hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good news. Hopefully the certificates will be issued and a new drive to get those who were supporting back in the fold and as many new ones as possible joining.
    Remember the certificate is not automatic, you have to ask for a form to complete once you think you have reached the required level.

I know its voluntary but a wee stall every week given the crowd increases recently might help continue to build the membership.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    I'd like to apologise for the lack of communication the last few weeks from HSL, but an update will be provided later today/tonight explaining all.

GGTTH.
    thanks, good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I know its voluntary but a wee stall every week given the crowd increases recently might help continue to build the membership.
    Sounds like you're offering your services here Andy?

Remember the certificate is not automatic, you have to ask for a form to complete once you think you have reached the required level.

This is something that should be changed IMO. Why don't we automatically send out membership certificates after supporters become full members?

At the moment supporters need to email them, hope that they reply, and then complete a form which we need to scan and email back to them or post it back to HSL before they'll send us our certificate. Supporters making monthly payments shouldn't be inconvenienced, it should be automatically sent out.

I agree about the stalls. If it was well advertised both before the game and at the match it'd make sense to have one in the concourse of all 3 home stands.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar

Thanks never knew that. Will get in touch with them tonight to sort out.
    45 AND RISING

Apology

Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    I'd like to apologise for the lack of communication the last few weeks from HSL, but an update will be provided later today/tonight explaining all.

GGTTH.
    Can I too add my sincere apology for the poor communication of late. There is nothing sinister to report. I have been poorly recently with dreadful back problems that has had a knock on effect to work and other things. Gordon too is just recovering from a shoulder operation. We are both now on the mend and things should get back to normal.

I should add that as a Group of Directors we had already made a decision to take the foot off the pedal for a couple of months. There was a general feeling that supporters were getting a little fed up with our continued pleas for funding particularly at at time when fans already had other demands on their pocket ( two Cup Finals, Season Tickets etc). We just did not want to reach a point where we were pestering people. As previously stated our Club continues to welcome whatever additional funding we can give. Our financial support is valuable and is helping Neil and the Team.

We are just about to transfer another tranche of money to the Club and we will provide an update on that shortly.

Once again, I'm sorry.

Jim Adie
    Director

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Can I too add my sincere apology for the poor communication of late. There is nothing sinister to report. I have been poorly recently with dreadful back problems that has had a knock on effect to work and other things. Gordon too is just recovering from a shoulder operation. We are both now on the mend and things should get back to normal.

I should add that as a Group of Directors we had already made a decision to take the foot off the pedal for a couple of months. There was a general feeling that supporters were getting a little fed up with our continued pleas for funding particularly at at time when fans already had other demands on their pocket ( two Cup Finals, Season Tickets etc). We just did not want to reach a point where we were pestering people. As previously stated our Club continues to welcome whatever additional funding we can give. Our financial support is valuable and is helping Neil and the Team.

We are just about to transfer another tranche of money to the Club and we will provide an update on that shortly.

Once again, I'm sorry.

Jim Adie
    Director
    Hope you and Gordon are back to 100% soon

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    I was paying 18.75 a month when it had been going for a year the payments stopped and i have never received any sort of communication from them. Was quite happy to keep it going if i got my certificate. Seems a bit amateurish and if it is volunteers then maybe the club should look to take some control as it could be raking in more cash with better communication.
    Exactly the same with me

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboco#1 View Post
    Exactly the same happened to me. After paying £18.75 per month for a full year, my payments suddenly stopped being taken from my account. I received no email or anything. Emailed HSL a few weeks ago to try and set them back up again, but no response. No certificate received either, but i'm no too bothered about that I just want my payments set up again and am happy to keep them going for life so long as it benefits Hibs!!!
    Just checked my bank account and the last payment was taken out my account in August, so obviously my payments have stopped, when I was happy to keep contributing for the time being..

Once again, I'm sorry.

Jim Adie
    Director
    Thanks for the update Jim, hope yours and Gordons recoveries go well!

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hope the two of you are getting better Jim.

Your respective health's must come first.

Strikes me though that if an undertaking of this size is entirely reliant on the two of you then we have problems.

You only get one chance at a first impression and it clear that that impression is presently unfavourable.

I wouldn't pretend to understand what is all involved with running HSL but there are guys here dying to continue to contribute who cant and cant get any satisfaction to requests to enable them to do so.

I also think the nonsense of having to apply for a certificate is both overly time consuming for both HSL and the supporter and takes away a bit of the gloss of reaching that milestone for the supporter.

All someone needs to do is reconcile the bank statement with the individual subscriber info and have that countersigned off and its job done when the milestone is reached and the certificate can be issued and received by a grateful supporter like an unexpected tax rebate

Some of the brighter computer literate guys on here or the bounce could probably design an automated process.

Most of the clubs endeavours are well supported by people giving up their time voluntarily to do so and IMO this would be too, if people were asked to get involved to spread the load.

We are certainly missing a trick if there is no system in place to re-contact people whose year is up to ask them to continue.

If they are being allowed to lapse I would hazard a guess that we will have reached or will reach shortly a position where the leavers vastly outstrip new recruits and ongoing revenue to the club will fall.

