Great, more handbags.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great, more handbags.
    😁

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Couldn't give a **** to be honest, just awaiting indryref2.
    You’ve got the EU elections coming up soon in France so something to keep you going whilst you wait.

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    It looks like the Labour councillors in Falkirk have just joined the Tories to oust the minority SNP administration. I wonder if Richard will have a word?
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    Congratulations!......Probably!
    I suppose it's to be expected these days with Labour in cahoots with the Tories, all over Scotland. I see they elected a Tory as Provost in Midlothian the other week.

Radical Richard will have something to say about it, nae doubt. Just like the Aberdeen councillors.

SCOTLAND CAN.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    This has been something that has been annoying me for a while. Corbyn and most of his supporters are on the side of the Palestinians. They therefore disagree with the policies of the Israeli government. After you add in a few ultra left wing members, suddenly you get accusations of anti semitism. I don’t believe they’re anti semites, they’re pro Palestine .

GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This has been something that has been annoying me for a while. Corbyn and most of his supporters are on the side of the Palestinians. They therefore disagree with the policies of the Israeli government. After you add in a few ultra left wing members, suddenly you get accusations of anti semitism. I don’t believe they’re anti semites, they’re pro Palestine .
    I'm pro-Palestine but not anti-semitic. The same cannot be said for the Labour lot. Corbyn himself supported a clearly anti-semitic mural being kept up...

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Corbyn himself has acknowledged that there is an anti-Semitism problem in the Labour party which needs addressed.

Also, the Board of Deputies of British Jews, and the Jewish Leadership Council have complained about it. I'm guessing they're a better judge of the matter than we are.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Corbyn himself has acknowledged that there is an anti-Semitism problem in the Labour party which needs addressed.

Also, the Board of Deputies of British Jews, and the Jewish Leadership Council have complained about it. I'm guessing they're a better judge of the matter than we are.
    They balance it out with freezing out Asian members in Glasgow. I'm sure the court of session will have something to say about the racism in the party.

SCOTLAND CAN.

I was at a discussion event tonight in London about the future of Labour and I was left with an overwhelming feeling that wew are in a protracted period of political stalemate. Something may give to change things very fast but I’m not sure that’s in the control of either major party.

Extremism may well grow to fill the void unless one of the main parties can appeal to a broader constituion. Echoes of Weimar?

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    I was at a discussion event tonight in London about the future of Labour and I was left with an overwhelming feeling that wew are in a protracted period of political stalemate. Something may give to change things very fast but I’m not sure that’s in the control of either major party.

Extremism may well grow to fill the void unless one of the main parties can appeal to a broader constituion. Echoes of Weimar?
    Rees Mogg just needs a wee Adolf tache and we’re good to go ...

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Rees Mogg just needs a wee Adolf tache and we’re good to go ...
    ..... and find him a suitable bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    ..... and find him a suitable bunker.
    Don't you mean a secret plane to Argentina?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

It seems Jezza's bubble has burst, as his approval rating slumps, and, Labour Live has to be propped up by unite and co, due to lack of appetite.

The Tories are running him ragged in England, whilst they remain third and falling in Scotland. 😲

SCOTLAND CAN.

Blog Entries
    It seems Jezza's bubble has burst, as his approval rating slumps, and, Labour Live has to be propped up by unite and co, due to lack of appetite.

The Tories are running him ragged in England, whilst they remain third and falling in Scotland. 😲
    Are Labour still 3rd in Scottish polling? Leonard has done nothing to help them if that's the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Stranraer View Post
    Are Labour still 3rd in Scottish polling? Leonard has done nothing to help them if that's the case...
    Yup.

SCOTLAND CAN.

@hibs.net private member

The Tories are running him ragged in England, whilst they remain third and falling in Scotland.
    The Survation poll gives Labour some hope in England but really if they can’t get in front of the Tories now what chance does Jezza ever have?

And the last poll I saw for Scotland for Westminster forecast ONE Labour MP from Scotland! Wow.

Their Scottish Parliament polling was hardly great either but did show at least some stability...albeit stable in 3rd place.

Blog Entries
    Labour haven't been ahead in a British poll since the 12th of April and even then it was by one point. If we had an effective opposition they should be miles ahead of this government.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    The Survation poll gives Labour some hope in England but really if they can’t get in front of the Tories now what chance does Jezza ever have?

And the last poll I saw for Scotland for Westminster forecast ONE Labour MP from Scotland! Wow.

Their Scottish Parliament polling was hardly great either but did show at least some stability...albeit stable in 3rd place.
    To do so he needs broader appeal. He doesn’t have broad appeal.

CON: 44% (+2)
    LAB: 37% (-2)
    LDEM: 8% (-1)
    UKIP: 3% (-)
    GRN: 3% (+1)

via @YouGov, 04 - 05 Jun
    Chgs w/ 29 May

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    To do so he needs broader appeal. He doesn’t have broad appeal.
    He doesn’t have broad appeal but neither does he have the appearance of competence.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar

via @YouGov, 04 - 05 Jun
    Chgs w/ 29 May
    FFS!

You can trace Labours downfall all the way to picking the wrong Millaband.

Yes they are back to their roots, but the game has shifted. Combined with a hostile media, and they are facing an uphill battle. This all in the backdrop of a paralysed Tory minority Government.

J

via @YouGov, 04 - 05 Jun
    Chgs w/ 29 May
    Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    FFS!

You can trace Labours downfall all the way to picking the wrong Millaband.

Yes they are back to their roots, but the game has shifted. Combined with a hostile media, and they are facing an uphill battle. This all in the backdrop of a paralysed Tory minority Government.

J
    Yet it's funny that both May and Corbyn picked up on his policies as vote-winners.

