hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsAnnouncer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really appreciate the feedback mate! I am now in my 7th season with the club and can assure you we are doing our best to to liaise with fans on what they would like. I have created the user name on .net in order to keep track of things and to see exactly what the fans want can assure you at no time is this about me.

We had 16,000+ fans in the stands yesterday and unfortunately the reality of the matter is that we are never going to please everyone but we can do our best to find a common ground. I am happy if you want to come up with some suggestions to take them on board and put what you personally think works.

Towards the end of last season fans wanted more content, more talk around players more banter with opposing fans and for us to try loosen the strings a little to interact with the fans and give our support more chance to shape the match day.

With regards to the feedback on the sound system, I can assure fans that we are doing the best with what we have at the moment and that we are aware of the sound issue that we have. We are running through an emergency tannoy system that is not a PA system.

Lets together look at ways of improving and ways of trying to use some of the great suggestions that you guys have into practice. Admittedly not all will work and there may be some that we are unable to do but we can do out best :).
    Well done for coming on and responding to the points.

I'm West Upper, towards the Dunbar End and sound quality isn't great. Are there any plans to switch from using the tannoy to a proper system?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Callum7 View Post
    Since not many people can hear the sound system how about putting substitutions during the match on the scoreboard?
    the scoreboard doesn't give us that function mate

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    the scoreboard doesn't give us that function mate
    But it lets you put the team and subs on before the match and half time scores and draw?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Afraid I can barely make out anything from near the back of the East. Also we need to keep Glory Glory for special occasions - it just doesn't work in games like yesterday. The louder the music before kick off, the worse the atmosphere. Sorry if that's all negative - but it's a bit ridiculous that a superb stadium like ER doesn't have a proper PA system.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Really appreciate the feedback mate! I am now in my 7th season with the club and can assure you we are doing our best to to liaise with fans on what they would like. I have created the user name on .net in order to keep track of things and to see exactly what the fans want can assure you at no time is this about me.

We had 16,000+ fans in the stands yesterday and unfortunately the reality of the matter is that we are never going to please everyone but we can do our best to find a common ground. I am happy if you want to come up with some suggestions to take them on board and put what you personally think works.

Towards the end of last season fans wanted more content, more talk around players more banter with opposing fans and for us to try loosen the strings a little to interact with the fans and give our support more chance to shape the match day.

With regards to the feedback on the sound system, I can assure fans that we are doing the best with what we have at the moment and that we are aware of the sound issue that we have. We are running through an emergency tannoy system that is not a PA system.

Lets together look at ways of improving and ways of trying to use some of the great suggestions that you guys have into practice. Admittedly not all will work and there may be some that we are unable to do but we can do out best :).
    Why the emergency tannoy? The club have known about these problems since the stand was built and tbh they had problems in the old east too. Does that mean the club know about the problem but aren't doing anything about it? They know about the problem but can't do anything about it? I find it hard to believe in the 21st century that tge club cannot get something as simple as a tannoy system sorted to at least the point that it's understood. It is inaudible in the east, if, goodness forbid there's s serious issue the announcement system is useless and in that situation dangerous.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    The seagulls seem to understand it. They gather at 5.45 without fail.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We are on FF the very back row of the east near enough right on the halfway line, and to be honest i couldn't understand a word that was said yesterday.

Its just a noisy rabble, and the music is way too loud too in my opinion, and should be cut off with 5 minutes to kick off, again in my opinion.

We sit at the top of the West and can never understand a word that is said. We had a Liverpool supporting friend with us for the Birmingham game and they could not believe how poor it was and thought it was because they were English It has been like this for a long time and even when we have sat in other areas of the ground it is no better.

Agree with the comments on why it hasn't been sorted if this is an temporary tannoy and if there was a need to use it in an emergency it would be next to useless. Comments on the music also spot on especially .....glory, glory.....

We sometimes feel if the announcer spoke a little slower it may lead to understanding every other word and so we can guess the rest.

GGTTH
    Last edited by exeterhibby; 14-08-2016 at 07:24 PM.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar

Good on you for coming on and providing your points of view on the system.

could the club not enlist on the skills of Grant Stott to assist with ensuring the sound system balanced correctly? Or is it that the current system is totally goosed?

I personally don't have an issue with the content of what is being broadcast, it's just the quality needs to vastly improve.

In the part of the east I normally sit (between the FF and the halfway line) the PA is a distorted mess. Sounds as if the speakers in that area have gone.

Mind you it's never been great - cheap speakers perhaps?

From years of working in bands I've always found the for the best voice quality you need the best speakers you can afford.

EZ

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I`m in West Upper this season after a few seasons in the East. I have always had no problems making out the tannoy, but oddly, I`m half deaf. Must be something to do with audio frequencies or something like that.

FF here and could hear perfectly, I enjoy the music too!

The east stand tannoy is like a drunk railway station announcer and sound tinny.

Im glad the guy has come on and answered a few questions.

Though little worrying that we don't have a proper sound system in place - it's been obvious for a while now and really needs improved to help the match day experience.

Few tips..

Speak much slower and clearly.
    Get a better sound system..
    Results at half time - slow them down and speak slower again

Half time guests..can't hear a word as the system is so poor.

Music wise..hibbe heros is a classic - play it more often - I'm on my way - always play it at the end - like how we have adopted this.

Thanks

I know a lot of us think Hampden is rubbish for its surroundings and for spectators watching a game - BUT - one good thing Hampden does have is a damn good PA system. Could we learn a bit from them on what's good and not so good?

Just a thought.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the hampden tannoy system should have been part of the scottish cup winning package

but being serious, we stole the turf and the bar, did no one think of stealing the PA system