hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Adam Peaty

Adam Peaty

I just had to like this guy. Thorough professional who trains 39 hours a week, and is clearly the very best at the 100m breaststroke. Was watching an interview with him and his family, he dotes on his nan, who's his biggest fan. Broke another world record to win the Olympic Gold, and deserves a hell of a lot of credit, not a big head at all, very much a team player too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just had to like this guy. Thorough professional who trains 39 hours a week, and is clearly the very best at the 100m breaststroke. Was watching an interview with him and his family, he dotes on his nan, who's his biggest fan. Broke another world record to win the Olympic Gold, and deserves a hell of a lot of credit, not a big head at all, very much a team player too.
    Massive improvement on his times.

If you're Russian or Chinese and improved like that there's smears and innuendos all over the place. A lot of double standards about...

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    If you're Russian or Chinese and improved like that there's smears and innuendos all over the place. A lot of double standards about...

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    To be fair I've seen a number of smears and innuendos on twitter about the gap between him and everyone else.

It is not unusual for people to have more trust and support for athletes from their own countries and distrust athletes from other countries. I'm sure it is exactly the same in all other countries, including China and Russia.

Similar to how football fans will think a player is a dirty cheat if he plays for the opposition, but if he plays for us, he's a good honest pro...

Certainly seems to be a growing cynicism towards elite sport though.