hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Laura Muir

Laura Muir

Thought she got her tactics all wrong in the Olympics (1500 metres) but yesterday proved what she could really do. Broke the British record and hammered the Olympic champion. Studying to be a vet as well, good on her. Just my opinion.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought she got her tactics all wrong in the Olympics (1500 metres) but yesterday proved what she could really do. Broke the British record and hammered the Olympic champion. Studying to be a vet as well, good on her. Just my opinion.
    Sorry mate, you can't celebrate athletic achievement anymore. She broke a record by more than 2 seconds so must be drugged/intersex.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Sorry mate, you can't celebrate athletic achievement anymore. She broke a record by more than 2 seconds so must be drugged/intersex.
    I didn't see her in the Olympic final but that time was 15 seconds faster than the gold medal winner!!!!!

Its hardly a surprise people get suspicious.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Blog Entries
    I can never get my head round the use of pacemakers in middle distance running. To me a race is simply about individuals matching their ability and tactical awareness against others. There's something false about 'athletes' who have no intention of participating in the actual race but are there for a lap or two simply to drag the serious runners round the track. It's a bit like the keirin in cyclibg. Just my opinion, as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I can never get my head round the use of pacemakers in middle distance running. To me a race is simply about individuals matching their ability and tactical awareness against others. There's something false about 'athletes' who have no intention of participating in the actual race but are there for a lap or two simply to drag the serious runners round the track. It's a bit like the keirin in cyclibg. Just my opinion, as they say.
    I don't understand how a guy on a motorbike never wins that race.