hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Best Time of year to book next years holiday?

I'm just back from a lovely fortnight in Lanzarote and I am already looking to next year.
    What would be the best time of year to book for next year .
    The past 2 years I have booked within a month of coming home but I quite fancy the idea of leaving the booking until much nearer the time .
    Will I save a bundle bookin early or last minute?

There are 5 of us.

Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Depends a lot on who you are flying with. I know a lot of the package holidays include flights with low cost carriers.

Normally when booking with these airlines it is cheaper the further in advance you book.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just back from a lovely fortnight in Lanzarote and I am already looking to next year.
    What would be the best time of year to book for next year .
    The past 2 years I have booked within a month of coming home but I quite fancy the idea of leaving the booking until much nearer the time .
    Will I save a bundle bookin early or last minute?

There are 5 of us.

Cheers
    Never been to Lanzarote before, any tips on good hotels, food, entertainment and comfort ( ned free places if poss 😄) supposed to be going ti Icmeler Turkey in 10 weeks but looks like that may not be happening 😢

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Never been to Lanzarote before, any tips on good hotels, food, entertainment and comfort ( ned free places if poss 😄) supposed to be going ti Icmeler Turkey in 10 weeks but looks like that may not be happening 😢
    I loved Lanzarote. We stayed in Playa Blanca on the south of the island which was great. Small resort but lots of bars and nice restaurants. Short ferry to Fuerteventura for a day out and a trip up the volcanoes is a must.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Gamer IDs

I'm looking at Cancun next year. Anyone been?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Costa Teguise is lovely with beautiful beaches.
    We stayed all inc at the Blue Sea Costa Teguise beach hotel.
    Decent enough although we did have an issue with no water for the last 2 nights.
    It's right on a perfect beach. Crystal clear waters. Stunning.

Didn't venture out that much and the only bars we frequented were family orientated.

A wee tip . If you are planning on going to the Sensi shop , it was closed by the police when I was there.
    There is however the Grass Monkey in Peurto Del Carmen.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    I was looking at prices last night. Safe to say I won't be going there:-)
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Decent enough although we did have an issue with no water for the last 2 nights.

Didn't venture out that much and the only bars we frequented were family orientated.

A wee tip . If you are planning on going to the Sensi shop , it was closed by the police when I was there.
    Cheers SG, still not had any confirmation from Jet2 or foreign office as to flights being cancelled, bit of a dilema, not sure whether to hold off or just book something else.

Ive had my ☀️ Though as just back from the stunning Menorca 😄

January is usually a good time to bag a bargain.

Not a lot of people book when the Christmas bills hit the mat and if you are willing to haggle you will get a decent deal.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

I was looking at prices last night. Safe to say I won't be going there:-)
    spoiling myself for my 50th.

After 2 years staying home I need some sun....

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Agree with PB, the week after Christmas or around NY is when the holiday companies offer keen pricing to keep the cash flow going. I got a hotel for 4 nights in Orlando(Universal) for £466 compared to the average £1000 2 days after Christmas.
    Flights can vary, google flights is a good app as you can track flight prices moving around. I found business or premium class was best booked as soon as flights were released, usually 11 months out. Economy class was best around 9 months out or a LOT nearer departure date but I wouldn't like to book my flights THAT late. For example, you could have booked a return flight to Orlando from Edinburgh at the end of June this year, it departed Wednesday 6th July and it was only £234 per person.

Always used to be 26th or 27th Dec. Pickfords Travel between St Andrew Square/ Scott Monument opposite Jenners.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    My brother's in Icmeler just now, and I'm booked for Olu Deniz in September. I can completely understand why some people might not want to go, but it's getting to the point where we're going to be scared to leave our own houses soon, and that's just what these *******s want. Look what's happening in France and Germany (and pretty much everywhere else too). Ultimately, no country is safe any more. I realise it's a different issue in Turkey at the moment but I think if you steer clear of Istanbul and Ankara you've probably got more chance of being injured/killed at M&Ds or on the A9. Maybe I'd feel different if I had kids with me though so you have to make the decision that's right for you. Have a gid 'un wherever you end up

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

You must have been in Costa Teguise the same time as me. I was in the barcelo lanzarote hotel.

United we stand here....

I've been to playa car which is next to playa del carmen, nice place a bit quieter than cancun,
    Also been to hotel further down the road going towards tulum, really nice hotel,

Yeh. Twice. Go, it's amazing!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie-bee View Post
    I've been to playa car which is next to playa del carmen, nice place a bit quieter than cancun,
    Also been to hotel further down the road going towards tulum, really nice hotel,
    I've never been to Mexico but we're looking at The Bahia Principe Akumel which apparently isnt far from Play Del Carmen. Just looking for the cheapest way to do it. Possibly going to fly from Manchester again as it saves around £700 for the 4 of us.

It's a very nice hotel , my nephew stayed there , you get the local bus into playa del carmen, out side your hotel 35 peso each about £1.50 there are no bus stops small white mini buses , take the bus into tulum as well same price , then you can look at the Mayan ruins etc you pay in there as well I think it was 65 pesos , with Thomson that trip cost £100 , when you come out the ruins turn left to the beach it is the nicest beach I have been on pure white,

Gamer IDs

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/265897?m=19905

We're looking at this one. Reviews look good and there's a golf course on the complex

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I've never been to Mexico but we're looking at The Bahia Principe Akumel which apparently isnt far from Play Del Carmen. Just looking for the cheapest way to do it. Possibly going to fly from Manchester again as it saves around £700 for the 4 of us.
    Keep an eye on The Trainline. We got returns to Manchester Airport for about £35 each

Edit: if you're in Edinburgh, that is.