hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Portugal Hotels

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Portugal Hotels

Anyone have a recommendation for a decent hotel. I get decent rates through Hilton but not really wanting to stay at Villamoura.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Vilamoura in the summer and I would recommend it.

Why don't you fancy Vilamoura?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Vilamoura in the summer and I would recommend it.

Why don't you fancy Vilamoura?
    It's not really that I don't fancy it,more that I have always stayed in apartments around Albuferra Old town and fancied roughly the same in a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    It's not really that I don't fancy it,more that I have always stayed in apartments around Albuferra Old town and fancied roughly the same in a hotel.
    Oh right.

I've been to the Vilamoura area for the past two summers. Like I said, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza this year which was nice and only about a 10 minute walk down to the marina and very central to lots of amenities.

Last year I stayed at the Tivoli Victoria, which was a far superior hotel to the Crowne Plaza and probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. However the location was rubbish and was almost exclusively set up for golfers. The hotel did put on a free bus which did regular trips throughout each day, to and from the marina, but it wasn't accessible for myself as a wheelchair user so that wasn't any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Oh right.

I've been to the Vilamoura area for the past two summers. Like I said, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza this year which was nice and only about a 10 minute walk down to the marina and very central to lots of amenities.

Last year I stayed at the Tivoli Victoria, which was a far superior hotel to the Crowne Plaza and probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. However the location was rubbish and was almost exclusively set up for golfers. The hotel did put on a free bus which did regular trips throughout each day, to and from the marina, but it wasn't accessible for myself as a wheelchair user so that wasn't any good.
    Yeah I thought that area was mainly set up for golfers, Crowne Plaza location sounds good though,I will have a look. Cheers.

Is renting a flat on short-term an option? There are some good variants reasonably priced https://tranio.com/rent/portugal/lisbon/ 680 $ weekly sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Is renting a flat on short-term an option? There are some good variants reasonably priced https://tranio.com/rent/portugal/lisbon/ 680 $ weekly sounds good
    Nah renting a flat isn't for me.

First Team Breakthrough
    I stayed in epic sana, was a 30min walk along the beach from villamoura and a 7 euro taxi from albufera, it was in a place called falesia, realy quiet little place but the hotel is amazing.