hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window

Blog Entries

Transfer Window

The lack of rumours and chat about Lennon adding to the squad as the window draws to a close suggests that we might have just about put the shutters up for the summer. Beyond the obvious wishful thinking rumours, I would have liked to have got one more defender in. However if that's it as far as ins and outs is concerned, I'm satisfied that Lennon has got the tools to do the job he has been hired to do.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yep, I'd be happy with nobody else coming in as long as we keep the exit door firmly shut.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The lack of rumours and chat about Lennon adding to the squad as the window draws to a close suggests that we might have just about put the shutters up for the summer. Beyond the obvious wishful thinking rumours, I would have liked to have got one more defender in. However if that's it as far as ins and outs is concerned, I'm satisfied that Lennon has got the tools to do the job he has been hired to do.
    I would like to see one or two players come in but I think the most important thing is that when the window closes, Jason Cummings is still a Hibs player. We are going to get 30 plus from him this season if he remains with us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Yep, I'd be happy with nobody else coming in as long as we keep the exit door firmly shut.
    Fringe players can leave, the usual suspects Harris, Stanton, Handling & Carmichael but would be keen to keep JC & SJM

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Your right about no rumours all quite would on this occasion be fine...feel kind of ok with the squad maybe another defender for cover

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    I think we made an offer to Tom Hateley and are still awaiting a response. If that falls through, it may be that Neil looks elsewhere for RB cover. And there is still the possibility to add free agents after the deadline.

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    He already mentioned over the weekend that he hopes for one more signing. Lets see.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    I think we made an offer to Tom Hateley and are still awaiting a response. If that falls through, it may be that Neil looks elsewhere for RB cover. And there is still the possibility to add free agents after the deadline.
    Also the possibility of emergency loan in our league, which doesn't have to be an emergency so basically we can still get players in on loan.

4 wins out 4 in the league without ever looking in danger shows this squad is good enough to get us up!

Happy with where the squad is at, 1 more right sided defender would make sure we have cover all over the park. But not essential.

Time to trim the squad with a few loans/releases and we are good to go!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev. View Post
    4 wins out 4 in the league without ever looking in danger shows this squad is good enough to get us up!

Happy with where the squad is at, 1 more right sided defender would make sure we have cover all over the park. But not essential.

Time to trim the squad with a few loans/releases and we are good to go!
    The first 11 are good enough and possibly 2/3 subs but the squad isnt that great in all honesty, all it would take is a couple of injuries and suspensions and we dont have a lot of quality left, still think we need another couple of players that are better than stanton,harris etc but not sure if we will get them

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Also the possibility of emergency loan in our league, which doesn't have to be an emergency so basically we can still get players in on loan.
    Has been finally scrapped in England and thought would be the case here, but evidently not as per the latest SPFL rules

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/...y-english-club

55.The term of an Emergency Temporary Transfer must be set out in the written agreement between the parties concerned, may commence and/or terminate outside of a Registration Period and must be not less than 28 days but not more than 93 days.

56. An Emergency Temporary Transfer may only be to a Club at the commencement of the term of the Emergency Temporary Transfer eligible to participate in the Championship, League One or League Two

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    The first 11 are good enough and possibly 2/3 subs but the squad isnt that great in all honesty, all it would take is a couple of injuries and suspensions and we dont have a lot of quality left, still think we need another couple of players that are better than stanton,harris etc but not sure if we will get them
    Could say that for any team in the world though? 2 or 3 injuries and suspensions at any one time and pretty much every team would struggle!

We have cover all over the park with atleast 2 players per position. Thats the best you can ask for.

Laidlaw
    Forster
    Keatings
    Graham
    Boyle
    Harris
    Crane

Was our bench on Saturday, any of them would be starters anywhere else in this league maybe bar Laidlaw. Boyle/Graham/Keatings are all premiership quality and can all change a game. Add into that Fonts and McGeough (both injured) and i would say our squad is in the top 5 in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Think we have more cover than you say and strongest squad in our league! Need a balance between cover and players getting a game. Thought we had a very strong bench on Saturday for example. If we did make another signing then right sided defender could fit the bill. Otherwise I am happy with what I am seeing.

Laidlaw

???? Forster Fontaine Crane

Boyle McGeouch Martin Harris

Keatings Graham

A team made up from the players not in Saturday's starting line-up.

Looks to me like we need cover at right back.
    Of course we could play with 3 at the back, but Lennon shouldn't be forced into using that formation.

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    Laidlaw

Keatings Graham

Of course we could play with 3 at the back, but Lennon shouldn't be forced into using that formation.
    Wow says a lot about the depth of the squad. Loving this

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    Laidlaw

Keatings Graham

You could chuck Stanton or Carmichael into the middle of that midfield and go 3-5-2 and it's a perfectly acceptable team.

Not ideal but not the worst.

Given we'd have to be without our 11 first choice players for it to have to happen, that's a pretty decent position to be in.

It's been a great window imo. Strengthened the key areas with the type of players I was hoping for.

Would still like to see 2 more. Cover at RB although not a necessity as we do have McGregor, forster, and I reckon we could chuck Boyle or Stevenson in if we're really struggling

The other, I think we may see a "star player" arrive on deadline day from celtic. Commons or Hendo is my guess. Neither will want to waste a year on the bench at this stage of their careers and Wednesday it's a "now or 6 months" situation

Marvin Johnson of Motherwell has reportedly handed in a transfer request. I would take him. Bags of pace and eye for a goal.

I will only say, please do not lose SJM or JC. Anyone else coming in would be a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I will only say, please do not lose SJM or JC. Anyone else coming in would be a bonus

Absolutely correct.

However I'd cum in ma pants if we signed GMS...

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Marvin Johnson of Motherwell has reportedly handed in a transfer request. I would take him. Bags of pace and eye for a goal.
    Motherwell looking for £750k for him!

They've also already rejected several 6 figure bids from Oxford...

Hes only just had an ankle operation, out for the next couple of months....

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    In this mornings gossip column on the BBC, it states that GMS, Armstrong, Ciftci, Commons and Henderson could all be potentially on their way out.

Rodgers may yet make a move for Everton midfielder James McCarthy on a season-long loan deal, but Gary Mackay-Steven, Stuart Armstrong, Nadir Ciftci, Kris Commons and Liam Henderson could all be "moved on". (Herald)

GMS & Henderson please!!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Just what we wanted to hear from leann

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/0...form=hootsuite

If Gary MacKay Steven arrives he will have to change his first two names.

I suggest Maradona Messi Steven.

Why would we spend money/wages on players that we dont need?

We dont use out and out wingers so no need for GMS.

We have also brought in Shinnie who is a better player than Hendo (at the moment).

So basically we would bring in a couple of Celtic players on loan to sit on our bench?
    Last edited by JDHibs; 30-08-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Testimonial Due
    From BBC Gossip today, not that I am getting my hopes up

Rodgers may yet make a move for Everton midfielder James McCarthy on a season-long loan deal, but Gary Mackay-Steven, Stuart Armstrong, Nadir Ciftci, Kris Commons and Liam Henderson could all be "moved on". (Herald)