hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What price Jason Cummings

19 yr old Oliver Burke, played 26 times for Notts Forest, scored 6 goals, capped twice just got sold to an Austrian side for £13 Million. What price JC?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    Priceless.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    To be honest have never heard of him, saw a price of £15M when I googled him! He was born in Kirkcaldy!

If we keep hold of Jason we get promoted and he scores similar amount of goals in SPL then who knows.

I think as it stands now you are looking at £3-4M if an English club came in, but that's only because you basically double your prices when an English club come calling.

Apparently a lot of the foreign clubs have an English price for their players and a non English price these days.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Every player at every club has their price and I dare say Cummings will be the same. I can't think of a value that would make selling him at this stage worthwhile?

Even if someone was to bid say £5m, what good would that be with so little time to replace him? A £5m cheque won't score 25 goals in a season.

If we've got a decent lead built up by January and we've found a decent replacement by then, then there might be a bid worth considering but for now I don't think there's an amount that would make it worthwhile to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    19 yr old Oliver Burke, played 26 times for Notts Forest, scored 6 goals, capped twice just got sold to an Austrian side for £13 Million. What price JC?
    He has signed for a German team not Austrian. Incredible amount of money for someone most people has probably never heard of until he was named in the Scotland squad last week.

I have a feeling a bid or two will come in before the transfer window to test Hibs resolve.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo
    I still can't believe The Rangers fans thought they would buy him 😂😂

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    I have a feeling a bid or two will come in before the transfer window to test Hibs resolve.
    Let's hope our resolve is strong. We all know he will leave at some point but please, not now

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

I have the same feeling as well and also possibly for SJM too.

You're not alone in feeling this.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    A bid from Notts Forrest would be intriguing.

Coaching Staff
    Burke by all accounts is a pretty special talent. I don't see the point in trying to compare him to Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    A bid from Notts Forrest would be intriguing.
    Did they not have a transfer embargo for some reason ?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by trev the hat View Post
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36226039

They've already signed a few players during this window

I think we'd accept £2.5 - 3m for him. That's a huge amount of money to us. We'd still be able to add another striker to our squad after the transfer window closed as long as the player was without a club. Lots of teams release players on the last day of the transfer window and we could maybe pick up a replacement there. We signed Malonga outside the transfer window so it can be done.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    Hopefully no bids come in for Cummings as i have him and Sparky in a golden boot double at 18/1 and its looking good so far.

Left by mutual consent!

Indeed, teams in championship etc sell players that have had a good season and get fees like above. Then they pop up here and with there £10m plus offer clubs like ours £2m to replace the just sold £10m guy.

Jason Cummings is worth £10m all day every day, and if a club sells ad asset for big bucks then they must think the replacement is able to do the same.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I think we'd accept £2.5 - 3m for him. That's a huge amount of money to us. We'd still be able to add another striker to our squad after the transfer window closed as long as the player was without a club. Lots of teams release players on the last day of the transfer window and we could maybe pick up a replacement there. We signed Malonga outside the transfer window so it can be done.
    I would look at the prior business any club who want JC, not happy if sell to clubs getting millions for folk that have had one good season.

If JC though has a clause then that is that.

cant put a price on the goals he is scoring at the moment , if he keeps this form up he could easily hit 40+ goals this season

Pity the big team didn't insert a sell on clause when they told him to bolt!!

You're too wee son, now b*gger off. Oops...................

I wasn't suggesting we sell Jas, he's far to important to us at this time! I was highlighting the price that some clubs are prepared to pay, and normally the guy that puts the ball in the net is the most valuable. The Chinese as well as the Eng market is just crazy and you just never know!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trev the hat View Post
    Well they have 15 million on the hip now.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Well they have 15 million on the hip now.
    Just come up north and ask clubs to bend over while we replace 15m worth of striker for 1.5m.

Surely we have to be starting the bidding at £3 million for Championship teams?

I think we should keep him but it would have to be something mind blowing like that to even consider it.
    Last edited by Shrekko; 28-08-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Not enough, imagine we sell him and don't go up. How much will that cost us as a club? Jason should stay and keep improving as he is doing. A move down south will happen and Hibs will cash in big time. Meanwhile just enjoy a special talent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Surely we have to be starting the bidding at £3 million for Championship teams?

I think we should keep him but it would have tone something mind blowing like that to even consider it.
    This is a subject I feel really strongly about so pissed off with it all. On surface 3m for JC sounds good but it really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    He has signed for a German team not Austrian. Incredible amount of money for someone most people has probably never heard of until he was named in the Scotland squad last week.
    He came off the bench in the Scotland Denmark game that McGinn played in too. That was when I first heard of him right enough.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Not enough, imagine we sell him and don't go up. How much will that cost us as a club? Jason should stay and keep improving as he is doing. A move down south will happen and Hibs will cash in big time. Meanwhile just enjoy a special talent.
    His fee should be indicitive of the business a buying club has made, 12m for Ross McCormack and we are disussing 2m - 3m. Ffs lets actually start getting paid up here for players.

Left by mutual consent!
    What price cheese?

Left by mutual consent!
    Celtic get good fees for players so the excuse our league isnt great doesn't stand for me. Celtic get good fees simply because they can afford to say no.