hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 79 of 79

Thread: 2016 US Open

  1. #61
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    8,104
    I've found a stream with no commentary on it. Bliss. Agony watching Andy though. I haven't seen him like this in a while.

    But he's surprised us before.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    @hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,754
    Nishikori has hit a real purple patch in this last half hour, but Murray is making it easier for him.
    ​#PERSEVERED


  4. #63
    @hibs.net private member 3pm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    9,500
    Blew it!

  5. #64
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,415
    NishiKori is going flat out to win this match while Andy seems to be reliant on his opponent making mistakes.

  6. #65
    Testimonial Due Glory Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miles from in the know
    Posts
    1,573
    This is brutal.

  7. #66
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,725
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Didn't see this comming. Can't see Murray pulling thisone back unfortunately

  8. #67
    Testimonial Due Glory Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miles from in the know
    Posts
    1,573
    I'm not going to be able to sleep after this!

  9. #68
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    8,104
    Why does he do this to us? This is the worst yet.

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member 3pm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    9,500
    It's over.

  11. #70
    Testimonial Due Glory Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miles from in the know
    Posts
    1,573
    Crowd needs to shoosh.

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Leith Links
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,819
    Nishikori played some amazing tennis but Murray's meltdown in the fourth proved too much. He looked a bit jaded after a long season. Needs a decent end of season now in the Masters to set him up for Oz in January.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

  13. #72
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    8,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nishikori played some amazing tennis but Murray's meltdown in the fourth proved too much. He looked a bit jaded after a long season. Needs a decent end of season now in the Masters to set him up for Oz in January.
    He's in need of a holiday and so am I after watching him.

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,994
    Jamie does the business.

    CsApIw6VYAEqJeQ.jpg

  15. #74
    Testimonial Due Finn2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,788
    Andy has played to much recently and I think ran out of energy. Needs to recharge. Well done to his brother btw

  16. #75
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    28,162
    Brilliant men's final on just now.

    One set all after almost 2 hours.

    Djokovic won the opener in a tiebreak but Wawrinka has just taken the second set 6-4.

    Some amazing rallies between the pair of them.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  17. #76
    yawn yawn Djokovic needs a medical timeout....all the same stuff as Nadal when not winning...maybe he is not worried about the test anymore

    Whats is really disappointing is the commentary which seems to ignore it all and encourage excuses and sympathy for Djokovic
    Last edited by pedroorange1875; 12-09-2016 at 01:22 AM.

  18. #77
    Testimonial Due Finn2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,788
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yawn yawn Djokovic needs a medical timeout....all the same stuff as Nadal when not winning...maybe he is not worried about the test anymore

    Whats is really disappointing is the commentary which seems to ignore it all and encourage excuses and sympathy for Djokovic
    Does this quite often as well. Done it against Murray a few times to. It is gamesmanship and it pees me off that he isn't pulled up about it

  19. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yawn yawn Djokovic needs a medical timeout....all the same stuff as Nadal when not winning...maybe he is not worried about the test anymore

    Whats is really disappointing is the commentary which seems to ignore it all and encourage excuses and sympathy for Djokovic
    Absolutely. Djokovic's antics were disgraceful last night. He's lost something mentally since losing early at Wimbledon and can't handle it. Credit to Wawrinka for not letting it get to him. As you say, tennis commentators are far too polite to call it like it is.

  20. #79
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yawn yawn Djokovic needs a medical timeout....all the same stuff as Nadal when not winning...maybe he is not worried about the test anymore

    Whats is really disappointing is the commentary which seems to ignore it all and encourage excuses and sympathy for Djokovic
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn2015 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does this quite often as well. Done it against Murray a few times to. It is gamesmanship and it pees me off that he isn't pulled up about it
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely. Djokovic's antics were disgraceful last night. He's lost something mentally since losing early at Wimbledon and can't handle it. Credit to Wawrinka for not letting it get to him. As you say, tennis commentators are far too polite to call it like it is.



    Its cheating, yet he gets made out to be some kind of Saint.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved