hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

Promoting Fine Dining @ Quinn's London Hibs Supporters Club's Avatar

2017 Burns Night

Folks - it's been confirmed that we will be holding a Burns Night on the evening of Saturday 28th January 2017. The venue will be confirmed over the next couple of weeks as we're trying to secure a Thames River Boat for the evening and are awaiting confirmation.

This years guests of honour are; Gordon Rae, Alan Sneddon and The Scottish Cup (yes - the club are bringing down the trophy for the evening ).

Ticket details will follow in due course so watch this space.

Its official, that didnae take long! :-)

Promising Youngster Risboro Hibby's Avatar
    Brilliant. Looking forward to it already

I'll definitely be up for that. Sounds awesome. Is there an email group for London hibs?

Jambo Kickback's Flump of the Year 2008 Sergey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutercolin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll definitely be up for that. Sounds awesome. Is there an email group for London hibs?
    Hi Colin - drop me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to the list.

We'll know more about the Burns Night after Wednesday next week as we're firming everything up then.

Sergey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounds awesome! Is there already some sort of program? I know it's still early but would be great to have a look.

Joe

Any updates yet?

?

Finally....an update.

This years event will once again be held at the Penderels Oak - High Holborn on the evening of Saturday 28th January with a 19:00 start. As outlined in my OP, our guests of hour are, Gordon Rae, Alan Sneddon and The Scottish Cup. Tickets will be either 20 or 22 for the evening to include haggis/neeps/tatties - a dram of whisky and an evening of entertainment.

As an added bonus, we've liaised with Qos and Hibs and it's been agreed by both clubs that we can stream a live feed of the QoS match in the afternoon at a private cinema in Central London. It simply needs the approval of a certain Mr Doncaster at the SPFL and it's a goer. We've said that we're doing this to raise money for charity and we'll ask you for a donation on the way out of the cinema (you are obviously under no obligation to donate).

The bad news is the pub has lost its late licence, so last orders will be at 23:50 and we must vacate the premises by 00:20.

If anyone wants to travel down from Edinburgh, please speak to Paul Kane at the Four in Hand regarding group travel. This is going to be a popular event and we are confident it will sell-out quickly.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by London Hibs Supporters Club View Post
    Finally....an update.

This years event will once again be held at the Penderels Oak - High Holborn on the evening of Saturday 28th January with a 19:00 start. As outlined in my OP, our guests of hour are, Gordon Rae, Alan Sneddon and The Scottish Cup. Tickets will be either 20 or 22 for the evening to include haggis/neeps/tatties - a dram of whisky and an evening of entertainment.

As an added bonus, we've liaised with Qos and Hibs and it's been agreed by both clubs that we can stream a live feed of the QoS match in the afternoon at a private cinema in Central London. It simply needs the approval of a certain Mr Doncaster at the SPFL and it's a goer. We've said that we're doing this to raise money for charity and we'll ask you for a donation on the way out of the cinema (you are obviously under no obligation to donate).

The bad news is the pub has lost its late licence, so last orders will be at 23:50 and we must vacate the premises by 00:20.

If anyone wants to travel down from Edinburgh, please speak to Paul Kane at the Four in Hand regarding group travel. This is going to be a popular event and we are confident it will sell-out quickly.

Hi Guys

I've popped over from The Hibees Bounce to ask, on behalf of a poster there called London Bouncer, how he can buy a ticket for your Burns Night. He doesn't appear able to log in to Hibs.net for some reason so can someone either reply to this with the details or nip on to the bounce and reply to his thread please http://www.hibeesbounce.com/showthre...94#post1556094
    Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Hi Guys

I've popped over from The Hibees Bounce to ask, on behalf of a poster there called London Bouncer, how he can buy a ticket for your Burns Night. He doesn't appear able to log in to Hibs.net for some reason so can someone either reply to this with the details or nip on to the bounce and reply to his thread please http://www.hibeesbounce.com/showthre...94#post1556094
    Many thanks
    Can you drop me a PM with an email address, I'll then add your man to the contact list - I can't post on the thread in the link even though I have an account on the Bounce.

Hope this is a workaround.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Can you drop me a PM with an email address, I'll then add your man to the contact list - I can't post on the thread in the link even though I have an account on the Bounce.

Cool Sergey I will ask him and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post

Any news on the beamback of the QOS game yet G?

First Team Breakthrough LondonHibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Quote Originally Posted by London Hibs Supporters Club View Post
    Finally....an update.

Sounds like a good day out and not too far to stagger home for me..

I've already got my name down for two places with Kano. Is he arranging travel and digs or just travel?
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 24-10-2016 at 09:31 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    I was at the last 1 your doing well if you last till 11 30pm trains usually at 7am fabulous day and night I'm sure it was the last one I was at got up 8am Sunday to watch Andy Murray at Australian open final then onto Quinn's to watch the game vs dons put it on your bucket list

Quote Originally Posted by Earlydelivery View Post
    I was at the last 1 your doing well if you last till 11 30pm trains usually at 7am fabulous day and night I'm sure it was the last one I was at got up 8am Sunday to watch Andy Murray at Australian open final then onto Quinn's to watch the game vs dons put it on your bucket list
    It was indeed. Good banter in Millers while Soccer Saturday was on too.

Nae bother.

No probs, will arrange to get them from the 4IH.

UPDATE

As you all will know, we were hoping to screen the QoS match in the afternoon of Burns Night. Because of circumstances out with our control, I'm afraid this event isn't going to happen and I must apologise.

Although the tickets state a 19:30 start, the venue will be open from 19:00 so please feel free to arrive early.

Pictures with the Scottish Cup There are 2 photographers in attendance and we should all be able to get our pictures taken with the Scottish Cup. We will host the images on an online gallery and you can download them from there. As some of you will know, we sadly lost a valuable member of the London Hibs fraternity last year when David Drysdale sadly passed away at the age of 50 with a rare form of cancer. We would like to ask for a voluntary donation of 10 when you download your print which we will pass-on to Marie Curie Hospice Edinburgh where David spent his last days. More details will follow.

David was a good friend of mine and Sergey has kept me up to date with whats been happening. I spoke to David's widow today and told her what you guys were doing and she was very pleased and moved by it. . David loved his involvement with London Hibs back in the day and mentioned it a lot. Much respect to you all

What a ******in' night. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish and for us to be able to buy all who attended the last round was an absolute pleasure.

Details will follow for the download of images and videos.

A big thanks to all who attended for making this an evening to remember. This won't be easy to surpass!

GGTTH

Promising Youngster Risboro Hibby's Avatar
    Brilliant night. Thanks very much for everyone who organised it

First Team Regular
    Sounds like you all had a fantastic night!
    Fair fa yer honest sonsie face😄🍷🍾🍺🍻

Well done for all your efforts Sergey, a good night was had by all by the look of things.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Are the photographs online yet to download?

PS great night Sergey.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Are the photographs online yet to download?

PS great night Sergey.
    We're hoping to get the images uploaded early next week.

Work in progress and all that.

It'll happen - I promise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]