hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure why some people on this thread are being so smug towards you personally about it. Firstly, there's nae need to delight in "getting it round" a fellow hibee (and long time poster) like yourself who contributes a lot of good stuff to the board - that's pretty pathetic tbh - and second, whilst we could have faced much worse, as you said, every penny of the significant amount of money we just spent on a top level lawyer to defend us (plus other bills connected to this) is money that wasn't spent on the team or other more important things.

Am I glad? - yes, delighted. Am I going to laugh at other posters who were worried our club might suffer a heavy fine? - no. And neither should anyone else. Imo.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Relieved that the GFA never got to give us the hammering they and their hun friends wanted to because their own rules made it impossible, mainly because it wasn't actually that clear what the rules intended or how a club could possibly comply / defend itself.
    Happy that common sense has prevailed and the knee jerkers are unable to get on their high horse and criticise thousands of exuberant Hibees.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big90inOz View Post

Well said, there are too many who glory in seeing posters get something wrong. Thankfully they are always 100% correct and factual in everything they post and do in life...............................
    Welcome to the Internet...

For the kids out there it wasn't always like that. And there was a time when trolling hadn't been introduced.

Glad the verdict was favourable. I do think people need to be accountable for their actions and where there is criminal activity warrants Police scrutiny. I am saddened that the narrative of our most joyous of days was hijacksoned - if there was any intent on "spoiling" of the day that was it.
    #HeFailedAgaintTho
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Not laughing at anyone who was worried.

I'm laughing at scoopyboy for telling us it was going to be 'financially crippling'.
    I'm laughing too SOL, mightily relieved.

I don't know if Hibs will make it known what they paid in legal fees and for the damage to the SFA but it is a substantial amount.

A fine on top of that would not have been nice.

Not sure why some people on this thread are being so smug towards you personally about it. Firstly, there's nae need to delight in "getting it round" a fellow hibee (and long time poster) like yourself who contributes a lot of good stuff to the board - that's pretty pathetic tbh - and second, whilst we could have faced much worse, as you said, every penny of the significant amount of money we just spent on a top level lawyer to defend us (plus other bills connected to this) is money that wasn't spent on the team or other more important things.

Am I glad? - yes, delighted. Am I going to laugh at other posters who were worried our club might suffer a heavy fine? - no. And neither should anyone else. Imo.
    Occupational hazard of posting information on an internet forum GG.

I would rather post info and be wrong than post nothing and just take pot shots at other peoples info.

In this instance I am over the moon about getting this one wrong (never been happier to get something wrong in fact) in terms of a fine but the legal costs are still a blow.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    The company I work for are employing a top lawyers firm at the moment. I process their bills. They charge by the minute, responding to an email, took 12 minutes, cost £160. That isn't even their top rate (partner) which is £240 for 12 minutes. Now imagine the time and the team of lawyers that have worked in this for Hibs and you can maybe guess what the legal bill has cost us. It will not be insignificant.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar

Well said.

I've donated (although I wasn't in the pitch, I was in the stand engaged in what has been described by witnesses as 'very dignified crying').

Some people are and continue to be utter dicks on this forum. The snide continue to be snide. Thankfully it doesnt stop the more mature posters from contributing.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Some people are and continue to be utter dicks on this forum. The snide continue to be snide. Thankfully it doesnt stop the more mature posters from contributing.
    Thank you.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

Well said Sir.

Just because we escaped a fine doesn't detract from the fact that the whole saga will have cost the Club a great deal in terms of financial resources, staff time and unwanted/undeserved bad publicity.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    The amount of angst it has caused the hun hordes seems like it was money well spent.
    The last minute winner and pitch invasion was and will always be in Hibs history as our finest hour glad i was able to participate.
    45 AND RISING

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Occupational hazard of posting information on an internet forum GG.

I would rather post info and be wrong than post nothing and just take pot shots at other peoples info.

In this instance I am over the moon about getting this one wrong (never been happier to get something wrong in fact) in terms of a fine but the legal costs are still a blow.
    You had me worried mate, precisely because you have a good track record.

Without defending you too much, because im sure you dont need it, your point will still be valid that Hibs will, im sure, have kept back a contingency, so even if we can now release those funds for other things, it still probably hampered our summer transfer activity and therefore the team. And of course the expensive lawyers will need paid.
    Last edited by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy; 29-09-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    The amount of angst it has caused the hun hordes seems like it was money well spent.
    The last minute winner and pitch invasion was and will always be in Hibs history as our finest hour glad i was able to participate.
    Agreed, what's done is done. The pitch invasion has cost the club a lot of time and money dealing with the aftermath but there's no point trying to cherry-pick the best bits of 21 May in some vein hope of constructing the perfect day. This is Hibs, and it was perfect. Overall, the club has benefited massively from it.

At the time, I was worried about the outcome but looking back now all it has done it keep that great day in the media and top of mind. Still can't believe we did it

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Another scoop, was it?

Or maybe it was just a 'done deal'.
    Snidey?

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    The last minute winner would have been our finest hour anyway.

It's the same " mature posters" that spout p*sh on this thinking they know all the ins and outs when they know bugger all. Then if you criticise them your post gets deleted or you get chucked off the forum. Same posters same rubbish each day and when you disagree your ridiculed, its boring. yet if some new poster gets something wrong they are lambasted.

Ps why do posters keep on saying "I wasn't on the pitch" but I donated? Well good for you, congratulations .Who cares if you were on the pitch or not the case has been dealt with.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 29-09-2016 at 10:39 AM.

I'd hope people will still put their hands in their pockets and help the HSA reach the target to hand over to Hibs.

As has been said the club will still have incurred significant costs as a result of events at Hampden in May. I wasn't on the pitch but enjoyed the spectacle so was happy to chuck into the pot. Many of those on the pitch described the moment as 'priceless', with that in mind it stands to reason it's worth a spare £5 or £10 to help out regardless of whether you deliberately caused damage or otherwise?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'd hope people will still put their hands in their pockets and help the HSA reach the target to hand over to Hibs.

As has been said the club will still have incurred significant costs as a result of events at Hampden in May. I wasn't on the pitch but enjoyed the spectacle so was happy to chuck into the pot. Many of those on the pitch described the moment as 'priceless', with that in mind it stands to reason it's worth a spare £5 or £10 to help out regardless of whether you deliberately caused damage or otherwise?
    Indeed... this whole thread seems to have gone off the rails :-(

In really simple terms Hibs have paid £4000 odd to cover damage at hampden

The question is ... "do you want to help minimise the impact directly on the club"

Making a payment isnt helping those who went on the pitch, it helps the club!

That said, if you did indeed go on then id say making a payment is a GOOD IDEA!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    It's the same " mature posters" that spout p*sh on this thinking they know all the ins and outs when they know bugger all. Then if you criticise them your post gets deleted or you get chucked off the forum. Same posters same rubbish each day and when you disagree your ridiculed, its boring. yet if some new poster gets something wrong they are lambasted.
    For a bit balance it's also the same 'mature posters' and a lot of the newer ones as well I'd add who have kept the site going over the years by paying for private membership, who have given their time and money to support charities such as Leith Links and the Dnipro Appeal, who have offered moral support to their fellow fans in need, who have supported competitions, sponsorships, initiatives etc we have run to allow us to spend over £65000 with the club in various ways........

It's easy to pick up on the negative sometimes and ignore the positive.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Well said pretty

Ps why do posters keep on saying "I wasn't on the pitch" but I donated? Well good for you, congratulations .Who cares if you were on the pitch or not the case has been dealt with.
    Just name them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    For a bit balance it's also the same 'mature posters' and a lot of the newer ones as well I'd add who have kept the site going over the years by paying for private membership, who have given their time and money to support charities such as Leith Links and the Dnipro Appeal, who have offered moral siupport to their fellow fans in need, who have supported competitions, sponsorships, initiatives etc we have run to allow us to spend over £65000 with the club in various ways........

It's easy to pick up on the negative sometimes and ignore the positive.
    I'm not questioning their charitable generosity, I'm questioning their input to discussions, same drivel just a different day. It's like they have an inferior complex that as if somehow they are more connected to hibs than others its ridiculous
    Last edited by pacoluna; 29-09-2016 at 11:17 AM.

I'm not questioning their charitable generosity, I'm questioning their input to discussions, same drivel just a different day. It's like they have an inferior complex that as if somehow they are more hibs than others its ridiculous
    Give it a rest. If you don't like the forum and its members then there are plenty of other places you can post uplifting gems like this. I wouldn't hang out somewhere I had such obvious contempt for.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Just name them then.
    Wouldn't that be against the forum rules??

Whilst I wouldn't have made the point in the same manner, it is still a valid one.

Not having a go at you at all but when some of us were saying that nothing would come from the investigations we were shot down by those saying we would definitely get a hefty fine.

Only seems fair to be able to come back and say told you so

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Wouldn't that be against the forum rules??

Whilst I wouldn't have made the point in the same manner, it is still a valid one.

Not having a go at you at all but when some of us were saying that nothing would come from the investigations we were shot down by those saying we would definitely get a hefty fine.

Only seems fair to be able to come back and say told you so
    No sure if it's against forum rules or not to be honest.

I was more of the name the posters that slaver pish day in day out so it helps those posters that are unsure of their identities.

I've no gripe with you or anyone else saying told you so.

I expected a punishment from the SFA and posted as much, so yes I was wrong. However if you read back my posts my other point was that it was costing Hibs a fortune in legal costs and I stand by that. It could be argued though that it was money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Give it a rest. If you don't like the forum and its members then there are plenty of other places you can post uplifting gems like this. I wouldn't hang out somewhere I had such obvious contempt for.
    About as uplifting as all the doom merchants who days after the final were calling those who ran on the pitch everything under sun and blaming them/us for the "major" financial implications that would be coming our way.

About as uplifting as all the doom merchants who days after the final were calling those who ran on the pitch everything under sun and blaming them/us for the "major" financial implications that would be coming our way.
    Well maybe you could challenge them without the insults. Even with a bit of humour?

Not really true though is it?

There were a few who were vocally against the pitch invasion, a few who were very supportive of it and a vast majority who pointed out they weren't on the pitch but understood why some chose to be.

And like it or not those on the pitch are to blame for the costs Hibs have incurred which, applying common sense, will still be relatively high. That's not calling anyone names, just being realistic.

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure about the technicalities or legal aspect of what I'm about to suggest but,,,,,, could Hibs not sue the SFA for legal fees?

If the SFA's own rules state we were not to blame as our legal team proved could we not sue them under ( let's say negligence on their part) for actually accusing and charging us with something that could never be proven guilty for under their own rules???

Not sure if this could be done or not but I'd find it highly amusing if we did and won......

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    It could be argued though that it was money well spent.
    Have a read of the Hearts or Rangers forums - worth every penny!!