hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a subject I feel really strongly about so pissed off with it all. On surface 3m for JC sounds good but it really isn't.
    Yeah the fact is if he was playing down south already he'd be attracting bigger bids than that. That Peterborough even had £1.7 to bid says it all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Hibs have a 5 million value on him

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36226039

They've already signed a few players during this window
    Thanks

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Yeah the fact is if he was playing down south already he'd be attracting bigger bids than that. That Peterborough even had £1.7 to bid says it all.
    I know its 2nd tier in Scottish football but as far as I am aware the goals are the same size down there

Coaching Staff
    I think this discussion is slightly deluded.

Burke is being talked about as potentially another Gareth Bale or Wayne Rooney. Bayern Munich were interested and he has a couple of full caps at 19.

Cummings is good but I think he'd be looking at possibly making it at an English Championship team at some point.

The English market is slightly mad but if European teams thought they might get a bargain here they would do so.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Well they have 15 million on the hip now.
    Let's hope they still have it by the end of next week.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I think this discussion is slightly deluded.

Burke is being talked about as potentially another Gareth Bale or Wayne Rooney. Bayern Munich were interested and he has a couple of full caps at 19.

Cummings is good but I think he'd be looking at possibly making it at an English Championship team at some point.

The English market is slightly mad but if European teams thought they might get a bargain here they would do so.
    Although the op mentioned Burke, I don't think they were comparing the two and I don't think the thread is deluded.

Normally a players value is dictated by what someone is willing to pay, I think the values mentioned in this thread though are reflecting what he's actually worth to Hibs and the possible consequences of not being promoted which is why the figures are so high.

The fact the English transfer market is so nuts just now it also means these ridiculous figures might not actually be that ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post

Sounds about right to me.

Mon the Cabbage

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar

You've just made that up, haven't you?
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Says who?

It's a release clause valuation I made up

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If some crappy wee team from down south want one of our best players then they're gonna have to pay top dollar for him.

£5m.

Blog Entries
    Jason has just signed a 4 year contract so unlike Rolf over at the PBS his value is not going to drop in the next few months. I have faith in the current stewardship of our club & they will understand there's no point in selling JC for x million if we lose y million by failing to get promoted as a consequence of his sale. At this point we could not effectively replace Jason before the window shuts so I'm confident he'll still be here after Wednesday. Mind you, unless my old memory's playing tricks it's only a few weeks ago that posters on here wanted to bite Peterborough's hand off for their derisory offer.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Jason has just signed a 4 year contract so unlike Rolf over at the PBS his value is not going to drop in the next few months. I have faith in the current stewardship of our club & they will understand there's no point in selling JC for x million if we lose y million by failing to get promoted as a consequence of his sale. At this point we could not effectively replace Jason before the window shuts so I'm confident he'll still be here after Wednesday. Mind you, unless my old memory's playing tricks it's only a few weeks ago that posters on here wanted to bite Peterborough's hand off for their derisory offer.
    Plenty were not fussed if he stayed or went before the season started...pleasing to see he has put a few straight on that thought already

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Love the role comment and I agree he is going nowhere unless my imaginary figure of 5 million is met.
    If he scores 30 this season then he will go

Rolf damn predictive

Love the role comment and I agree he is going nowhere unless my imaginary figure of 5 million is met.
    If he scores 30 this season then he will go

That should be very realistic figure at this time. If a bid of that amount came in I would not blame hibernian for taking it, we have to be realistic and could not afford to turn down such a huge amount. However if/wnen we get promoted and he is still banging in the goals then it would be double that amount.

Mon the Cabbage

Quote Originally Posted by Logiegreener View Post
    That should be very realistic figure at this time. If a bid of that amount came in I would not blame hibernian for taking it, we have to be realistic and could not afford to turn down such a huge amount. However if/wnen we get promoted and he is still banging in the goals then it would be double that amount.

Mon the Cabbage
    Agreed

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post
    Plenty were not fussed if he stayed or went before the season started...pleasing to see he has put a few straight on that thought already
    I was one, based partly on his reluctance to sign a new contract, and partly due to me thinking he had a lot of flaws and wasnt ad good as he thought he was. However i also said i wanted him to sign a new deal.

Thus far this season, i think he has improved a number of areas amd looks a much better player. The thing is, is the fact that he has improved so much not prove that those who said he needed to improve were right - obviously lennon and importantly, cumminhs agree.

Despite not being his biggest fan previously, i really dont see what good any (realistic) bid that any team might make would be worth it. We have manageable debt and completed infrastructure - no amount of millions at this stage would help us get promoted the way that cummings will - hetting promoted is more important than money inthe bank to our club.

Really hope we keep a hold of Cummings for at least this season as I reckon his goals and effort will make a big difference to us. But with some of the money being spent downsouth and the pressure on teams to do well, I wouldn't be surprised if bids started coming in round the £2 million mark.

Rotherham could do with someone getting goals...

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Says who?
    Neil Lennon mentioned 5m . So I'm guessing, that's where the poster is getting it from .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

We just have to be resolute. He can't be sold now and he is still young and I'm sure we can command a good fee at the end of this season or next

Coaching Staff

Mon the Cabbage
    So to be straight you are saying that Cummings might leave Hibs for £10m in the next year or so?

I think one or two have had a head start on the alcohol front this weekend.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Pity the big team didn't insert a sell on clause when they told him to bolt!!

You're too wee son, now b*gger off. Oops...................
    It was nothing to do with his size but their unwillingness to pay to get him fit after injury. Physio and rehab cost money.

So to be straight you are saying that Cummings might leave Hibs for £10m in the next year or so?

I think one or two have had a head start on the alcohol front this weekend.
    I'm pretty sure I said if he is still with the Hi bees next season in the Premiership and still banging in the goals his value could be around that mark.

It would be a realistic transfer value if he is scoring regularly in the Premiership. Do you disagree?

Mon the Cabbage

Without reading the whole thread... Right now? £5m with that fee rising. Once we're back in the "big league" and he's banged in over 20 goals in his first season. I'd say £7m.

Money is ridiculous down south so if they want our players they've got to come up with top dollar. I'd settle for 4 years of 25+ goals and him leaving for free over us accepting a pathetic bid from Huddersfield or Burton Albion type club

Coaching Staff
    I'm pretty sure I said if he is still with the Hi bees next season in the Premiership and still banging in the goals his value could be around that mark.

It would be a realistic transfer value if he is scoring regularly in the Premiership. Do you disagree?

Mon the Cabbage
    Yes I very much disagree.

@hibs.net private member
    I still think £1.7m was decent for JC( so does NL) but I'm not sure Hibs would knock back £2m if the deal was all upfront. Peterborough's offer was structured over 3 years and based on JC performances. I'd love him to stay or someone offer £5m for him but I can't see it happening for at least 2 years

Yes I very much disagree.
    Fair enough.

Mon the Cabbage

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I still think £1.7m was decent for JC( so does NL) but I'm not sure Hibs would knock back £2m if the deal was all upfront. Peterborough's offer was structured over 3 years and based on JC performances. I'd love him to stay or someone offer £5m for him but I can't see it happening for at least 2 years
    Kane Hemmings scored 20 plus goals for Dundee and went for 250k. Folk are off their nuts if they think English teams are going to think of paying £5m plus just because players score goals up here.