hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Promoting Fine Dining @ Quinn's London Hibs Supporters Club's Avatar

2017 Burns Night

Folks - it's been confirmed that we will be holding a Burns Night on the evening of Saturday 28th January 2017. The venue will be confirmed over the next couple of weeks as we're trying to secure a Thames River Boat for the evening and are awaiting confirmation.

This years guests of honour are; Gordon Rae, Alan Sneddon and The Scottish Cup (yes - the club are bringing down the trophy for the evening ).

Ticket details will follow in due course so watch this space.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Its official, that didnae take long! :-)

Promising Youngster Risboro Hibby's Avatar
    Brilliant. Looking forward to it already

I'll definitely be up for that. Sounds awesome. Is there an email group for London hibs?

Jambo Kickback's Flump of the Year 2008 Sergey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutercolin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll definitely be up for that. Sounds awesome. Is there an email group for London hibs?
    Hi Colin - drop me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to the list.

We'll know more about the Burns Night after Wednesday next week as we're firming everything up then.

Sergey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounds awesome! Is there already some sort of program? I know it's still early but would be great to have a look.

Joe

Any updates yet?

?

Finally....an update.

This years event will once again be held at the Penderels Oak - High Holborn on the evening of Saturday 28th January with a 19:00 start. As outlined in my OP, our guests of hour are, Gordon Rae, Alan Sneddon and The Scottish Cup. Tickets will be either 20 or 22 for the evening to include haggis/neeps/tatties - a dram of whisky and an evening of entertainment.

As an added bonus, we've liaised with Qos and Hibs and it's been agreed by both clubs that we can stream a live feed of the QoS match in the afternoon at a private cinema in Central London. It simply needs the approval of a certain Mr Doncaster at the SPFL and it's a goer. We've said that we're doing this to raise money for charity and we'll ask you for a donation on the way out of the cinema (you are obviously under no obligation to donate).

The bad news is the pub has lost its late licence, so last orders will be at 23:50 and we must vacate the premises by 00:20.

If anyone wants to travel down from Edinburgh, please speak to Paul Kane at the Four in Hand regarding group travel. This is going to be a popular event and we are confident it will sell-out quickly.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

I've already got my name down for two places with Kano. Is he arranging travel and digs or just travel?
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 24-10-2016 at 09:31 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    I was at the last 1 your doing well if you last till 11 30pm trains usually at 7am fabulous day and night I'm sure it was the last one I was at got up 8am Sunday to watch Andy Murray at Australian open final then onto Quinn's to watch the game vs dons put it on your bucket list

Quote Originally Posted by Earlydelivery View Post
    I was at the last 1 your doing well if you last till 11 30pm trains usually at 7am fabulous day and night I'm sure it was the last one I was at got up 8am Sunday to watch Andy Murray at Australian open final then onto Quinn's to watch the game vs dons put it on your bucket list
    It was indeed. Good banter in Millers while Soccer Saturday was on too.

Quote Originally Posted by London Hibs Supporters Club View Post
    Finally....an update.

This years event will once again be held at the Penderels Oak - High Holborn on the evening of Saturday 28th January with a 19:00 start. As outlined in my OP, our guests of hour are, Gordon Rae, Alan Sneddon and The Scottish Cup. Tickets will be either 20 or 22 for the evening to include haggis/neeps/tatties - a dram of whisky and an evening of entertainment.

As an added bonus, we've liaised with Qos and Hibs and it's been agreed by both clubs that we can stream a live feed of the QoS match in the afternoon at a private cinema in Central London. It simply needs the approval of a certain Mr Doncaster at the SPFL and it's a goer. We've said that we're doing this to raise money for charity and we'll ask you for a donation on the way out of the cinema (you are obviously under no obligation to donate).

The bad news is the pub has lost its late licence, so last orders will be at 23:50 and we must vacate the premises by 00:20.

If anyone wants to travel down from Edinburgh, please speak to Paul Kane at the Four in Hand regarding group travel. This is going to be a popular event and we are confident it will sell-out quickly.

Hi Guys

I've popped over from The Hibees Bounce to ask, on behalf of a poster there called London Bouncer, how he can buy a ticket for your Burns Night. He doesn't appear able to log in to Hibs.net for some reason so can someone either reply to this with the details or nip on to the bounce and reply to his thread please http://www.hibeesbounce.com/showthre...94#post1556094
    Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Hi Guys

I've popped over from The Hibees Bounce to ask, on behalf of a poster there called London Bouncer, how he can buy a ticket for your Burns Night. He doesn't appear able to log in to Hibs.net for some reason so can someone either reply to this with the details or nip on to the bounce and reply to his thread please http://www.hibeesbounce.com/showthre...94#post1556094
    Many thanks
    Can you drop me a PM with an email address, I'll then add your man to the contact list - I can't post on the thread in the link even though I have an account on the Bounce.

Hope this is a workaround.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Can you drop me a PM with an email address, I'll then add your man to the contact list - I can't post on the thread in the link even though I have an account on the Bounce.

Cool Sergey I will ask him and get back to you.

First Team Breakthrough HibeeDave's Avatar
    Excellent news, put me down for two tickets

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    I'm not sure I can make it yet but where would I book the tickets if I can make it?

I would be interested in coming along to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    I would be interested in coming along to this.
    I assume you'll be travelling independently and not part of the Kano contingent - if I've called that correct, you'll need to send me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to the list.

We genuinely don't have many tickets left to shift and I'm confident that the event will sell-out in the next week or so.

We can't hold tickets waiting on a decision as we can shift as many as we can print - but we're limited with numbers as the venue are strict with capacity.

Folks - Just to inform you that this event has

SOLD OUT

@hibs.net private member LondonHibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Finally....an update.

Sounds like a good day out and not too far to stagger home for me..

First Team Breakthrough HibeeDave's Avatar

SOLD OUT

did i get my name in quick enough?

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeDave View Post
    did i get my name in quick enough?
    Can you drop me a PM with your email address and I'll drop you the details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Folks - hopefully you should all (at least those who have paid) received your tickets in the mail. I sent the last batch out on Friday so they should be with you shortly if they haven't already arrived.

There has been a misunderstanding and we've taken a double-booking for a table of seven. We can sell them in one's and two's or all seven together. I'll also be taking them to Quinn's on Friday so you can pick them up there.

These are a thing of beauty!

Burns Night Tickets.jpg

Folks - hopefully you should all (at least those who have paid) received your tickets in the mail. I sent the last batch out on Friday so they should be with you shortly if they haven't already arrived.

There has been a misunderstanding and we've taken a double-booking for a table of seven. We can sell them in one's and two's or all seven together. I'll also be taking them to Quinn's on Friday so you can pick them up there.

These are a thing of beauty!

Burns Night Tickets.jpg
    Good work, have paid do you have my address in the shires?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post

Any news on the beamback of the QOS game yet G?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Any news on the beamback of the QOS game yet G?
    My contact at Hibs is out on the road touring with the Scottish Cup and I don't want to pester him. He'll let us know the plans for the afternoon as soon as he knows. We do have a Plan B - Time for Heroes DVD screening or Plan C - Trainspotting II.

I'll post on the thread as soon as we know - it'll happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nae bother.

SOLD OUT
    I see Conrad Logan has mentioned in todays Evening News that he had an invite to this event, have you had a response yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I see Conrad Logan has mentioned in todays Evening News that he had an invite to this event, have you had a response yet?
    Wrong event, mate. It's private dining in the brasserie at Quinn's with a few LHSC members. Pierre is putting on a special tasting menu.

I understand the confusion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]