hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 451 to 479 of 479
  1. #451
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    17,564
    Soap makes water wetter :-)
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #452
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,836
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Soap makes water wetter :-)
    Whisky makes water better

  4. #453
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    9,307
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Soap makes water wetter :-)
    That info will definitely be utterly useless in some areas.

  5. #454
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hot water freezes faster than cold water.
    I've heard that one before, but I don't get it. The change in temperature of a liquid has a set formula involving the volume of the liquid, the energy used, and a constant attributed to what the liquid is (i.e. water). I don't see how any of these would change, we just have a great change in temperature required to get from hot to freezing.
    Mon the Hibs.

  6. #455
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,842
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've heard that one before, but I don't get it. The change in temperature of a liquid has a set formula involving the volume of the liquid, the energy used, and a constant attributed to what the liquid is (i.e. water). I don't see how any of these would change, we just have a great change in temperature required to get from hot to freezing.
    Google it, there are many items posted about it, which don'the explain it that well either.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  7. #456
    @hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Google it, there are many items posted about it, which don'the explain it that well either.
    Not googled it yet but would imagine boiled water is purer so freezes quicker,,,,I do know that boiled water, when frozen, makes excellent ice cubes, they are crystal clear with no flaws or frosting!

  8. #457
    Testimonial Due Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not googled it yet but would imagine boiled water is purer so freezes quicker,,,,I do know that boiled water, when frozen, makes excellent ice cubes, they are crystal clear with no flaws or frosting!
    Which means the original fact was not useless - good work!

  9. #458
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Google it, there are many items posted about it, which don'the explain it that well either.
    Weird one indeed! I'll have to try it myself some time.
    Mon the Hibs.

  10. #459
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,842
    The Caley hotel has the original clock from when a railway station was on that site hanging on the wall in Peacock Alley.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  11. #460
    @hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    My Bit
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,834
    If honey bees were paid minimum wage for their work a jar of honey would cost around 150,000

  12. #461
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    9,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If honey bees were paid minimum wage for their work a jar of honey would cost around 150,000
    Poor little b's

  13. #462
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,851
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    if you google 'askew' your content on the screen will tilt to the right

  14. #463
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,851
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    if you google 'do a barrel roll' your content on the screen does a barrel roll

  15. #464
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,842
    If you google "black google" it turns black.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  16. #465
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,851
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you google "black google" it turns black.
    If googling white Google doesn't turn it white I'm calling a racist protest. #whitelivesmatter

  17. #466
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you google "black google" it turns black.
    Like it! Just type blackl and it'll change :)

  18. #467
    'S' Form
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Embra
    Age
    60
    Posts
    45
    You can't fart and whistle at the same time.

  19. #468
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,842
    Jenners has 11 floors.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  20. #469
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,836
    If you stick a thermometer in water as it freezes into ice the temperature rises.

  21. #470
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,836
    Global warming can only be managed temporarily. Inevitably the earth will warm to a stage where life is impossible.

  22. #471
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    9,307
    Elvis's twin brother's name was Jessie (aka Jesse) Garon Presley. (He was still-born).

  23. #472
    @hibs.net private member Jim Herriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    250
    Keith Allen played the London drug dealer who buys the heroin in Trainspotting and has a case of money. He also appears in Shallow Grave with the same clothes and the same case of money before dying.

  24. #473
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,836
    More than half the people who have ever lived have been killed by mosquitoes.

  25. #474
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,696
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More than half the people who have ever lived have been killed by mosquitoes.
    Don't know where you got that LB but it's not true.

  26. #475
    Testimonial Due Geo_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my Joy Division Oven Gloves
    Posts
    3,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know where you got that LB but it's not true.
    Think that was mentioned in a BBC News report on a new malaria treatment. Sounds a bit far-fetched

  27. #476
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know where you got that LB but it's not true.
    I saw it on a news report, but as you say it doesn't appear to be a proper fact. The report I saw was about Bill Gates and some project he was working on.
    This link suggests however it isn't true, although it is still an absolutely enormous amount of people who have died
    http://factmyth.com/factoids/malaria...ve-ever-lived/

  28. #477
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nearby
    Posts
    823
    You can't sneeze with your eyes open.
    Your thumb is the same length as............ your nose.

    Your forearm is the same length as your foot.
    If you stretch your arms to full length, that's how tall you are.

    Golden ratio.

  29. #478
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    9,307
    Easter Road was so called because it was the east road that led to Leith. Wester Road was what is now Broughton Road & Bonnington Road. This was before Leith Walk was constructed.

  30. #479
    Judges have never used gavels in UK courts.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved