hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 1000
  1. #541
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is he not a Raith Rovers 'supporter', oh wait
    Aye, but his favourite goal was for the Pars.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #542
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reminds me a bit of Kenneth Williams. I'm not judging him on appearance though when I wonder how he can possibly be the best that Scottish Labour have got to offer.
    I would love to hear Kenneth Williams doing Prime Ministers Questions!

  4. #543
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    29,289
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43367511





    Mrs Abrahams said she had been victim to "aggressive, intimidating and wholly unprofessional" treatment by "certain individuals in the leader's office" over the last 10 months.



    dear debbie, don't be afraid to name names....you could maybe start with the wee bearded terrorist sympathising communist, go on just say it hen, mind don't get the office communists mixed up



    although some claim that she herself is a bit of a bully...
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 12-03-2018 at 03:34 AM.

  5. #544
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    13,429
    Corbyn sacks Owen Smith for calling for a 2nd referendum.

  6. #545
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Corbyn sacks Owen Smith for calling for a 2nd referendum.
    Hilarious stuff. More Labour members voted to Remain than voted for Corbyn as leader. I will happily wager more Labour members would vote Remain in a second referendum. Still, he gets to indulge his 1970s/80s tropes
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  7. #546
    @hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Corbyn sacks Owen Smith for calling for a 2nd referendum.
    Shadow NI secretary expresses concern for the region and the GF agreement ahead of Brexit and calls for a rethink... and gets sacked. Even allowing for the party line aspect that's a pretty good indicator right there of why the labour party are a good distance from being electable just now despite the weakness and utter ridiculousness of the DUP propped Tory government.

    It's just so sad all round that pretty much anyone with any measurable influence seems determined to shoot themselves in the foot and/or slit the throat of anyone who wants to bring some sanity to this utter madness.
    Last edited by Mr White; 23-03-2018 at 09:39 PM.

  8. #547
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Corbyn sacks Owen Smith for calling for a 2nd referendum.
    I’m astonished that twat was in the shadow cabinet.

  9. #548
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shadow NI secretary expresses concern for the region and the GF agreement ahead of Brexit and calls for a rethink... and gets sacked. Even allowing for the party line aspect that's a pretty good indicator right there of why the labour party are a good distance from being electable just now despite the weakness and utter ridiculousness of the DUP propped Tory government.

    It's just so sad all round that pretty much anyone with any measurable influence seems determined to shoot themselves in the foot and/or slit the throat of anyone who wants to bring some sanity to this utter madness.


    There's a lot of self-indulgence going on just now from people in different parties. I find the phrase 'lunatics running the asylum' a bit distasteful but the sentiment of it captures where we are just now.

    As for Smith, it's yet another example of Corbyn's sheer hypocrisy. He made a principle of voting against his party on hundreds of occasions but happily accepted all the support, finance and resourcing that came from being a Labour MP, especially when it came to re-election. Not so keen on comrades voicing disagreement now though.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  10. #549
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    There's a lot of self-indulgence going on just now from people in different parties. I find the phrase 'lunatics running the asylum' a bit distasteful but the sentiment of it captures where we are just now.

    As for Smith, it's yet another example of Corbyn's sheer hypocrisy. He made a principle of voting against his party on hundreds of occasions but happily accepted all the support, finance and resourcing that came from being a Labour MP, especially when it came to re-election. Not so keen on comrades voicing disagreement now though.
    Corbyn was never in the shadow cabinet though.

    Don’t get me wrong I agree with Smith 100% on this particular issue.

    J

  11. #550
    @hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m astonished that twat was in the shadow cabinet.
    The way things are heading people will be dying in the streets of Northern Ireland in numbers again before too long. Smith wouldn't have been doing his job if he'd ignored that elephant in the room. It's a shame so many of his colleagues seem content to treat that as an inevitably.

  12. #551
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m astonished that twat was in the shadow cabinet.
    I agree, he's spectacularly bad. However, I'm not happy at the implication that the sacking gives about the Party's Brexit position. A bad decision. Edit, or maybe a good decision for a bad reason.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 23-03-2018 at 10:13 PM.

