hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was told by a Hearts fan that Brown calling Walker a cheat was terrible. Shocking to do that to a fellow pro.

Didn't really get an answer when I asked if it was worse than deliberately cheating. Or when I said if Walker hadn't cheated Brown wouldn't have called him a cheat.
    Similar view expressed by Neilson:

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson said on Tuesday morning that he was disappointed by Brown's "cheat" comment.
    "I don't think you should be saying that about fellow professionals," Neilson told BBC Scotland.
    "If you have got an opinion on anything you are better just keeping it to yourself."

Wonderful display of irony by the opinion-expressing-but-not-keeping-it-to-yourself Neilson.
    ​#PERSEVERED

2. Log in to remove the advert

Said it for years they really are not from Planet Earth.

Vlad did a real proper job on them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson said on Tuesday morning that he was disappointed by Brown's "cheat" comment.
    "I don't think you should be saying that about fellow professionals," Neilson told BBC Scotland.
    "If you have got an opinion on anything you are better just keeping it to yourself."

Wonderful display of irony by the opinion-expressing-but-not-keeping-it-to-yourself Neilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    A couple of quotes from Robbie today...

"We believe ANY contact in the box is a penalty."
    "Our evidence is I asked Jamie if there was contact and he said yes there was." (Case closed then!)

Sorry, that 2nd one is embarrassing!!
    Funny because the actual evidence is video footage of Walker not being within a foot of making contact with another human being. That Yetti just makes things worse with his nonsense.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar

"Our evidence is I asked Jamie if there was contact and he said yes there was." (Case closed then!)

I wonder what his beliefs are on the routine shoving/holding/shirt pulling regularly employed by his hammer throwers for every corner and free kick near their goal

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post

We could ask Willie Collum to tell us what he thinks about Neilson keeping things to himself...
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Well I hope on appeal the compliance officer asks the ref what he thinks because evidently he came out at half time and apologised to BR because he admitted that he got it all wrong

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Well I hope on appeal the compliance officer asks the ref what he thinks because evidently he came out at half time and apologised to BR because he admitted that he got it all wrong

And this is why there ridiculous appeal will fail...

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    From the BBC Gossip:

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson is demanding that the SFA provide "firm evidence" that Jamie Walker took a dive as he stands by the player, who says there was contact in Sunday's penalty incident against Celtic.

Has caveman junior not seen the various angles of footage which clearly show no contact being made and Walker clearly doing his best to earn his side a pen by diving? Anyway, is this in the SFAs remit? To provide evidence to managers of cheats?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    This all going to backfire splendidly on Neilson and Hearts as his players are going to get very few decisions from refs after this.

Known cheats and then lie shamelessly...the referee has had the backbone to accept his error, unsurprisingly for an institution lacking in any class Or culpability Hearts maintain the lie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can someone show me the rule where it says that any contact in the box is a penalty? For the length of time he has been in the game RN's lack of knowledge of the rules is staggering. Either that or he is openly lying.

If any contact in the box is a penalty then there'd be some high scoring games. 9-8 13-4 7-0 etc

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

My memory may be playing tricks on me (it keeps saying 'pick a card, any card') but did Chewbacca not play in the same team as Zaliukas?

@hibs.net private member
    Hopefully this fuss they're creating over such a blatant dive reduces the number of penalties they get.

Just seen neilson is backing him to the hilt. Quelle surprise

Testimonial Due
    Very unprofessional from Neilson. A blatent dive, he's better saying nothing at all rather than trying to deny it happened.

We BELIEVE any contact in the box is a penalty? You BELIEVE? Oh well in that case, since your beliefs are the standard that these things are measured by....and here we were all thinking that clear video evidence, and a referee admitting he got it wrong (well done him btw, takes a bigger person to admit they were wrong) were of a higher standard than your beliefs? What about Tierney's beliefs? Are they to be taken into account?

This guy is so back to front it's unbelievable (pun intended). I suppose the 8 yellow cards your team got were just 'honest play' were they?

Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    From the BBC Gossip: Hearts boss Robbie Neilson is demanding that the SFA provide "firm evidence" that Jamie Walker took a dive as he stands by the player, who says there was contact in Sunday's penalty incident against Celtic. Has caveman junior not seen the various angles of footage which clearly show no contact being made and Walker clearly doing his best to earn his side a pen by diving? Anyway, is this in the SFAs remit? To provide evidence to managers of cheats?

This statement is beyond belief!!

FIRM EVIDENCE really!

Just shows you the mentality of the man and the club...... This is just we'll you know!

"ANY contact in the box is a penalty". Did the eejit actually say that? He cannot really believe that, surely? He's clutching at straws and/or talking a lot of s****.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    "ANY contact in the box is a penalty". Did the eejit actually say that? He cannot really believe that, surely? He's clutching at straws and/or talking a lot of s****.
    Ha if he said that then there would be dozens of penalties each in every game!

Remember though he's not got the capability or the capacity to know what he's saying and think at the same time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Hopefully this fuss they're creating over such a blatant dive reduces the number of penalties they get.
    Well that's that hope dashed.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    From the BBC Gossip:

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson is demanding that the SFA provide "firm evidence" that Jamie Walker took a dive as he stands by the player, who says there was contact in Sunday's penalty incident against Celtic.

Has caveman junior not seen the various angles of footage which clearly show no contact being made and Walker clearly doing his best to earn his side a pen by diving? Anyway, is this in the SFAs remit? To provide evidence to managers of cheats?
    Show us there was contact you fool. Unless you can then blatantly dived as per all video evidence I've seen. Ref admitted he got it wrong.
    As an aside Sportsound on the way to work tonight two players (no idea who they were but one might have been Ryan Stevenson) said players were quite right to go down to gain a pen whether here is contact or not. Sums fitba up.

The weirdest club in world football.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    To be fair to Neilson he's only saying what Levein will have told him to.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    To be fair to Neilson he's only saying what Levein will have told him to.
    I wonder what Budge is thinking about it all...starting with Walker's repeated cheating and the weak, ill informed and frankly dishonest defence of him by a manager who seems more ignorant of the rules of the game with each passing day.

Between that and their shocking discipline I'd imagine it doesn't sit too well with her squeaky clean vision of Hawrts going forward.

There may be trouble ahead.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Absolute freaks. Imagine trying to defend that dive. Embarrassing from both Walker and the Poodle

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain.... View Post
    I wonder what Budge is thinking about it all...starting with Walker's repeated cheating and the weak, ill informed and frankly dishonest defence of him by a manager who seems more ignorant of the rules of the game with each passing day.

Between that and their shocking discipline I'd imagine it doesn't sit too well with her squeaky clean vision of Hawrts going forward.

You've got to wonder right enough. But in saying that do you not have to pay for an appeal, in which case you might think her, Neilson and Levein would have discussed it first.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain.... View Post

Very odd that Chewbaaca has to ask Walker his opinion when it's clear to a blind man he took an embarrassing dive

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The weirdest club in world football.
    Just when you think they are the biggest bunch of oddballs on the planet. Have washed after looking at keekback for the first time in years I was actually surprised at some posters being almost normal. Some even saying that they are too obsessed with us and that they foul too much and just want to play hoofball. They are of course drowned out by the Neanderthals who now want to lynch Robbie and harry potter for being too soft. Hilarious if it was a spoof but to think this is actually fans is scary.