hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevenson

First Team Breakthrough

Stevenson

How bad was his attempt at a pass with his right foot. Nowhere near good enough for me, got to sign a left back soon

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Tidy, another Stevenson thread.

@hibs.net private member
    Stevenson is fine. If Lennon wants to bring in another full back for competition then fair enough, but i don't see going with Lewis at left back for the season again as a problem.

There are other positions that we need players brought in for before left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How bad was his attempt at a pass with his right foot. Nowhere near good enough for me, got to sign a left back soon
    We went through this yesterday with another OP who was talking crap. Away and s**t in your hat.......

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    We went through this yesterday with another OP who was talking crap. Away and s**t in your hat.......
    How often does he beat the first man with a cross? He slows everything down because he can't do a thing with his right foot, people love him because he gives 100%, that should be a given for any player, he's just not good enough. Can't believe he's played over 300 games for us

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Harsh.

As a left back Stevenson is fine, as our main source of width in an attacking sense we need better. If we just let him defend then there's no problem there.

How often does he beat the first man with a cross? He slows everything down because he can't do a thing with his right foot, people love him because he gives 100%, that should be a given for any player, he's just not good enough. Can't believe he's played over 300 games for us
    And yet, he has. And won both the cups, the only player in our history to do so. That's why people love him.

Oh, and he's also a very decent left back.

Another shan trolling Stevenson thread IMO

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    And yet, he has. And won both the cups, the only player in our history to do so. That's why people love him.

Oh, and he's also a very decent left back.

Another shan trolling Stevenson thread IMO
    So if you criticise Stevenson you're trolling?

He's a decent left back but a poor winger, right now that's quite a big part of his role in the team.

Sitting in the west yesterday you could hear Lennon shout at Stevenson asking if he was okay with Lewis nodding his head. Seemed to be a bit low on confidence yesterday

@hibs.net private member
    Bad day at the office for Lewis yesterday but he is good enough to be our left back this year, He's not as bad as people are making him out to be. If he improves his crossing then he will be a good wing back for us this season If NL chooses to stick with 3-5-2/3-4-3. I can't understand why people get so defensive about players when they see a negative comment, people are allowed to form their on opinion and express it, anyway its highly unlikely they will ever read it so what's the harm?

To be fair to the OP, stevensons crossing is generally poor

Fed up people having another go at Lewis, not his best game ever but certainly not bad enough to have to threads about him.

If you want to have a go at someone, what about Holt and how badly he cannot jump for a ball and was bloody awful yesterday, or Jason who apart from the goal was very wasteful again and some of his shooting was at best laughable.

Not the best team performance but getting sick of no mark punters looking for scapegoats again.

The system isn't right and some players are struggling with it, having players injured doesn't help but hopefully players to come in soon.

How bad was Cummings trying to strike a ball with his right ( on three occasions)

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    So if you criticise Stevenson you're trolling?

He's a decent left back but a poor winger, right now that's quite a big part of his role in the team.
    Yes

Jason Cummings and Holt were stinking as well yesterday. Let's start a thread on them as well. Yes Jason scored but up until then he was extremely poor and Holts misses were shockers.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    How bad was Cummings trying to strike a ball with his right ( on three occasions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Jason Cummings and Holt were stinking as well yesterday. Let's start a thread on them as well. Yes Jason scored but up until then he was extremely poor and Holts misses were shockers.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I like Lewis but I think his position in the team is a very debatable subject.

My take on it is he will be there for the foreseeable as other positions need dealt with as matter of priority.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

Yeah cummings was dreadful in particular his winning goal shot of the line and header of the post, truly dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    Yeah cummings was dreadful in particular his winning goal shot of the line and header of the post, truly dreadful

Rather strange you pick up on my nodding smiley yet totally ignored the original post by Underscore who made the comment re Cummings poor shooting with his right foot, bloody troll.

Apart from his goal and being in the right place Cummings was poor yesterday, his shooting from distance was a joke, either scuffed of blootered way into the stand, both he and Holt were too wasteful again.

First Team Breakthrough
    I assumed this was sarcasm as it was when he fell over. A few players including himself seemed to be pissing themselves laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Rather strange you pick up on my nodding smiley yet totally ignored the original post by Underscore who made the comment re Cummings poor shooting with his right foot, bloody troll.