  13. #552
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The way things are heading people will be dying in the streets of Northern Ireland in numbers again before too long. Smith wouldn't have been doing his job if he'd ignored that elephant in the room. It's a shame so many of his colleagues seem content to treat that as an inevitably.
    I'll admit to not having an in-depth knowledge but Smith seemed to have a degree of respect from all communities in Northern Ireland, which few ministers or shadow ministers could really claim over the decades - does that sound reasonable?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  14. #553
    @hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll admit to not having an in-depth knowledge but Smith seemed to have a degree of respect from all communities in Northern Ireland, which few ministers or shadow ministers could really claim over the decades - does that sound reasonable?
    It does sound reasonable but tbh I don't know much about his rep over here. From what I've read recently though I think he was spot on in the comments that lead to his removal from the shadow cabinet.

  15. #554
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shadow NI secretary expresses concern for the region and the GF agreement ahead of Brexit and calls for a rethink... and gets sacked. Even allowing for the party line aspect that's a pretty good indicator right there of why the labour party are a good distance from being electable just now despite the weakness and utter ridiculousness of the DUP propped Tory government.

    It's just so sad all round that pretty much anyone with any measurable influence seems determined to shoot themselves in the foot and/or slit the throat of anyone who wants to bring some sanity to this utter madness.
    And that is exactly the problem b. Anyone who decides to take up a position for the greater good in British politics is either whipped into line or slapped down. It’s not about who you know, it’s about who you add up to.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  16. #555
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,756
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, he's spectacularly bad. However, I'm not happy at the implication that the sacking gives about the Party's Brexit position. A bad decision. Edit, or maybe a good decision for a bad reason.
    I voted in the last leadership challenge but, as much as I think Corbyn is preventing Labour putting a meaningful challenge to this diabolical Tory government, Owen was not of a sufficient calibre to replace him.

    I was particularly pissed off with Angela Eagle for lacking the integrity to stand.

  17. #556
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,870
    It looks like the Labour councillors in Falkirk have just joined the Tories to oust the minority SNP administration. I wonder if Richard will have a word?


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  18. #557
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It looks like the Labour councillors in Falkirk have just joined the Tories to oust the minority SNP administration. I wonder if Richard will have a word?
    Congratulations!......Probably!

  19. #558
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Relentlessly incompetant.

    The government is a shambles, with a working majority of only 17 and one of the weakest front benches I've ever known, yet Corbyn can't land a single blow.

    He goes from gaff to gaff, but refuses to bugger off and let someone capable take the reins.

    As you say, it's utterly depressing.
    This is not meant to be a cheeky question but, is there someone available to take up the reins who IS capable?

  20. #559
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,515
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is not meant to be a cheeky question but, is there someone available to take up the reins who IS capable?
    Everyone in the Labour party is keeping their heads down so I have no idea who is competent or otherwise.

    But you've quoted a post I made over a year ago so maybe I had someone in mind then.

    However, my point is still valid. Labour should be miles in front of the Tories yet they're still lagging behind.

    Why's that?

  21. #560
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    10,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone in the Labour party is keeping their heads down so I have no idea who is competent or otherwise.

    But you've quoted a post I made over a year ago so maybe I had someone in mind then.

    However, my point is still valid. Labour should be miles in front of the Tories yet they're still lagging behind.

    Why's that?
    Because politics in England has taken a huge leap to the right.

  22. #561
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    16,407
    You’d think that after 19 pages, the irony would become apparent.

    I’m not sure anyone who has contributed within the last two pages (apart from maybe one poster) has anything to do with the future of the Labour Party.

    Plenty of people who are scared of what might happen though. Needlessly scared.

  23. #562
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You’d think that after 19 pages, the irony would become apparent.

    I’m not sure anyone who has contributed within the last two pages (apart from maybe one poster) has anything to do with the future of the Labour Party.

    Plenty of people who are scared of what might happen though. Needlessly scared.
    Scared of what?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  24. #563
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You’d think that after 19 pages, the irony would become apparent.

    I’m not sure anyone who has contributed within the last two pages (apart from maybe one poster) has anything to do with the future of the Labour Party.

