed to do extra work in his free time? Maybe there's something in his contract about that but not sure how a newspaper would know. It seems like they went to the trouble of the 'sting', didn't really get anything but tried to run with a story anyway.
    There are rules against things like this, it is a conflict of interest. Henry Winter saying there is going to be an inquest from the FA starting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    He's been telling them how to get around rules his new bosses introduced in 2008. And looking to cash in in the process.

What's he supposed to have done?

not read one thing about what the press are saying, and not really interested. the Mass Media, especially the English version on the sports side do tend to make things up. the current, or the incumbent English football manager tends to suck up to them and their public. the English, well , they all seem to think that they will win the world cup and have a god given right to do so. the whole lot of them need to get their thinking cap on, for at least a season or two and realise that they are paying enormous wages (pretty disgusting imho) to players from all around the globe which makes their top league probably the best. however, the English laddies, who are good at fitba' canny get a game in the top league. Is this not a case for what used to be? a limit on the numbers of foreign players appearing in a match? and from an English point of view, I would include less Scots, Welsh , Irish etc. canny have it aw' ways. getting back to their incumbent, he's a chancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Arantes View Post

It's what happens.

Scotlands' national side
    Right then Pele' that 'll be that then.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    It's the English media (and the England team) who get their managers sacked - the media, in every single tournament, hype England up to be serious contenders. Then the team goes out and proves they're anything but - it's a (pleasant ?) vicious circle !

I blame 1966 - a one-off, never-to-be-repeated chance happening but, for some strange reason, they don't know that !

It's what happens.

Scotlands' national side

You're an odd one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    It's the English media (and the England team) who get their managers sacked - the media, in every single tournament, hype England up to be serious contenders. Then the team goes out and proves they're anything but - it's a (pleasant ?) vicious circle !

I blame 1966 - a one-off, never-to-be-repeated chance happening but, for some strange reason, they don't know that !
    Spot on in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    Utter crap.

In recent history, it's the poverty of ability/corruption of those selected for the role which has been primarily responsible for their removal/resignation from the post.

Post Robson (eight years in charge):

Taylor - out of his depth (three years in charge)

Venables - great manager, but sadly a thief (two years) Media darling

Hoddle - "You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap." I think that speaks for itself? (three years) Media darling

Keegan - not up to it tactically by his own admission

Eriksson - reminscent of Fannyhat, a flat-track bully with no plan B. Also seemed to want to **** everything at the FA and beyond (five years) Media darling until people twigged he was just after money and his hole.

McClaren - Please... (one year) Rightly hounded out as an impostor

Capello - finished by the time he turned up at the FA, virtually a mannequin, nonetheless: (four years) - got the least out of the best batch of England players in a generation

Hodgson - again, not up to it, too old but got... (four years)

Allardyce - well known crook and already caught with his pants down (again). The 'media' did not instigate the Telegraph investigation, they were tipped off, and Allardyce's amount of previous made what's to come inevitable.

Might be an idea to read the article, though I can fully understand why you might have little interest in the background of England managers 1990 to date.
    What a load of ******

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

It's what happens.

Scotlands' national side
    Here,here well said.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    There was a panorama programme which he amongst others featured in and his behaviour was questionable at the time. Think his son is/was an agent.

Are all English football people inherently corrupt?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    There was a panorama programme which he amongst others featured in and his behaviour was questionable at the time. Think his son is/was an agent.

Are all English football people inherently corrupt?
    I remember that, and just how hurt he said he was that people could question his and his sons integrity.

Its well known he's a brown bag man, along with many others. Pondlife perhaps, or maybe he should make a funny story up about a dead man to get that accolade?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    What a load of ******
    The analysis of which manager would you disagree with? With the possible exception of SGE who, unless I'm much mistaken, never lost a tournament game in 90 minutes.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    What a load of ******
    Seemed like a good summary to me, what bits do you think are ********.

Total greed again. Earning £3M a year and trying to cheat the system to make a bit more. Is the extra really going to make that much difference to his life? Utter cretin.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    As a fully paid up member of the Scotland Supporters Club this has made my day. Ingurlund in turmoil 😀
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Total greed again. Earning £3M a year and trying to cheat the system to make a bit more. Is the extra really going to make that much difference to his life? Utter cretin.
    Couldnt agree more you would have thought given Allardyce's limited credentials that he would have thought he won a watch getting the National job. Obviously not.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer man. Utter **** of a guy!

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    The analysis of which manager would you disagree with? With the possible exception of SGE who, unless I'm much mistaken, never lost a tournament game in 90 minutes.
    You are mistaken.

I can't speak for hibee, but I think the criticism was of the attitude/agenda of the English press. That's capable of being considered separately from the actual performance of the England manager and team and I think he/she has a point.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bankers, politicians, fat cat businessmen, football club owners, managers and players. Many of them trying to dodge taxes, circumvent regulations, diddle expenses and generally just being a bunch of self interested greedy ****ers.

If Sam is proven to be breaking third party rules or advising others how to do it and has his snout in the trough then he deserves all that's coming his way.

He's always been involved in shady dealings to do with transfers. England would be better off without him. They should appoint a much younger manager. I suggest the guy at Bournemouth.