hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: sevco statement

Left by mutual consent! greenteam's Avatar

sevco statement

Was reading the news this morning and yet again spat my coffee all over the dog.
    Are they for real???. They are "disgusted at the hatred and bigotry aimed at them"???.. im actually gobsmacked at the article

2. Log in to remove the advert

They don't do irony at Ibrox 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Pumphyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They don't do irony at Ibrox 😂
    Beat me to it!

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    So they're sticking with the attack is the best form of defence strategy. You'd think watching james tavernier every week would put them off that idea
    Last edited by Mr White; 13-09-2016 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenteam View Post
    Was reading the news this morning and yet again spat my coffee all over the dog.
    Are they for real???. They are "disgusted at the hatred and bigotry aimed at them"???.. im actually gobsmacked at the article
    Doing everything to distract everyone from the result on the pitch

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    They're beginning to look like Hearts under Romanovs stewardship with constant ridiculous statements.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    They're beginning to look like Hearts under Romanovs stewardship with constant ridiculous statements.
    And look how the press lampooned Romanov. Will that happen with the new Rangers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not read the statement but If it's as laughable as I imagine then this is good from our point of view. It's confirming people's suspicions about them being childish losers who lash out when they're hurt and maybe the "Hampden riot" wasn't quite how it was presented to us by Rangers and their pals.

The old saying "give them enough rope" is appropriate here and I bet there are a few people in our camp who are quietly s******ing.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    The difference is that Romanov had a point. One thing he didn't have, like someone else suggested, is lots of friends in the Scottish media.

@hibs.net private member
    We are going to see it all season, they get beat so attack the oppositions fans. They cause trouble wreck the toilets so attack the opposition fans. They sing sectarian bile so attack the opposition fans. They are being run by bigger fools than ever, even Romanvo would not come out with this rubbish.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    It now takes 48 hours to feel insulted these days?

Or that long to find something on social media to feel insulted about?

Seeing Celtic and Rangers fans argue over who behaved worse at the weekend is quite amusing.

It's a bit like Kim Jong-un and Bashar al-Assad campaigning for world leader of the year.

I agree that Rangers do their best to avoid condemnation of their own bigoted traditions, but at the same time rather than just attack these guys, an olive branch could help us all get to a more sensible place.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The difference is that Romanov had a point. One thing he didn't have, like someone else suggested, is lots of friends in the Scottish media.
    Romanov may have had a point (I'm not actually sure!), but his statements were worded in such a way that made very little sense and were, quite rightly, ridiculed by everyone.

As for the Rangers, anyone who even half heartedly follows Scottish football can see through the bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    I agree that Rangers do their best to avoid condemnation of their own bigoted traditions, but at the same time rather than just attack these guys, an olive branch could help us all get to a more sensible place.
    It's too late for that, Sevco have been taken over by the worst elements of their fan base. King is happy for the like of Chris Graham and Traynor to put out all this nonsense because it shields him from criticism and allows him to extract as much cash as possible from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Seeing Celtic and Rangers fans argue over who behaved worse at the weekend is quite amusing.

It's a bit like Kim Jong-un and Bashar al-Assad campaigning for world leader of the year.
    That made me laugh.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Absolute joke and alot of it can be put at the door of supposedly reasonable Rangers men. When Walter Smith came out with a nonsensical statement last season about still being bitter against other clubs then you know you have a problem. Not an ounce of humility about doing anything wrong just the usual noone likes us we dont care mantra. If that was any other team with the array of shysters who have been in that boardroom in the last few years they would be pilloried from pillar to post. The fact that this hasnt happened is that as Alex Thompson C4 journo says they have a disproportionate influence in football and society up here and people who could make a difference lack the moral backbone to do anything and take the easy way out. So this wonderful spectacle is exactly what Scottish football has been missing in the last few years, quite the opposite in fact. Someone please step up and do something about it as this is only going to get uglier.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Absolute joke and alot of it can be put at the door of supposedly reasonable Rangers men. When Walter Smith came out with a nonsensical statement last season about still being bitter against other clubs then you know you have a problem. Not an ounce of humility about doing anything wrong just the usual noone likes us we dont care mantra. If that was any other team with the array of shysters who have been in that boardroom in the last few years they would be pilloried from pillar to post. The fact that this hasnt happened is that as Alex Thompson C4 journo says they have a disproportionate influence in football and society up here and people who could make a difference lack the moral backbone to do anything and take the easy way out. So this wonderful spectacle is exactly what Scottish football has been missing in the last few years, quite the opposite in fact. Someone please step up and do something about it as this is only going to get uglier.
    What worries me is (as posted above)..this looks like escalating into something even worse. Celtic are right not to comment on it as Rankgers
    Seem hell bent on making their fans feel persecuted. Which will cause violence and even more hatred towards other fans..are they blind to this????