    Plenty of people who are scared of what might happen though. Needlessly scared.
    Its like an old boyfriend at the bar, desperately trying to persuade everyone that his ex is actually really ugly and stupid, again and again and again. The ex has moved on and is happy with her new life. You just wish the pub bore would find someone else who would make him equally happy.

  25. #564
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,755
    The future is bright, the future is ‘free’!

    So more ‘free’ stuff from Labour...this time under 25’s to get ‘free’ bus travel.

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...ree-bus-travel

    To be paid for out of existing taxation so the ‘free’ is of course a total misnomer. Tax payer subsidised would of course be rather more accurate...or in fact funded by debt since the shortfall in the spending the money is currently ear marked for is to be filled with government borrowing.

    Dunno why they just don’t make the whole transport system ‘free’! Over 60’s can travel ‘free’ in a lot of the UK and over 65’s everywhere. Now we have a proposal for under 25’s which only leave the forgotten lot between 25-60 who seem to be assumed not to need ‘free’ travel.

    Then there is the cost...13m saving up to £1,000 = £1.4bn according to Corbynomics.

    Of course Major Khan loves the policy (despite TFL now running a £1bn deficit, not helped by his meddling) claiming the ‘investment’ will do all manner of wonderful things.

  26. #565
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The future is bright, the future is ‘free’!

    So more ‘free’ stuff from Labour...this time under 25’s to get ‘free’ bus travel.

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/11/labour-announces-plan-for-under-25s-to-have-free-bus-travel

    To be paid for out of existing taxation so the ‘free’ is of course a total misnomer. Tax payer subsidised would of course be rather more accurate...or in fact funded by debt since the shortfall in the spending the money is currently ear marked for is to be filled with government borrowing.

    Dunno why they just don’t make the whole transport system ‘free’! Over 60’s can travel ‘free’ in a lot of the UK and over 65’s everywhere. Now we have a proposal for under 25’s which only leave the forgotten lot between 25-60 who seem to be assumed not to need ‘free’ travel.

    Then there is the cost...13m saving up to £1,000 = £1.4bn according to Corbynomics.

    Of course Major Khan loves the policy (despite TFL now running a £1bn deficit, not helped by his meddling) claiming the ‘investment’ will do all manner of wonderful things.
    Free bus travel for under-25s. That's the burning issue of the day isn't it? More hollow pledges from the blessed Jeremy as he looks to keep the youth vote on side, lest they start to realise he's just a rather dull old bloke.

  27. #566
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    13,429
    "I'm Marc Wadsworth, you might have heard of me". Not for a while hopefully.

  28. #567
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love to hear Kenneth Williams doing Prime Ministers Questions!
    Carry on Brexit

    The cast:-

    David Davis- Syd James
    De Pfeffel - Terry Scott
    Michael Gove - Kenneth Williams

  29. #568
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,756
    Big effort from the young Labour activists around the capital but very limited impact.

    Given the lacklustre performances in the HoC by the parliamentary party, the evolution of Labour seems still work in progress!!

    I think we’ve reach peak left wing and the party needs to broaden its appeal.
    Last edited by Colr; 04-05-2018 at 05:14 AM.

  30. #569
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    13,429
    Pretty poor Labour performance in English local elections. This is usually an opportunity for the opposition to win a load of seats due to the public's unhappiness with the Government. No surprise though.

  31. #570
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,515
    When I woke up and saw the Guardian headline " May survives", my heart sank. I've stayed silent about Jeremy Corbyn since the surprising result in the snap election, but that's a terrible result.

    If Labour can't inflict a serious blow during local elections when the Tories are at each others throats, getting defeated 10 times a week in the HoL, their Prime Minister is implicated in an outrageous scandal, and their senior ministers are resigning to protect her, they stand little or no chance if removing them from government in a GE. Ever.

    "Things might change so wait and see" isn't good enough for a football team never mind a political party.

    If people really want the Tories out and Labour to form government, Corbyn must be replaced by a more voter friendly leader.

    I suspect that winning the next general election isn't the priority for many on the left, however. I despair.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 04-05-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved