hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

Tennis Elbow Question

Any .netters had any trouble with tennis elbow before? Been having a total nightmare with it recently taking iboprufen daily and the doctors just give u painkillers and send u on your way, plus I've had to stop my gym training because of the pain. Anyone able to help? Cheers

Tennis elbow is basically repetitive strain injury, I.e. Doing something over and over again. The secret is to identify what it is that you are doing that is causing the strain.

With me it was using my elbow to keep my rucksack in place when I only had it on one shoulder! Once I realised that I was able to adapt and the pain quickly went.

Not sure that was much help to you but good luck with it.

It does go away in a few weeks but can recur in the future. A wristband pushed up to just below the elbow can give support or the surgical bandage available from chemists.

I didn't find physio helped at all and the only painkiller that worked was aspirin which got the inflammation down a bit. They tell you to put a bag of frozen peas on it. That was a bit of a hassle.

You just have to rest it as much as you can and don't strain it. Give the gym a miss for a bit!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It does go away in a few weeks but can recur in the future. A wristband pushed up to just below the elbow can give support or the surgical bandage available from chemists.

I didn't find physio helped at all and the only painkiller that worked was aspirin which got the inflammation down a bit. They tell you to put a bag of frozen peas on it. That was a bit of a hassle.

You just have to rest it as much as you can and don't strain it. Give the gym a miss for a bit!
    Top advice.

Cheers guys