Apart from his goal and being in the right place Cummings was poor yesterday, his shooting from distance was a joke, either scuffed of blootered way into the stand, both he and Holt were too wasteful again.

I li missed your nodding Heidi sorry meant for the 2 post prior

I thought,naively, that our Scottish Cup triumph might have resulted in less anxiety and reduced the criticism. Not a bit of it; we are sitting on top of the league with max points after our first two games against two teams who are likely to give us trouble at the top half of the league this season. So far the emphasis is on Lennons 'poor' tactics, Cummings, McGinn, Stevenson, Holt not playing well and Leanne not buying us players.

I'm quite satisfied so far. Happy clapper alert

Can we just close this thread like the other and stop giving trolls attention

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Lewis as a defender is one of the first names on the team sheet, as an attacking wing back it has to be a no.
    You can see when he has a decision between making a run or holding position he will choose hold his position, he is a defender first and foremost.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I thought,naively, that our Scottish Cup triumph might have resulted in less anxiety and reduced the criticism. Not a bit of it; we are sitting on top of the league with max points after our first two games against two teams who are likely to give us trouble at the top half of the league this season. So far the emphasis is on Lennons 'poor' tactics, Cummings, McGinn, Stevenson, Holt not playing well and Leanne not buying us players.

I'm quite satisfied so far. Happy clapper alert
    Correct. Some people just like to moan if it's no a negative outlook on the team it's the pies or the colour of the strip.

Blog Entries
    I moan a lot about team performances but I rarely ever single out individual players. I feel sorry for the abuse that Stevenson gets on this board so if we're going to get personal about individuals, Holt for me had a poorer game than Stevenson. He contributed next to nothing yesterday and I can hardly recollect actually seeing him with the ball at his feet. His attempts in the air were poor as he barely got a foot off the ground. I hope it was just a bad day at the office

Every manager Lewis has had picks the lad because they TRUST him to go out and do a good job. He'll have an off day like everyone but that's football. Great wee player, great servant to the club.... Oh, and LEGEND!!!!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Maybe we should get the "how bad was Stevenson " thread over and done before the games. Then we can have a "how terrible a manager is Neil Lennon " thread for continually picking a duff player. I bet that wee Lewis was heartbroken when Oxley left.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    When these threads are started the OP either get shot down or people come on and say their entitled to their opinion.

The way I see it, yes you're entitled to your opinions but those opinions are open for criticism and if necessary ridicule. If you open a thread about Lewis being gash, then back it up with some hard evidence. So okay, he was gash yesterday, think we can all agree on that, but so was half the team, so why single out one player? It smacks of hate and is a bit trolling (ie writing something just to get a reaction rather than have a reasoned debate).

So here are some facts. Lewis was gash yesterday, along with a number of teammates. We won, so in the bigger picture and in the annals of history Hibs beat what was in front of them and won 3 points. Lewis is a good LB, Lewiis not a great wing back, but most days he can do that job. He has, whatever you think of him,played more games for more managers than any other player in the side, if you think he is gash, tell us in detail why your opinion differs from over 10 managers and numerous coaches with years of experience in football. Lewis is, again regardless of your opinion, the only player to win the League and Scottish Cups with the Hibees, for that alone the man deserves respect. Also if you're saying he is rubbish, let us know who we get to replace him? Wether we like it or not we're in the championship and that limits the quality of player we can attract, we have been lucky to get John McGinn to sign and were lucky to retain the services of some of our other players, that is down to the CEO, management teams and most importantly the fans, who continue to pay high gate prices to maintain this side.

So yeah, open a thread after a victory about how rubbish a player was in the game just played, yeah call him rubbish or not good enough, but please back it up with evidence or sensible debate. All players have bad games, that doesn't make them bad players. If you just don't like a player fair do's, say so, that's your prerogative, just don't expect everyone, or maybe even anyone to agree with you.

Personally I thought Holt was gash yesterday, he seemed to get smaller when he jumped (did he jump?!?). I don't think he's a bad player, he's proven himself throughout his career to be an excellent player and we are lucky to have that caliber of player in the side. But he was bloody awful yesterday. We did win though, so it's hard for me to be upset at all.

Anyway that's way too much tapping on the phone for a Sunday mornin! I'm off back to bed 😴💤💤

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Stevenson the nww target now oxley has gone.Not taken long to get new target.At least Stevenson gives his all.