hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dalian Atkinson

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive still got loads of my old villa tops, but not sure what happened to that one.

I loved this one, still got it, but id need to lose a stone or five to get in it now....

Attachment 17305

This was my fave though

Attachment 17306
    Haha that was my second favourite behind the green stripe. I had Curcic on the back Mind him? Sasa Curcic. Looked a superstar at Bolton but then never quite performed the same at Villa. This seasons away is a wee nod to that top I think, although not as smart.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Looks like the Police over reacted according to one eyewitness

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37082207

"They were shouting and kicking so much all I could hear were the boots hitting him."And then the officer who released the Taser stepped back while the other officer still continued to kick and then I could hear him shout to the other officer that was still kicking, 'Back off, back off, back off.'
    "And then the officer with the Taser asked the gentleman to put his hands behind his back and did so probably two or three times and reactivated the Taser another four or five times after that. "
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Looks like the Police over reacted according to one eyewitness

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37082207
    Sounds more like a report from Baltimore rather than Telford.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Sounds more like a report from Baltimore rather than Telford.
    Yes but it was in the Trench. Nothing surprises me about that place. My grandparents lived most of their lives in the Trench. My grandfather was a beat bobbie on those mean streets.

Back to Dalian Atkinson. At the height of his career with Villa he was managed by Ron Atkinson. Karren Brady had just taken over as CEO of Birmingham City and met Big Ron at a reception. She somehow had got itinto her head that Dalian and Ron were related. She asked Ronif Dalian was his son! Big Ron went along with and confirmed that he was! She then talked about how nice it must be to work with your son.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Yes but it was in the Trench. Nothing surprises me about that place. My grandparents lived most of their lives in the Trench. My grandfather was a beat bobbie on those mean streets.

Back to Dalian Atkinson. At the height of his career with Villa he was managed by Ron Atkinson. Karren Brady had just taken over as CEO of Birmingham City and met Big Ron at a reception. She somehow had got itinto her head that Dalian and Ron were related. She asked Ronif Dalian was his son! Big Ron went along with and confirmed that he was! She then talked about how nice it must be to work with your son.
    And they put her in the Lords!

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Haha that was my second favourite behind the green stripe. I had Curcic on the back Mind him? Sasa Curcic. Looked a superstar at Bolton but then never quite performed the same at Villa. This seasons away is a wee nod to that top I think, although not as smart.
    He was an utter lunatic. Went on strike when he was at Palace to protest NATO bombing of Serbia. Also an adult movie star and without doubt one of the finest individual talents I've seen in a Bolton shirt, even including the likes of Okocha and Djorkaeff. Our 95/96 side was pretty pants after Bruce Rioch went to Arsenal not long after winning promotion in 95 (with the side that day featuring Stubbs and Mixu) but Curcic scored some unreal goals that season.