Left by mutual consent!
    What worries me is (as posted above)..this looks like escalating into something even worse. Celtic are right not to comment on it as Rankgers
    Seem hell bent on making their fans feel persecuted. Which will cause violence and even more hatred towards other fans..are they blind to this????
    This is simply inviting government intervention as the clubs and football authorities are showing that they not in control of the sectarian problem.

I'm not quite sure what they seek to achieve by this strategy. We live in a different era of declining MSM and growing social media, where quietly exercising control over how things are presented, through funny handshakes with key players, no longer holds sway. Instead, they are trying to browbeat the 'moderate' establishment huns into going along with their increasingly deranged 'us against the world' strategy.

It can only end in more humiliation and pain for them. The problem is, as some have indicated, a lot of people could get hurt in the the crossfire on the way down.

If King needs a smokescreen of this density, imagine the level of scamming he's doing behind the scenes.

This has Traynor written all over it, they knew they were going to take **** over the result and the damage done to the toilets so they try to deflect the criticism by accusing the other side of sectarianism. It's absolutely laughable!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It's too late for that, Sevco have been taken over by the worst elements of their fan base. King is happy for the like of Chris Graham and Traynor to put out all this nonsense because it shields him from criticism and allows him to extract as much cash as possible from the club.

Correct !!. As long as the Hun are desparate for money, King will continue to chase the '**** £' as its by far the biggest element of their support !

And it'll be done with no fear whatsoever of the Scottish 'Media' taking them to task - that'll NEVER happen !

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This has Traynor written all over it, they knew they were going to take **** over the result and the damage done to the toilets so they try to deflect the criticism by accusing the other side of sectarianism. It's absolutely laughable!
    I still have not seen any evidence of sectarianism from the Celtic support?
    The sex dolls are obviously in bad taste (when are sex dolls not?) but not exactly sectarian.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Government intervention is something Scottish football has needed for a long time. I doubt Nicola will be wanting to get involved though, unless she absolutely has to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I still have not seen any evidence of sectarianism from the Celtic support?
    The sex dolls are obviously in bad taste (when are sex dolls not?) but not exactly sectarian.

They are claiming "Hun" is sectarian. And the Celtic fans had banners saying "Hun ****" and another banner saying something else about Huns.

It's laughable that The Rangers are even bringing this up. They're a very bitter team.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    That's a good idea.

I suggest we carve the branch into a baseball bat and use that.

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Government intervention is something Scottish football has needed for a long time. I doubt Nicola will be wanting to get involved though, unless she absolutely has to.
    Somebody has to before this blows up into something really bad

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Charles Green has a lot to answer for in all this too.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    That's a good idea.

I suggest we carve the branch into a baseball bat and use that.
    There'll be green in the branch so they won't touch it.

What I can't get my head round is who the **** do they think they are? Issuing statements left right and centre as if the rest of the world is sitting waiting before it makes it's mind up.

There's a small section of society that might need to be guided by banana republic style dictators but whoever is behind this strategy doesn't understand how backward and institutionalized they look.

They do need to keep their fans eyes of the ball though, maybe one or two of them will eventually look inward as the mess escalates? They thought cheeky Charlie was bad!

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Somebody has to before this blows up into something really bad
    I said this on the cup final statements, but what are ranger hoping to achieve from all these statements?

All it is doing is inciting the hatred towards them, but most importantly their fans hatred of others. How long can they ignore their own fans failings and place blame on others? All i see this achieving is increased hostility between them and every other team, how long before it results in someones death due an eliment of their support going to far? what happens then!

The SFA HAVE to put this nonsense to bed before things escalate beyond control.