Ed Miliband had the balls to publicly challenge Rupert Murdoch and Paul Dacre and the energy cartels. You will be hard-put to find an elected representative who has done similar.

And he stopped us going to war in Syria in the same way we did in Iraq, in tune with the majority of the public.

This will maybe find negative responses but he was miles ahead of May or Corbyn.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Scottish Labour's leader Richard Leonard is appearing ever more impressive especially at First Minister's Questions when Sturgeon had no answer to his calls for the hapless and inept Snp health minister Shona Robison to resign as per her shocking performance in this vital position.

Sturgeon's very limp reply was to accuse Mr Leonard of being 'political'.

Err...Sturgeon if your'e not used to politicians being 'political' which is of hugely significant importance in the field of err....politics then maybe its you who should resign along with the rest of what's being shown to be a not fit for purpose government you lead.

Sturgeon appears to have given up literally and calls upon her direct opponents in the political field to stop playing politics.....incredulous.

The Snp are completely out of touch and the likes of Scottish Labour's leader Richard Leonard are coming to the fore by directly 'politically' challenging them and he is demonstrating a wise choice when voted in to lead Scottish Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Scottish Labour's leader Richard Leonard is appearing ever more impressive especially at First Minister's Questions when Sturgeon had no answer to his calls for the hapless and inept Snp health minister Shona Robison to resign as per her shocking performance in this vital position.

Sturgeon's very limp reply was to accuse Mr Leonard of being 'political'.

Err...Sturgeon if your'e not used to politicians being 'political' which is of hugely significant importance in the field of err....politics then maybe its you who should resign along with the rest of what's being shown to be a not fit for purpose government you lead.

Sturgeon appears to have given up literally and calls upon her direct opponents in the political field to stop playing politics.....incredulous.

The Snp are completely out of touch and the likes of Scottish Labour's leader Richard Leonard are coming to the fore by directly 'politically' challenging them and he is demonstrating a wise choice when voted in to lead Scottish Labour.

Robison is a complete and utter failure and has been for a while. It's difficult for Sturgeon given she held that role herself and she was a failure then too.

Part of the problem is that health and social care isn't really headline stuff - delayed discharge or waiting on a home care package doesn't sound like a big deal, until it's you or your parent, grandparent or some significant other who is affected. Then it becomes personal.

And with that it becomes really clear that the system is a mess and in some parts of the country it's a shambles, bordering on negligence.

I've not heard Leonard offer any real solutions though. Or for that matter, any politician.

It's time to stop the excuses. Sturgeon and Robison need to acknowledge their failures, opposition pols need to admit they don't have a magic bullet and there needs to be some way of finding an objective and realistic way of dealing with massive and ongoing increases in demand, set against constraints or reductions in resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Robison is a complete and utter failure and has been for a while. It's difficult for Sturgeon given she held that role herself and she was a failure then too.

Part of the problem is that health and social care isn't really headline stuff - delayed discharge or waiting on a home care package doesn't sound like a big deal, until it's you or your parent, grandparent or some significant other who is affected. Then it becomes personal.

And with that it becomes really clear that the system is a mess and in some parts of the country it's a shambles, bordering on negligence.

I've not heard Leonard offer any real solutions though. Or for that matter, any politician.

It's time to stop the excuses. Sturgeon and Robison need to acknowledge their failures, opposition pols need to admit they don't have a magic bullet and there needs to be some way of finding an objective and realistic way of dealing with massive and ongoing increases in demand, set against constraints or reductions in resources.
    The answer's most certainly not to retain the failure's Sturgeon and Robison Snp etc to continue on their now very transparent botch job.

Labour are the architects of the NHS and their Scottish leader Richard Leonard is holding the Snp failings to account which is an excellent achievement for the NHS is of the utmost importance and we just shouldn't have a Health Secretary whose failed in their position retained there solely because of their closeness to the Snp leader Sturgeon which is exactly what it looks like and was what the impressive Mr Leonard was alluding to.

@hibs.net private member

Who or what would be qualified to prescribe the solution? (Assuming of course the problem has been fully understood in the first place...)

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Who or what would be qualified to prescribe the solution? (Assuming of course the problem has been fully understood in the first place...)
    I've said before that it needs something like a Royal Commission. Composed of academics who work in this field, clinicians, senior social work and social care people (including from the private and voluntary sector), people who use services or care for those who do and data analysts who can understand and articulate how resources get used, both financial and non-financial. They would map out the different options for fixing a broken system and assemble the pros and cons.

There's no shortage of people who understand the problem or elements of it. Then you need someone with the guts to say some of the unpopular things that need saying. Most politicians would shirk that hence why an independent chair of a Royal Commission seems the only answer.

I've said before that it needs something like a Royal Commission. Composed of academics who work in this field, clinicians, senior social work and social care people (including from the private and voluntary sector), people who use services or care for those who do and data analysts who can understand and articulate how resources get used, both financial and non-financial. They would map out the different options for fixing a broken system and assemble the pros and cons.

There's no shortage of people who understand the problem or elements of it. Then you need someone with the guts to say some of the unpopular things that need saying. Most politicians would shirk that hence why an independent chair of a Royal Commission seems the only answer.
    What we need is a Scottish government of politicians who're actually competent. Its obvious Shona Robison is simply not able to cope with the task and Sturgeon is demonstrating extreme weakness or doesn't care if NHS Scotland implodes by failing to replace the hapless Robison and it appears all they care about is their single issue of holding yet another breakaway referendum just a few years after the last one when Scotland voted against it.

Richard Leonard of Scottish Labour is showing he's very capable at holding the Snp to account for their obvious failures and hopefully the good folk of Scotland who depend upon NHS Scotland are becoming aware of the fine job he's doing as opposition leader and vote in a party that is up to the task of ensuring good honest governmental management.