Finally and I apologise for being critical on this point, the decision not to market HSL on the back of the cup win, despite your comments which I understand, must be up there with the biggest marketing own goals of all time.

People were dying to get involved in anything Hibs following the cup win, and like the shambolic cup winning merchandise that is a huge opportunity wasted forever.
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 28-09-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Hope the two of you are getting better Jim.

Your respective health's must come first.

Strikes me though that if an undertaking of this size is entirely reliant on the two of you then we have problems.

You only get one chance at a first impression and it clear that that impression is presently unfavourable.

I wouldn't pretend to understand what is all involved with running HSL but there are guys here dying to continue to contribute who cant and cant get any satisfaction to requests to enable them to do so.

I also think the nonsense of having to apply for a certificate is both overly time consuming for both HSL and the supporter and takes away a bit of the gloss of reaching that milestone for the supporter.

All someone needs to do is reconcile the bank statement with the individual subscriber info and have that countersigned off and its job done when the milestone is reached and the certificate can be issued and received by a grateful supporter like an unexpected tax rebate

Some of the brighter computer literate guys on here or the bounce could probably design an automated process.

Most of the clubs endeavours are well supported by people giving up their time voluntarily to do so and IMO this would be too, if people were asked to get involved to spread the load.

We are certainly missing a trick if there is no system in place to re-contact people whose year is up to ask them to continue.

If they are being allowed to lapse I would hazard a guess that we will have reached or will reach shortly a position where the leavers vastly outstrip new recruits and ongoing revenue to the club will fall.

Finally and I apologise for being critical on this point, the decision not to market HSL on the back of the cup win, despite your comments which I understand, must be up there with the biggest marketing own goals of all time.

People were dying to get involved in anything Hibs following the cup win, and like the shambolic cup winning merchandise that is a huge opportunity wasted forever.
    Pretty good summing up given the previous comments from unhappy punters on this thread .... and it has to be said punters who appear to be happy to contribute further to HSL but are not getting the support they need or deserve.

The point you make about the cup final is a very good one. In all aspects of taking advantage of the biggest money making opportunity the club has had in a generation they appear to have failed miserably. If proof were needed of what a gift winning the cup was you only have to look at the fact that fans snapped up season tickets in near record numbers even though we are still in the Championship and the fact that walk ups have obviously increased as well.

As a litmus test of what would have been possible that was the one that showed how engaged the fans were in the months following May the 21st, but Hibs appear to have totally missed the boat in the area of merchandise, the delay in issuing the new strip didn't make matters any better, even though the club were not directly responsible for that. The fact that the cup final DVD which was supposed to be available by the end of September as far as I'm aware still hasn't appeared is quite frankly astonishing.

The other thing I wonder about is cup final programmes ...... I don't know how many they print, but I'm willing to bet that there is an SFA owned garage somewhere with a few thousand unsold copies gathering dust ... I'm guessing that they are worth more than their face value to your average Hibby who didn't get one on the day. I wonder if Hibs couldn't have bought the whole lot at cost a couple of days after the game and sold them for £10 a pop in the club shop.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    HSL twitter account still active.

Just re tweeted the Warburton getting charged story
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Pretty good summing up given the previous comments from unhappy punters on this thread .... and it has to be said punters who appear to be happy to contribute further to HSL but are not getting the support they need or deserve.

The point you make about the cup final is a very good one. In all aspects of taking advantage of the biggest money making opportunity the club has had in a generation they appear to have failed miserably. If proof were needed of what a gift winning the cup was you only have to look at the fact that fans snapped up season tickets in near record numbers even though we are still in the Championship and the fact that walk ups have obviously increased as well.

As a litmus test of what would have been possible that was the one that showed how engaged the fans were in the months following May the 21st, but Hibs appear to have totally missed the boat in the area of merchandise, the delay in issuing the new strip didn't make matters any better, even though the club were not directly responsible for that. The fact that the cup final DVD which was supposed to be available by the end of September as far as I'm aware still hasn't appeared is quite frankly astonishing.

The other thing I wonder about is cup final programmes ...... I don't know how many they print, but I'm willing to bet that there is an SFA owned garage somewhere with a few thousand unsold copies gathering dust ... I'm guessing that they are worth more than their face value to your average Hibby who didn't get one on the day. I wonder if Hibs couldn't have bought the whole lot at cost a couple of days after the game and sold them for £10 a pop in the club shop.
    I think you are being hard on the club regarding merchandising. They are at the mercy of suppliers here. With the numbers and timescales involved we are not a huge priority for any company when it comes to producing unique items. Design, retooling, sampling and initial production all take time and money. If you order the wrong quantities you get left with excess stock and take a loss. If you accept poorly designed goods they don't sell and you take a loss. And with regard to the DVD there are contracts to be negotiated with copyright holders before you get near production. They are on a hiding to nothing with the fans and their will always be someone unhappy with their decisions.

Anyway, I Tivo'd the final, I've got a t-shirt and a keychain. Tattoo's a permanent reminder of the glorious day. I'm happy.

