hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Bread Man

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Short memory

Tavernier free kick at Ibrox against us couple of years ago is one of many dodgy free kicks they have got that allowed them to win games.

Sorry not very respectful bringing that up 😉
    First thing I thought when watching it 😊

2. Log in to remove the advert

Get the impression that he's just been sucked into the myopic narrow minded poisoned viewpoint that one gets when they are associated with any organisation/institution for too long.

When he started out, I think he was being a bit more genuine with his respectfully chats. Now he's believing the Level5 party line..

being to side with Chris Sutton. He's out of his depth

Quote Originally Posted by Highland_Hibee View Post
    Poor The Rangers had a decision go against them that cost them the match. Like every other team ever? We've had a goal that was a foot over the line not given in a local derby before. At least they had a chance of the decision coming to nothing. Unfortunately for them the kick taker decided he was Pirlo for that moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The bleating about this free kick is pathetic. Slomo of the foul here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=vINwF8BguSM

He played the ball but clattered through with his other leg. That's been a stick on foul for about 10 years.

Aberdeen were *****, looked like their cup tie on Thursday caught up with them, but still too much for the New Huns.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I disagree.

Taverniers left leg took out the Aberdeen player from behind, that's how his right foot was able to come round and get the ball.
    Sorry, I have to disagree too. From what I could see his left leg doesn't make contact, it's his knee if at all, and it's after the right leg had made contact with the ball. Never a free kick IMO, but still good Sevco got beat.

It's a sliding tackle from behind. It's about 10 years since that was not a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Sorry, I have to disagree too. From what I could see his left leg doesn't make contact, it's his knee if at all, and it's after the right leg had made contact with the ball. Never a free kick IMO, but still good Sevco got beat.
    All about opinions as they say. His left leg catches Hayes trailing leg almost at the same time as his right comes round to hook the ball. Ref was 5 to 10 yards away and I think he was correct to give the foul.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I'm not sure he actually connects with the ball at all. Looks to me like he kicked The Dons players foot which them makes contact with the ball. In any case who gives a ****. Huns beat again is good news in my book

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Respectfully.
    Is it not wespectfully??

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It's a sliding tackle from behind. It's about 10 years since that was not a foul.

Correct, foul all day, regardless if the ball was touched 1st. That mentality is old hat these days.

Testimonial Due

Exactly - the level of ignorance around this from football pundits, experts amd fans never fails to amaze me.

If you challenge from behind and make any contact, regardleas of playing the ball or not, it will be a foul.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post

He played the ball but clattered through with his other leg. That's been a stick on foul for about 10 years.

Aberdeen were *****, looked like their cup tie on Thursday caught up with them, but still too much for the New Huns.
    Looks a foul in the slow mo :-) **** Sevco

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Correct, foul all day, regardless if the ball was touched 1st. That mentality is old hat these days.
    Some might say its old fanny hat

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post

It's a desperate tackle from behind by a player who is caught out of position time and again due to a mental formation and a fundamental inability to defend.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    It'll be interesting to see if he faces any action for his post match hissy fit in the refs face. I'm not so sure he will but I have no doubt at all that if derek mcinnes for example had behaved like that he'd face a ban for it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if he faces any action for his post match hissy fit in the refs face. I'm not so sure he will but I have no doubt at all that if derek mcinnes for example had behaved like that he'd face a ban for it.
    Nah, it was a respectful s hissy fit so it was.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    If Lennons wee dig at the Brondby assistant ref was worthy of a 5 match ban, then Warburtons tirade is surely worth 10...shame it won't be UEFA looking at it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'm amazed he's getting such an easy ride, his budget is huge compared to the rest of the Premiership (with the obvious exception of Celtc). They should be comfortably in second place on that basis. They're 7th.

Tom English tweeted stats from their last 4 games, they are averaging 59% posession,averaged 16 shots, and have scored 3 goals (1 from open play). Even the possession stats don't stand up as being especially dominant - more ball than their opponents, definitely, but not by a huge degree.

The teams they've faced in that are Hamilton, Killie, Ross County, and Aberdeen. Celtc took 6 goals off Killie at the weekend, by comparison.

I think Warburton might have enough credit in the bank from last season, though I'm not sure how given he never won at Easter Road in the league, or Falkirk. He has no plan B, has signed woefully this summer (Clint Hill, Joey Barton, Philipe Senderos, Kranjcar, and Joe Garner all look like poor value at this stage).

If he's not on a shoogly peg already, it can't be far away.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I'm no Doctor, but I'm pretty sure that the knee is part of the leg?
    ​#PERSEVERED

To be fair Matty our stats are probably very similar and moving from paper to grass 60% is fairly dominant. Even the shots are similar.
    Space to let

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'm amazed he's getting such an easy ride, his budget is huge compared to the rest of the Premiership (with the obvious exception of Celtc). They should be comfortably in second place on that basis. They're 7th.

Tom English tweeted stats from their last 4 games, they are averaging 59% posession,averaged 16 shots, and have scored 3 goals (1 from open play). Even the possession stats don't stand up as being especially dominant - more ball than their opponents, definitely, but not by a huge degree.

The teams they've faced in that are Hamilton, Killie, Ross County, and Aberdeen. Celtc took 6 goals off Killie at the weekend, by comparison.

I think Warburton might have enough credit in the bank from last season, though I'm not sure how given he never won at Easter Road in the league, or Falkirk. He has no plan B, has signed woefully this summer (Clint Hill, Joey Barton, Philipe Senderos, Kranjcar, and Joe Garner all look like poor value at this stage).

Only Ross County and Patrick Thistle have scored fewer goals than the currants. Happy days.

Won't be too long until Old Walter gets the call.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

That is all very negative. Let's look at the positive ..............

Ok, you won.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Foul or not it was a silly challenge to make as he was behind Hayes. Made it pretty easy for the ref to give the free kick.

Perhaps Fannys hat should be looking more at Taverniers defensive side of the game rather than slating the ref.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Im content that it wasnt a foul. Makes the situation more enjoyable to me.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Im content that it wasnt a foul. Makes the situation more enjoyable to me.

Me To

Got a picture in my head of Tavernier with his Calemero hat on
    Foul against me that was not a foul
    Got booked
    They scored the winner against us with the free kick that shouldn't have been.

Its An Injustice

He He He

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    To be fair Matty our stats are probably very similar and moving from paper to grass 60% is fairly dominant. Even the shots are similar.
    But we're winning most weeks.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Except we've been winning.

Blog Entries

It wasn't a sliding tackle, both feet were on the ground when he made the tackle though shortly afterwards Tavernier's back leg came off the ground & it looks to me as if his thigh then caught Hayes' trailing leg. There's no law of the game that precludes either siding tackles or tackles from behind & over the weekend I actually saw several such tackles where play was (correctly) waved on. Having said that if a player makes such a tackle & does make contact either before or after the challenge then you're right that it will almost certainly be a foul. I think that Beaton may have got this right by default though like others I find it's almost sweeter if its a wrong decision!

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Looked very similar to Danny Handling's tackle against The Rangers a couple of seasons ago, got the ball but also took the man from behind...handling got sent off.

GIRUY The Rangers

Left by mutual consent!
    You can virtually guarantee there'll be NO action taken against 'Mr Respect' - the media (predictably) make no mention of it despite the fact that the entire TV audience witnessed the manager of one our biggest clubs screaming 'YOU'RE A FXXXXXG CHEAT' right in the referee's face !

Of course, we all know had that been the manager of any other club (excepting Septic, naturally !) he'd have received his invite to Hampden to face the beaks first thing this morning !