This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Except we've been winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    But we're winning most weeks.
    My point was that 60% possession and +midteens shots looks very dominant during the game. I feel most times at ER the opposition 40% is a generally ineffective kick about until we regain possession :-)
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if he faces any action for his post match hissy fit in the refs face. I'm not so sure he will but I have no doubt at all that if derek mcinnes for example had behaved like that he'd face a ban for it.
    But how can that be ? Souness said of Chapeau La Chatte ... "and I like to think the manager, who seems to be a calm and level-headed human being..."
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 27-09-2016 at 06:15 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    But how can that be ? Souness said of Chapeau La Chatte ... "and I like to think the manager, who seems to be a calm and level-headed human being..."
    Souness is a pxxxk - he wasn't too bad in his Liverpool days but once he signed for the Hun, he brought in to everything that's despicable about them !

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Souness is a pxxxk - he wasn't too bad in his Liverpool days but once he signed for the Hun, he brought in to everything that's despicable about them !
    Mibbe not everything. I'm sure I remember him saying on TV, when he was manager, that he didn't have much truck with the traditional folk songs and that, mentioning that his wife was Catholic.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Mibbe not everything. I'm sure I remember him saying on TV, when he was manager, that he didn't have much truck with the traditional folk songs and that, mentioning that his wife was Catholic.
    He did say that, and brought about a few changes your average hun didn't like but he seemed to toe the line eventually-there was a lot of cash about in those days, other people's as it happens.

He's a bit of a now defunct Glasgow rangers apologist now though

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Like flashing the Vs at the East Enclosure when the deadco fans were singing: 'It's magic you know, rangers and Catholics don't go' when deadco were sniffing around Ray Houghton?

Or when he signed Mo Johnston?

A prick he may be, opinionated and conceited definitely, but to say he bought into the unsavoury elements of deadco's ethos just isn't supported by the facts.

An OF job is always too small for any manager. The incessant bigotry and pettiness corrodes the soul and shrinks the minds of everybody who takes it, in their desperate need to be accepted by stand morons and media sycophants. I suspect Warbs -though probably a bit of a ****bag anyway- is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    Like flashing the Vs at the East Enclosure when the deadco fans were singing: 'It's magic you know, rangers and Catholics don't go' when deadco were sniffing around Ray Houghton?

Or when he signed Mo Johnston?

A prick he may be, opinionated and conceited definitely, but to say he bought into the unsavoury elements of deadco's ethos just isn't supported by the facts.
    He was intent on buying the best no matter what race or religion they were. Unfortunately that goes against the beliefs of most of their fans, including the ones on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Would anyone describe Souness as level headed.

Remember his (first?) match as Rangers player manager at Easter Road? He was sent off and precipitated a riot that saw 22 of the other 23 players on the field booked.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Was listening to the Sportsound podcast from last night on my way into work this morning, and the stats since March for The Rangers don't make good reading (for them, I thought they were great!).

They'd won something like 3 league games, scored a goal or two fewer than they'd conceded, and had similar goals tallies to the likes of Partick and Killie.

I can't remember the stats exactly, but they were broadly as I've put above. Whichever way you look at it, it shows that Warburton is under-performing in line with his budget, is operating a flawed transfer policy, has failed to address glaring deficiencies in the side, and has no answer to dealing with Scottish Cup finals or Scottish Premiership matches.

Long may it continue. I don't think they'll be keen to spend their way out of trouble having over-spent on bad value signings like Hill, Barton, Kranjcar and Garner.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Was listening to the Sportsound podcast from last night on my way into work this morning, and the stats since March for The Rangers don't make good reading (for them, I thought they were great!).

They'd won something like 3 league games, scored a goal or two fewer than they'd conceded, and had similar goals tallies to the likes of Partick and Killie.

I can't remember the stats exactly, but they were broadly as I've put above. Whichever way you look at it, it shows that Warburton is under-performing in line with his budget, is operating a flawed transfer policy, has failed to address glaring deficiencies in the side, and has no answer to dealing with Scottish Cup finals or Scottish Premiership matches.

Long may it continue. I don't think they'll be keen to spend their way out of trouble having over-spent on bad value signings like Hill, Barton, Kranjcar and Garner.
    I don't think they'll be able to spend their way out of trouble. They've bought one player, paid a couple of development fees, promised huge wages to the others. Their chairman is looking for maximum return from minimum investment.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

Remember his (first?) match as Rangers player manager at Easter Road? He was sent off and precipitated a riot that saw 22 of the other 23 players on the field booked.
    Very level headed as that was premeditated according to Chris Woods.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar

Subs booked too?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I don't think they'll be able to spend their way out of trouble. They've bought one player, paid a couple of development fees, promised huge wages to the others. Their chairman is looking for maximum return from minimum investment.
    The chief reason they won't be able to spend their way out of trouble is because the club and the Lying King are both skint.

@hibs.net private member
    Surely must be in line for the Engerland job

First Team Regular
    He's taking a reasonable team and brought in old huddies probably thinking they would stroll the top league, haha.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post

Subs booked too?
    I was in the East and I am sure that I got booked as well.

Oh dear, Warbs is in trouble for his verbal assault on the referee after the Dons game and going to be offered a touch line ban.

Strangley, Record headline isn't "All 4 match officials battered by Warburton".

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Oh dear, Warbs is in trouble for his verbal assault on the referee after the Dons game and going to be offered a touch line ban.

Strangley, Record headline isn't "All 4 match officials battered by Warburton".
    He'd better clean up his act against Hearts or he'll get sent to the new stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    He'd better clean up his act against Hearts or he'll get sent to the new stand.
    Or the John Robertson lounge, with no calor gas

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!

His father was at the game and said he had disgraced his family in his own hometown. I think his brother,Gordon, although a Hertz fan, may have been on Hibs books as a laddie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    His father was at the game and said he had disgraced his family in his own hometown. I think his brother,Gordon, although a Hertz fan, may have been on Hibs books as a laddie.
    Did his brother have a newsagent's shop at the top of Broughton Street?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    You may well be right. Don't know if he still does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Definitely did, used to stop off for a paper on my way to work.

Sir Matt Busby