hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by HTD1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Podcast available on Iplayer at all?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p044t2vn

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Listening to it now and impressed by Lennon. The show itself though is really typical of the problems in Scottish football. Here's Hibs manager Neil Lennon and we get 5 minutes on his current team, 20 minutes on Celtic and the rest discussing his career as a player and other issues in football.

I dont really think they could've spoke about hibs anymore than they did we've had 3 competitive games, a lack of signings although still spoke about shinnie and Henderson so there's not really much more than 5/10 minutes worth available to speak about as he's just in the door. When you consider that the vast majority of his career has been spent at Celtic as a player and manager it's only natural to talk about that with him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    I dont really think they could've spoke about hibs anymore than they did we've had 3 competitive games, a lack of signings although still spoke about shinnie and Henderson so there's not really much more than 5/10 minutes worth available to speak about as he's just in the door. When you consider that the vast majority of his career has been spent at Celtic as a player and manager it's only natural to talk about that with him.
    Respectfully disagree. Loads of questions that could still have been asked about Hibs.

I accept that Celtic is a huge part of his history and totally understand it being part of the conversation but do you honestly think if he'd been a Hibs player and then manager for years and had just taken the Celtic job that they'd spend the majority of the show focusing on his time at Hibs?

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Celtic are a bigger club with more fans and will always get more coverage than us but when Hibs current manager is on and is prompted to talk more about his old team that's unfair IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Respectfully disagree. Loads of questions that could still have been asked about Hibs.

I accept that Celtic is a huge part of his history and totally understand it being part of the conversation but do you honestly think if he'd been a Hibs player and then manager for years and had just taken the Celtic job that they'd spend the majority of the show focusing on his time at Hibs?

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Celtic are a bigger club with more fans and will always get more coverage than us but when Hibs current manager is on and is prompted to talk more about his old team that's unfair IMO.
    I think anyone could’ve sent a question in – maybe more Celtic questions were sent in? Maybe they were more interesting?

Although no fault of Lennon's the BBC headline below just looks utterly ridiculous given he is now the manager of Hibs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37090314

I am pretty sure Lennon also would not be too happy with how this looks as there is no context given as to why he is talking about it.

First Team Regular
    I think it was a very interesting listen and only a monomaniac could believe that such a long interview would just be about Hibs. I was really impressed with his eloquence - Stubbs always had a stuttering verbal presence and Lennon strikes me as the more impressive personality.