hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bigot

First Team Breakthrough

Bigot

Having a debate on Facebook with a Hun who says I am a bigot because I am intolerant to the singing of the Billy boys so does that make me a bigot of bigots

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    So being intolerant to a song glorifying the killing of people with different political and (slightly) different religious views is bigoted according to your facebook flump. De-friend. Or at the very least never enter into dialogue with them again. There's no good to come of it.

Testimonial Due
    Don't argue with them it only encourages them.

First Team Breakthrough
    Aye you are probably right . Everytime anything is said about THe Rangers he defends them to the death he's not very bright tho he asked who the song offends and why

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So being intolerant to a song glorifying the killing of people with different political and (slightly) different religious views is bigoted according to your facebook flump. De-friend. Or at the very least never enter into dialogue with them again. There's no good to come of it.

The bigot referred to is so brainwashed with bigoted views he has become immune to any reason. Best not to enter into debate with such a hardened zealot.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    If it's so unoffensive suggest he gets down to a local RC Church on a Sunday and start belting it out. I was going to suggest a local policestation but they'd probably join in.

First Team Breakthrough
    He said most of our songs were abusive too lol really !

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Tell him he is Keith Jackson and you are claiming your prize. Then sever all connections

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    Here is a quote from said discussion
    A bigot is someone who is intolerant to people who have different opinions! In my eyes your not having an opinion! Your having the same moan and which hunt against the same club you do every other day!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Logiegreener View Post

The bigot referred to is so brainwashed with bigoted views he has become immune to any reason. Best not to enter into debate with such a hardened zealot.

GGTTH
    Send him the video of 'Dalek relaxation tape for humans', on YouTube by Peter Serafinowicz. Exterminates all tension.

The sad thing is that these guys actually believe what they are saying is true.

A bit like defending their players. Not one of them entered or left the pitch with that thought in their mind. They just wanted a pagger. Then they were given an excuse

The key word in the definition of a bigot is 'unreasonable'. 'A person who has unreasonable beliefs.....'

Is being intolerant of people singing a song that romanticises a 300+ year old battle and glorifies the slaughter of thousands unreasonable? Either on it's own or in addition to the other nonsense they spout I'd say no.

You're not a bigot, he may well be.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan's Jaguar View Post
    Send him the video of 'Dalek relaxation tape for humans', on YouTube by Peter Serafinowicz. Exterminates all tension.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouterHibby View Post
    Having a debate on Facebook with a Hun who says I am a bigot because I am intolerant to the singing of the Billy boys so does that make me a bigot of bigots
    Tell the Rangers chap that until he can fully explain why he and so many of his fellow fans sing certain songs and can explain the meaning and real reason behind them you will no longer converse with him. He will be stumped.

First Team Breakthrough
    A bigot is someone who is intolerant to people who have different opinions! In my eyes your not having an opinion! Your having the same moan and which hunt against the same club you do every other day!

So he is calling you a bigot. Defining what he believes a bigot to be. Then saying you dont fulfil his definition of a bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Tell the Rangers chap that until he can fully explain why he and so many of his fellow fans sing certain songs and can explain the meaning and real reason behind them you will no longer converse with him. He will be stumped.
    'Cos it wur culchur and tradishons bud, no surrendur'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    'Cos it wur culchur and tradishons bud, no surrendur'.

Your making him sound far more intelligent than he probably is

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    This Hun? Gie the laddie a break, he's clearly just a wee bit mixed up

received_987360904645156.jpg

Interesting read on the song mentioned above. http://pigeonproject.com/2011/04/14/origins-of-the-billy-boys-sectarian-song-roots-come-from-italian-aetheist-mussolini/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Boys

All you need to know about the "Billy Boys".

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Boys

All you need to know about the "Billy Boys".
    Interesting article. But I've yet to hear this version;

Hello, Hello
    We are the Rangers Boys
    Hello, Hello
    You'll know us by our noise
    We'll give anything to see our team
    At Ibrox or away
    For we are
    The Glasgow Rangers Boys

The first paragraph in the football bit is all you need to know when the manager of Scotland at the time sings it and the SFA back him. Games a fing bogey

Being intolerant of the Ku Klux Klan obviously makes me a racist....

He's an idiot.

According to Webster's Dictionary:

"Full Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"

So basically tell him that the definition of bigot fits him far better than you.

Of course my dad always said never argue with an idiot as they'll only drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.

EZ

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post

He'll be stumped because there's too many big words being used in your statement

I've noticed a lot of Rangers fans over the last couple of years throwing the word 'bigot' around at others. Possibly in a bid to deflect from their own shortcomings.

Similarly, they've all started claiming the word 'hun' is sectarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    I've noticed a lot of Rangers fans over the last couple of years throwing the word 'bigot' around at others. Possibly in a bid to deflect from their own shortcomings.

Similarly, they've all started claiming the word 'hun' is sectarian.
    They only claim that in an attempt to make it look like they're victims rather than perpetrators. Hun is a term to be applied to all followers of both Huns RIP and Sevco, regardless of their religion, faith or lack thereof. Since it does not refer to any religious affiliation then it can't be regarded as sectarian.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    They only claim that in an attempt to make it look like they're victims rather than perpetrators. Hun is a term to be applied to all followers of both Huns RIP and Sevco, regardless of their religion, faith or lack thereof. Since it does not refer to any religious affiliation then it can't be regarded as sectarian.
    They remind me of wee bullies at primary school who would go running to tell as soon as anyone stood up to them!!

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Exactly. If that is then Hobos and HIVs fans is too. Can't have it both ways.