hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Tyson Fury drugs cheat?

Could be.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Guilty as sin.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Wouldn't surprise me.

They all deal cut badly ching.

Testimonial Due
    I think the hearing will prove otherwise and I look forward to him beating Klitschko again in October.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the hearing will prove otherwise and I look forward to him beating Klitschko again in October.

Drugs dishonesty in professional heavyweight boxing?

Just not possible. It wouldn't be allowed.

The fact he announced his "injury" the same day he was served with a ban (although not publicly) speaks volumes.

Pretty sure UKAD's Nandrolone levels for a fail is about 40 times that of a normal human being, so they're basically saying boxers can get juiced up as long as they don't take the piss. Dunno how much they're saying he failed by but it must be pretty severely over normal levels. The heavyweight division looked fantastic a year ago, now it looks a bit paralysed. Can only really think of Joshua being active regularly amongst the top guys.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    The fact he announced his "injury" the same day he was served with a ban (although not publicly) speaks volumes.

Pretty sure UKAD's Nandrolone levels for a fail is about 40 times that of a normal human being, so they're basically saying boxers can get juiced up as long as they don't take the piss. Dunno how much they're saying he failed by but it must be pretty severely over normal levels. The heavyweight division looked fantastic a year ago, now it looks a bit paralysed. Can only really think of Joshua being active regularly amongst the top guys.
    Sure I read that he was first pulled up about this apparent failed test before he fought Klitschko in October last year. If so, why was he allowed to fight? Regarding the injury, he posted a pic of his ankle on Twitter at the time and it looked legit.

Joshua gets most of the publicity, but all the other top guys, bar Fury & Klitschko for obvious reasons, are fighting regular. Agree though about the HW division...some of these big fights need to be made asap.

Sure I read that he was first pulled up about this apparent failed test before he fought Klitschko in October last year. If so, why was he allowed to fight? Regarding the injury, he posted a pic of his ankle on Twitter at the time and it looked legit.

Joshua gets most of the publicity, but all the other top guys, bar Fury & Klitschko for obvious reasons, are fighting regular. Agree though about the HW division...some of these big fights need to be made asap.
    With Wilder being out of action for a bit and Fury potentially facing a suspension I think it could be a while until the blockbuster fights happen.

Assuming Joshua comes through his next fight, which he should, I think him and Haye could happen. That would be risky for him imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    With Wilder being out of action for a bit and Fury potentially facing a suspension I think it could be a while until the blockbuster fights happen.

Assuming Joshua comes through his next fight, which he should, I think him and Haye could happen. That would be risky for him imo.
    Didn't realise Wilder got injured in his recent fight.

Joshua v Haye would be a huge fight and I agree, a very dangerous one for Joshua. Interesting to see that Haye's proposed fight with Shannon Briggs seems to have fallen by the wayside. I suspect Haye is in the hunt for the vacant WBA belt before he takes on Joshua.

Fury v Klitschko rematch off again due to Fury being declared medically unfit , whatever that means, although it's widely known he suffers from depression so I'd be guessing it's along those lines. IMO he'll be stripped of the titles and Wlad will likely fight Ortiz for the WBO belt and the WBA belt will go back to being a bit of a paper trinket. I think Fury should concentrate on getting better and cash out against AJ next year at some point.

Testimonial Due
    Gutted about this as I had tickets which I hope will now be refunded. Also booked and paid for a hotel so will need to see about cancelling that. Don't really fancy a random weekend in Manchester for no reason!

As someone who spent a bit money on this I was angry at first. But I suspect the issue here is mental health, so I'm not going to start slating him like many others are doing on social media. If it is depression or something along those lines, I'll be surprised if he fights again.

Makes his statements about David Haye look a bit daft now whether it's mental or physical health that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Makes his statements about David Haye look a bit daft now whether it's mental or physical health that's the problem.
    Yep, his "I'm a fighting man" rant is the first thing I thought of when he failed to turn up to the press conference recently. It's a real farce and he's really lost all the goodwill he built up winning the lineal title.

Testimonial Due
    Putting out a full statement on Tuesday apparently, I'll reserve judgement until then. All seems to be pointing towards mental health issues. But I agree, it does make him look foolish given some of the stuff he's came out with in the past.

Tests positive for cocaine

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Yip. And to be stripped of his belts.

End of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Seen this reported on various sites but any definitive confirmation yet?

You knew something wasn't right when he was continually pulling out of the rematch. Credit where it's due he won the titles fair snd square but from a spectator pov.... him ad heavyweight champion of the world is farcical.

That being said I hope he can get the problems he's suffering from mentally resolved.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Although it's obviously illegal I don't see why he should be stripped of his titles. Cocaine is hardly going to enhance his sporting performance. Stripping an athlete of his titles or medals when he has used drugs to enhance his or hers performance is absolutely correct. Fury is an idiot for doing what he's done, but he certainly hasn't gained an advantage from it.

United we stand here....

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Although it's obviously illegal I don't see why he should be stripped of his titles. Cocaine is hardly going to enhance his sporting performance.
    It depends how good the stuff is 😉

Seriously though, I agree. Boxing is rife with drugs cheats and Fury taking some Coke doesn't count as cheating. It definitely doesn't have to mean the end of his career, his mental wellbeing might though.

Hopefully this clears the way for Joshua v Klitschko and they can fight for the vacant belts. The HW division needs a kick up the arse and that fight would be the one to get everyone excited.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital;482915[B
    3]It depends how good the stuff is [/B]😉

Seriously though, I agree. Boxing is rife with drugs cheats and Fury taking some Coke doesn't count as cheating. It definitely doesn't have to mean the end of his career, his mental wellbeing might though.

Hopefully this clears the way for Joshua v Klitschko and they can fight for the vacant belts. The HW division needs a kick up the arse and that fight would be the one to get everyone excited.
    That's true . I agree about the Joshua fight, although I'd love to see him and Haye get it on. That would be a huge fight in this country.

United we stand here....

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That's true . I agree about the Joshua fight, although I'd love to see him and Haye get it on. That would be a huge fight in this country.
    Yes definitely. Hopefully we see it next year at Wembley or another big stadium.

Yes definitely. Hopefully we see it next year at Wembley or another big stadium.
    Easter Road would be perfect

United we stand here....

It depends how good the stuff is 😉

not keen for Joshua v Wlad.

Wlad would batter him and I really think 5-6 more fights of increasing intensity and AJ could be amongst the best.

17 and 1/2 st and there isn't an ounce of fat on him.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Wlad would batter him and I really think 5-6 more fights of increasing intensity and AJ could be amongst the best.

It's an interesting fight. I don't think Wlad would batter him, he showed in his last fight that he struggles against guys bigger than him. Plus he's 40 now and in the twilight of his career.

Definitely a massive step up for Joshua though. Wlad might not be the most exciting to watch, but he knows how to box and would give Joshua problems all night long. I'm interested to see how AJ would deal with Klitschko.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Because he is using PEDS. Check out the roid gut

And the moral of the story is never trust the word of a pikey

Testimonial Due
    Fury just put this tweet out:

Boxing is the saddest thing I ever took part in, all a pile of ****, I'm the greatest, & I'm also retired, so go suck a dick, happy days.😀😀😀

Fury just put this tweet out:

Boxing is the saddest thing I ever took part in, all a pile of ****, I'm the greatest, & I'm also retired, so go suck a dick, happy days.😀😀😀
    On it at lunchtime. What a legend.

Testimonial Due
    And now this....

Hahahaha u think you will get rid of the GYPSYKING that easy!!! I'm here to stay. #TheGreatest just shows u what the Medea are like. Tut tut