hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My problem with BT is that they didn't do Sky Atlantic. Is that still the case?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    They don't. Our workaround is a NowTV box which costs around £5 a month if you by the vouchers (generally get ours on Amazon) for Entertainment channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Managed to get sky to give me 50% discount for year with no new contract. Also £25 credit to my account.

Someone else in the household spoke to SKY as they were (as they do) trying to increase the monthly bill - the sky gadgie advised that we "don't watch a lot of documentaries" so how about getting rid of them and that'll keep the bill about level pegging.

Problem is.. this in turn got rid of Eurosport and At The Races, which are two of the channels I watch most!! I'm assuming I can't just add these channels on without the whole documentary package again? That's us signed into another contract as it is, so I can't just cancel/threaten to cancel until that's up again.

cheers.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Someone else in the household spoke to SKY as they were (as they do) trying to increase the monthly bill - the sky gadgie advised that we "don't watch a lot of documentaries" so how about getting rid of them and that'll keep the bill about level pegging.

Problem is.. this in turn got rid of Eurosport and At The Races, which are two of the channels I watch most!! I'm assuming I can't just add these channels on without the whole documentary package again? That's us signed into another contract as it is, so I can't just cancel/threaten to cancel until that's up again.

cheers.
    I'm sure you could complain that you were "mis sold" and get it corrected.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar

cheers.
    I'm fairly sure you're entitled to a cooling off period for any new contract, usually around 4 weeks?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I'm fairly sure you're entitled to a cooling off period for any new contract, usually around 4 weeks?
    Could come under distance selling rules which gives 14 days I think.

Cheers folks - this was a few months ago (I've just never managed to do anything about it, and realising more and more how much of a miss the channels are)

Miss-sold would rely on the old lady being 100% accurate in telling me they "only mentioned the documentary channels" :)

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Cheers folks - this was a few months ago (I've just never managed to do anything about it, and realising more and more how much of a miss the channels are)

Miss-sold would rely on the old lady being 100% accurate in telling me they "only mentioned the documentary channels" :)
    Write to them and complain anyway.

Im a pain in the arse to big companies like sky as I'm always firing letters off complaining when I'm no happy with something, sometimes even if I know I'm in the wrong.

You'll probably be amazed at what they offer as compensation and if they don't you're no worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Write to them and complain anyway.

Im a pain in the arse to big companies like sky as I'm always firing letters off complaining when I'm no happy with something, sometimes even if I know I'm in the wrong.

You'll probably be amazed at what they offer as compensation and if they don't you're no worse off.
    Fancy writing a complaint letter for me to Volkswagen about how ***** their garage is at Newbridge? :

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Could come under distance selling rules which gives 14 days I think.
    If you take an offer which has services that kick in straight away then often there is legally no cooling off period.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net