hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you have missed the point of his post.
    I don't think I have to be honest. Clubs will only pay what they think a player is worth and some of the figures suggested for a player who plays in the Scottish Championship and who has not yet even made the senior international squad are madness.

It's irrelevant how much money Craig Gordon was sold for as the situations are not comparable.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I don't think I have to be honest. Clubs will only pay what they think a player is worth and some of the figures suggested for a player who plays in the Scottish Championship and who has not yet even made the senior international squad are madness.

It's irrelevant how much money Craig Gordon was sold for as the situations are not comparable.
    You clearly don't get it if you think the post was comparing the amount Gordon was sold for with Cummings value.

The point is that English club's often make lowball bids for players in Scotland as most clubs need to sell. The poster was highlighting that Hearts valued Gordon highly, held out and got a figure which most people would have seen as a "madness" prior to the deal happening.

You clearly don't get it if you think the post was comparing the amount Gordon was sold for with Cummings value.

The point is that English club's often make lowball bids for players in Scotland as most clubs need to sell. The poster was highlighting that Hearts valued Gordon highly, held out and got a figure which most people would have seen as a "madness" prior to the deal happening.
    Hearts were able to hold out for a high offer because as mentioned they had a player who had won player of the year in Scotland twice and had already played for his country about 20 times.

We are not in that position with JC therefore we won't be able to hold out for a "madness" price.

Hearts were able to hold out for a high offer because as mentioned they had a player who had won player of the year in Scotland twice and had already played for his country about 20 times.

We are not in that position with JC therefore we won't be able to hold out for a "madness" price.
    The fact the club have rejected bids suggests we are in a position to hold out for a higher offer.

So let's sell on the cheap because Cummings hadn't quite managed to get a game for Scotland.. Tosh.

Hibs will get top dollar for JC if/when he scores another 25/30 goals this season as he has the potential to be a very good centre forward. He scores goals nearly every game he plays, whether that is against Albion Rovers, QOTS, Falkirk, Hearts, Rangers or Aberdeen, he does it. He also has a swagger that top players need and loves a big game. Hibs can pick the price they want and let the bidding war commence next season. JC is going nowhere this year.

The fact the club have rejected bids suggests we are in a position to hold out for a higher offer.
    Nobody is suggesting that we sell on the cheap but let's be realistic when talking about his valuation.

We are a selling club and if a decent bid ,IMO in the region of 3 million , comes in he will be sold.

How much do you think Hibs can realistically expect to receive while he plays in the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Some of the estimations of Jason's potential value are astounding, someone said £10m! Celtic will get £30m for Griffiths then.

I would estimate Leigh should be in the 20-30 million mark.

Mon the Cabbage

Nobody is suggesting that we sell on the cheap but let's be realistic when talking about his valuation.

We are a selling club and if a decent bid ,IMO in the region of 3 million , comes in he will be sold.

How much do you think Hibs can realistically expect to receive while he plays in the Championship?
    The posts were not talking about his valuation, they were discussing Hibs showing the confidence and strength to hold out for a price the club wanted. (Like Hearts did with Gordon)

The posts were not talking about his valuation, they were discussing Hibs showing the confidence and strength to hold out for a price the club wanted. (Like Hearts did with Gordon)
    Every club will naturally hold out to get the highest price they possibly can for players. I would have thought that was pretty obvious.

The Gordon situation due to the reasons previously stated is not comparable so has no relevance to the current market value of Jason Cummings.

The Gordon situation due to the reasons previously stated is not comparable so has no relevance to the current market value of Jason Cummings.
    Nobody was saying the current market values were comparable.

Testimonial Due

The huns got a good price for liam mcleod (?) I remember.

Its all academic - more than most things, the 'value' of a player is highly subjective amd depends on numerous factors. How much we can expect is irrelevant, because i genuinely believe that no amount (bar an astronomical bid) would be accepted until at least next summer because cash in the bank is of far less value than his goals to us this season.

If i was cummings agent, instead of a release clause, i would have asked fpr a 5-10% cut of any future fee.

Nobody was saying the current market values were comparable.
    I'm aware of that.

Blog Entries
    There's 2 sides to every transfer deal. Posters are (correctly) saying Jason is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for him. Conversely he'll only be sold if we receive what we think he's worth to us. There's no point in selling him for £2m if we fail to get promoted & lose £2m as a result. The Rangers & particularly Celtc have milked sales to the English market extremely effectively in recent years. I believe we have the Chief Executive in place to ensure we get proper compensation for JC, if & when we finally sell him & I very much doubt that will be this window.
    PS, anyone heard of Kemar Roofe? Transferred to Leeds from Oxford for £3m. He's 23 y.o. & played for top teams like Northampton, Cheltenham & Colchester before 1 decent season at Oxford resulted in his transfer.