Same. Paid £18.75 for a year and then payments stopped.would gladly go again if i get a certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I think you are being hard on the club regarding merchandising. They are at the mercy of suppliers here. With the numbers and timescales involved we are not a huge priority for any company when it comes to producing unique items. Design, retooling, sampling and initial production all take time and money. If you order the wrong quantities you get left with excess stock and take a loss. If you accept poorly designed goods they don't sell and you take a loss. And with regard to the DVD there are contracts to be negotiated with copyright holders before you get near production. They are on a hiding to nothing with the fans and their will always be someone unhappy with their decisions.

Anyway, I Tivo'd the final, I've got a t-shirt and a keychain. Tattoo's a permanent reminder of the glorious day. I'm happy.
    I gave the club a pass on the strip issue, but as I said it didn't help. As for the DVD surely the copyright holders are one or all of the SFA, SKY / BBC, Hibs and Sevco all of whom, with the possible exception of the last one, are well known to Hibs, on good terms with us, and easily contactable.

At this time there's a pile of knock off cup final merchandise available and somebody has already published a book. If you snooze you lose in business and in two days time it will have been 4 full months and more since we won the cup ... excess stock is a risk at any time surely, not enough stock is just as bad I would have thought.

Once again, I'm sorry.

Jim Adie
    Director
    Thanks for the update. Hope you both make a quick and full recovery.

@hibs.net private member

Once again, I'm sorry.

Jim Adie
    Director
    Still no update 7 weeks on from Jim's last post. It's time HSL started communicating again with its members and the wider Hibernian support.

With them making £1.5m a year from their version this is not the time for HSL to lose the place or take their foot off the gas.
    Space to let

I completed payments in the summer and not a word or email about getting a certificate.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    I completed payments in the summer and not a word or email about getting a certificate.
    It's been said a few times before though... To keep costs down certificates aren't automatically created and sent out. You'll (as am I) be on the fully contributed member list and if you do want a certificate then it's simply a case of dropping them an email requesting one.

First Team Breakthrough
    I was paying 18.75 a month when it had been going for a year the payments stopped and i have never received any sort of communication from them. Was quite happy to keep it going if i got my certificate. Seems a bit amateurish and if it is volunteers then maybe the club should look to take some control as it could be raking in more cash with better communication.
    Yeah I did the same, at the end of the year when the payments stopped I contacted them directly, asking where the certificate was, I was sent another form asking me to rejoin.at that point I decided to buy shares through the recent release.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    It's been said a few times before though... To keep costs down certificates aren't automatically created and sent out. You'll (as am I) be on the fully contributed member list and if you do want a certificate then it's simply a case of dropping them an email requesting one.
    Not for me it wasnt. I had no contact from them when I became a full member and had to send a couple of emails to get a reply. I had to then complete and return a form to request my certificate, an inconvenience which paying members shouldnt be put through.

The lack of communication from HSL the last few months has been unacceptable as well.

Membership Certificate

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Waxy

Please feel free to send us a pm with your details and we will be delighted to send you a Membership Application Form. Alternatively please email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

HSL

Waxy

Please feel free to send us a pm with your details and we will be delighted to send you a Membership Application Form. Alternatively please email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

HSL
    Can I ask why after completion of payment you have to apply for membership? Surely this should be automatic

Point answered in post below
    Last edited by Baldy Foghorn; 18-11-2016 at 07:37 AM.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Not for me it wasnt. I had no contact from them when I became a full member and had to send a couple of emails to get a reply. I had to then complete and return a form to request my certificate, an inconvenience which paying members shouldnt be put through.

The lack of communication from HSL the last few months has been unacceptable as well.

BigFranck

Thank you for your comments.

We do appreciate your frustration regarding the completion of a Membership Application Form, we too are frustrated by this.

Can we take the opportunity once again to explain why this happens.

We were given legal advice at the outset that it would be prudent that we have Members make a positive request for Membership ( in the form of an Application ). As well as potential VAT issues there are also issues surrounding the legal status of a Member. We were advised that simply assuming that those paying £225 want to be a Member was not wise and would not stand up to legal scrutiny.

Please note that we do not have any backlog at the moment and as soon as we receive an Application Form it is processed.

HSL

BigFranck

We do appreciate your frustration regarding the completion of a Membership Application Form, we too are frustrated by this.

We were given legal advice at the outset that it would be prudent that we have Members make a positive request for Membership ( in the form of an Application ). As well as potential VAT issues there are also issues surrounding the legal status of a Member. We were advised that simply assuming that those paying £225 want to be a Member was not wise and would not stand up to legal scrutiny.

Please note that we do not have any backlog at the moment and as soon as we receive an Application Form it is processed.

HSL
    Thanks very much for explaining that. I hadn't seen that posted before so was unaware. It does seem strange to me but I wouldn't have a clue about the legal implications of it all.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    That's how it works. I requested one by email; printed it off and sent it back. Certificate arrived a week or so later.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

BigFranck

HSL
    I paid my full year of contributions and was, simply, sent another form to continue paying. What I would like, please, is a certificate confirming my membership of HSL!!

Thanks folks. I'll get it sorted over the weekend.